Fast Stylized Procedural Sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASED] Fast Stylized Procedural Sky

Hello, I would like to introduce you one month of my work that will be available on the store very soon

Fast Stylized Procedural Sky is a unique dynamic sky material and advanced weather system that is perfectly balanced between quality and efficiency. Designed and optimized specially for Mobile, Virtual Reality and stylized PC/Console games.

Showcase:
    https://goo.gl/PdcgEC
    https://goo.gl/4uGiA5

Features:
    • Over 40 parameters to customize sky - hardness, density, distortion, shadow, color, scattering color, moving speed, lightness, ambient and much more.
    • GPU friendly works efficient even on VR Mobile platform. (LESS than 140 instructions! and ONLY 3 texture samplers used!) Small memory usage and fast loading.
    • Clouds lighting with scattering and shadows changes depending on sun position.
    • Static background clouds and stars layer.
    • Configurable shiny sun and moon.
    • Atmospheric sky gradient with tilting in sun direction.
    • Customizable automatic clouds UV calculation.
    • Moon normal-mapping and lighting calculated based on relative sun and moon position.
    • Sky parameters loaded from curves/manual settings and blueprint functions.
    • Supported wind direction and clouds speed.
    • Smooth transitions between weather states based on preset system.
    • Material is based on the new unpublished before method for fast calculation of procedural clouds lighting. You will not find this solution anywhere else
    Feel free to ask questions
    Last edited by omnomnomkoks; 11-10-2017, 11:17 AM.

Package is available now: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...procedural-sky

Comment

Excellent! Added to my wishlist

Would it be possible to add stuff between cloud layer and background sky ? (mountains, additional planets, extra layer of hand painted clouds to scroll around, etc.)

Comment

Thanks! It is not supported by material right now but should be easy to add in future so I will put this feature on my list for next update

Comment

It should be possible to add layer with mountains but I have to tweak shader to remove artifacts before I publish new version
          Image mountains background hosted in imgbb.com

Comment

I'm really into this package. Looks like a nice job. I saw on your road map. "Scalable day and night duration" for me this is key. All of these day night cycle systems just do a 12 hour day night cycle. Even scaling it is a lot of realism. In my case that totally UNneeded, and infact I dont want it. I would image in a lot of games are the same way. What really is needed just 4 states. Daytime, Night transition,Night, Daytime transition. All of which could be called in games based on events, with some natural-ish transition. Since you are running it on a clock I'm betting its going to be hard to set that up. Still, if you could get that into your system I would buy it in a sec and I think others would love it too. I'm interested to hear if this is feasible.

Comment

GameMaster79 I'm going to add function to interpolate time of day to desired hour in some definied duration. It would be sufficient for your needs?

Meanwhile screen after my last changes:
              Image backgrounds 2 hosted in imgbb.com
              Last edited by omnomnomkoks; 11-14-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by omnomnomkoks View Post
                It should be possible to add layer with mountains but I have to tweak shader to remove artifacts before I publish new version
                Looking good

Btw, does it work with forward rendering in desktop VR? (I assume if it works on mobile VR, it should, since mobile VR uses forward rendering)

Also wondering if it's possible to make anime looking clouds in addition to what the system already offers:

https://www.imgbase.info/images/safe...d_lanscape.jpg

https://www.ihdimages.com/wp-content...lpapers_hd.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/recommendmeanime.c...16%2C459&ssl=1

http://screenheaven.com/walls/art-de...-1920x1080.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8e/b3/3a/8eb33aff0c49ee4c94b237421ddb621a.jpg

Comment

Yes! It works fine with forward rendering. Sky is rendered as one skydome mesh with material that is Unlit and uses only emissive color as output.

I will think how to improve material to achieve anime clouds effect. Current state of this feature here:

Last edited by omnomnomkoks; 11-15-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Any chance this works on 4.17? I'm waiting to upgrade my project to 4.18 until a few other plugins are updated.

either way, looking forward to trying this sky system!

Comment

You have to add a way to choose your Exponential Fog, just like UDS does. This sky system looks amazing!

What you need to add:
                      -Skylight system with 2 options: 1. Recapture every X seconds periodically 2. Use specified cube map for "Fast Skylight" (just like in UDS)
                      -Ability to select Exponential Fog into the level, and make the fog match the sky/lighting color (just like in UDS)

i absolutely LOVE this system for being more centered for Mobile devices. Very excited about that.

Are the weather features Dynamic?

Comment

What you need to add:
                        -Skylight system with 2 options: 1. Recapture every X seconds periodically 2. Use specified cube map for "Fast Skylight" (just like in UDS)
                        -Ability to select Exponential Fog into the level, and make the fog match the sky/lighting color (just like in UDS)
                        I've already implemented both of this features and it will be available in update to version 1.1. Probably tomorrow
                        Weather is dynamic you can prepare your own weather preset and change from blueprint or by random.
                        I appreciate your feedback.

Any chance this works on 4.17?
                        I'm going to check this
                        Last edited by omnomnomkoks; 11-16-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Do you have day/night cycles in this project, @omnomnomkoks ?

I am wondering because in my VR project I have to have stationary sky light and stationary directional light (I have to double check, but I think dynamic directional light was too performance taxing). Also, my directional light is inside a BP actor. I have it setup this way to achieve anime/toon shading in materials.

So I am wondering how your system (if you have it) would work with my setup.

Comment

Fast Stylized Procedural Sky v 1.1 Released

New features:
                            - Static landscape backgrounds interleaved with clouds (3 example backgrounds added to package).
                            - Height fog interaction and sky light recapture frequency.
                            - Sun eclipse and stars scintillation added.
                            - Stars/Moon Brightness multipliers added.
                            - Time control function (set time with transition duration and ease function). Interpolation function for weather transition added.
                            - Presets can change scene lighting, it's dark when cloudy weather is selected.

Comment

Originally posted by omnomnomkoks View Post

I'm going to check this
                              Nevermind - I was able to update my project to 4.18.1 and bought your sky package. Looking forward to integrating it into my game!

Comment

Working...
                              X