Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
    I've updated older project (with multiplayer) to 4.22 and tested it - it works. Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zb...VCOv0yCimzEYPc

New demo project doesn't contain C++ code. You can easely update it to newer version of the engine in-place. The easiest way: open project folder in explorer, right mouse click at the VRIKBodyDemo_New.uproject file and select "Switch Unreal Engine version".
    Many Thanks! The older ones weren't working for me because I switched to Visual Studio 2017 and the older engines can't create the source with 2017. Anyway, I see it works and I was missing the logic in the PlayerState. I'm working on combining this with the VR expansion plugin, and this is the last thing I need to get working. Thank you.

Edit: Got it working with the VR Expansion plugin. No offsetting of location or anything. Works really well so far. Really appreciate you loading the template up, it was the last bit of help I needed. Cheers
    Last edited by Dogū; 05-11-2019, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dogū View Post
    I've been trying to get the multiplayer setup working with little luck. I used your multiplayer blueprints from earlier versions as reference (I'm using 4.22). Each player's skeletal meshes work fine in the their own headsets but the other players' skeletal meshes transport to (0,0,0) and the tracking doesn't seem to be working either (the arms are stretched out but don't move when the controllers are moved) . Is there a known fix for this? Or do you have a multiplayer tutorial somewhere? Thank you.

Oh and updating the template project to 4.22 or even 4.21 would be really helpful. Cheers
    I've updated older project (with multiplayer) to 4.22 and tested it - it works. Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zb...VCOv0yCimzEYPc

New demo project doesn't contain C++ code. You can easely update it to newer version of the engine in-place. The easiest way: open project folder in explorer, right mouse click at the VRIKBodyDemo_New.uproject file and select "Switch Unreal Engine version".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been trying to get the multiplayer setup working with little luck. I used your multiplayer blueprints from earlier versions as reference (I'm using 4.22). Each player's skeletal meshes work fine in the their own headsets but the other players' skeletal meshes transport to (0,0,0) and the tracking doesn't seem to be working either (the arms are stretched out but don't move when the controllers are moved) . Is there a known fix for this? Or do you have a multiplayer tutorial somewhere? Thank you.

Oh and updating the template project to 4.22 or even 4.21 would be really helpful. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rareden View Post

TY,
    Also, is it possible to allow bone physics to function while the skeletal mesh is controlled, for simulated bones set on the physics asset?
    Yes, just activate physics as usual.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Module Name (add to DependencyModuleNames in Build.cs):
    • VRIKBodyRuntime
    Headers:
    • VRIKFingersSolverSetup.h - setup data asset
    • VRIKFingersFKIKSolver.h - solver object
    TY,
    Also, is it possible to allow bone physics to function while the skeletal mesh is controlled, for simulated bones set on the physics asset?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by IvnTrnch View Post
    Hello, I want to buy your plugin, but i have several questions.
    If i want to make a multiplayer game with dedicated server and host it on Linux. Is it okay for your plugin? Does it support Linux?
    Unfortunately, it doesn't support Linux.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whats the include path needed for the creating a finger solver pose preset variable in my own c++ class?
    Module Name (add to DependencyModuleNames in Build.cs):
    • VRIKBodyRuntime
    Headers:
    • VRIKFingersSolverSetup.h - setup data asset
    • VRIKFingersFKIKSolver.h - solver object

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whats the include path needed for the creating a finger solver pose preset variable in my own c++ class?
    Last edited by Rareden; 04-30-2019, 05:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I want to buy your plugin, but i have several questions.
    If i want to make a multiplayer game with dedicated server and host it on Linux. Is it okay for your plugin? Does it support Linux?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been rather stuck on offsetting the hands correctly when holding a object, tried just shifting the hand bone the inverse of where the hand socket is in bone space which worked but obviously caused clipping into the forearm.
    i presume i need to use the offset in the effector location too, rather than offsetting it after the ik, but im having trouble getting my head around how to combine the transform of the object grip socket with the hand socket offset transform
    To attach object to hand, they usually adjsut position of this object and simply use two commands:
    Object->AttachToComponent(AvatarMesh, Name_Of_Hand_Bone)
    Object->SetRelativeTransform(Transform_To_Fit_In_Hand)

If you want to adjust position of the hand, don't add "Transform Bone" node. Instead, add this offset to "Position Right Hand" and use it within "Two Bone IK" node.
    There are few useful functions to operate transforms:
    * ComposeTransforms (A, B). Adds A to B (order matters). In your case, Compose Transforms (RAttachSocket, PositionRightHand).
    * ConvertTransformToRelative(...) - opposite operation. Note, names of parameters are confusing
    * InverseTransform - obvious. I'm not sure how it works in you project, so, msy be, you'd need to inverse RAttachSocket before composing it with PositionRightHand.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been rather stuck on offsetting the hands correctly when holding a object, tried just shifting the hand bone the inverse of where the hand socket is in bone space which worked but obviously caused clipping into the forearm.
    i presume i need to use the offset in the effector location too, rather than offsetting it after the ik, but im having trouble getting my head around how to combine the transform of the object grip socket with the hand socket offset transform
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rareden; 03-19-2019, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Meh, dont mind too much, you make great stuff and im happy to continue supporting.
    Question. With a head mesh separate for the skeleton, how do you get it to behave with controlled skeleton. mine just seem to hover separate from the skeleton
    Do you mean that head is just a second mesh of the same skeleton? You need to call "Set Master Pose Component" for it in the construction scrpit.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I'm really sorry.
    Meh, dont mind too much, you make great stuff and im happy to continue supporting.
    Question. With a head mesh separate for the skeleton, how do you get it to behave with controlled skeleton. mine just seem to hover separate from the skeleton

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mrob76u View Post
    Its it possible to add a feature to support the Vive tracker as an upper body or foot tracker (or both, should be configurable depending on how many tackers you have) like in your MoCap kit?
    I'm thinking about it, but don't plan to add it in a short time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    huh? so i just spent $50 on the hands plugin a day before you add to the vr ik body...
    I'm really sorry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X