Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Pinworm View Post
    I do have one last question. I converted the PlayerPawnNew to a character as I want to use a character as the base so I have movement collision (is there a better way?)

    This mostly works but it seems to get confused between the root of the Character and the root of the VR Camera. It seems one spot is getting one and another is getting the other. At least, the results indicate such..

    If i make the capsule have no height or width, so camera and actor are on same vector, works fine. If I increase the capsule size though, then the camera gets raised by the capsule raising you from the ground.

    If you raise the camera though in the character, or lower it, it messes with the IK a lot.

    I'll look and see if I can find where this is happening but it might take some editing.
    There is new multiplayer pawn in the updated demo project, it's a child of Character class. You can use it as an example.
    Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
    And random stuff at Youtube

    Comment


      #32
      Update 1.0.5 is live

      Plugin

      Bugfix: shoulders rotation
      Bugfix: unwanted torso rotations
      Bugfix: VRIKBody::ResetTorso()
      And more minor fixes.

      Project (4.18 only)

      Added: more locomotion options
      Added: artificial rotation (left trackpad)
      Added: new multiplayer pawn blueprint.

      Tutorial

      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

      Comment


        #33
        All of my pawns multiplayer pawns are teleported to 0.0.0 on first tick. How can i disable/enabled this plugin's functionality?

        Didn't get answer so I used a little workaround. I made changes to PlayerPawn class. Surrounded Tick method logic with another IF statement where I used boolean isVRIKEnabled == true. Also in multiplayer pawn tick method i added IsVRIKEnabled before logic.
        Last edited by FinalZer0; 12-07-2017, 06:19 AM.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by FinalZer0 View Post
          All of my pawns multiplayer pawns are teleported to 0.0.0 on first tick. How can i disable/enabled this plugin's functionality?

          Didn't get answer so I used a little workaround. I made changes to PlayerPawn class. Surrounded Tick method logic with another IF statement where I used boolean isVRIKEnabled == true. Also in multiplayer pawn tick method i added IsVRIKEnabled before logic.
          Multiplayer map wan't properly tested and can has some bugs, because I don't have a second headset right now, But replication in the plugin itself works.
          Demo Project contains two multiplayer pawns: BP_MultiplayerPawnNew and BP_MultiplayerPawn. If default pawn doesn't work, you can try to switch to another one.
          Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
          And random stuff at Youtube

          Comment


            #35
            Nice work! When using the Oculus Rift the avatar/model in the demo map feels about 10-20% too large and the wrist locations feel too far extended into the hands. What would be the easiest way to scale/change the skeleton to avatar mapping? If I get back around to this and have time I'll dig in more but thought you may have already worked around this.Thanks!

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by chriscls View Post
              Nice work! When using the Oculus Rift the avatar/model in the demo map feels about 10-20% too large and the wrist locations feel too far extended into the hands. What would be the easiest way to scale/change the skeleton to avatar mapping? If I get back around to this and have time I'll dig in more but thought you may have already worked around this.Thanks!
              1. Are you using 4.18 version? Proper scaling was added it this version only. For experiment you also can try to recalibrate you avatar for artificially smaller body. Write me if you see noticable scale change.
              2. Hands have default offset value for Vive Controllers. For Oculus Touch set VRIKBody::LeftPalmOffset and VRIKBody::RightPalmOffset transforms to zeros.
              Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
              And random stuff at Youtube

              Comment


                #37
                Hi! The plugin is awesome, nice work!! We are trying to use it with our own skeleton(the skeleton has the same bones as the default by Unreal) but when we calibrate it always stays on T Pose and rotates with our movement. We have followed your video tutorial and done all the steps to configure the pawn. We are using 4.17 versions of the engine. Can you tell us if we are missing ?

                I send captures of our setup.

                Thanks in advance.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Xperiencia View Post
                  Hi! The plugin is awesome, nice work!! We are trying to use it with our own skeleton(the skeleton has the same bones as the default by Unreal) but when we calibrate it always stays on T Pose and rotates with our movement. We have followed your video tutorial and done all the steps to configure the pawn. We are using 4.17 versions of the engine. Can you tell us if we are missing ?
                  Hi,
                  My first guess is that the problem's related to the fact theat you have motion controllers in an independent actors (i'm not sure, though). Try to change VRIKBody input mode to Direct VR input and use VRIKBody::ActivateInput instead of VRIKBody::Initialize. Could you also say if skeletal mesh follow player's rotation and location or just rotation after calibration?
                  Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                  Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                  And random stuff at Youtube

                  Comment


                    #39
                    We have tried also with the Input mode in Direct VR and using VRIKBody::ActivateInput and the result is the same. The Skeletal mesh follows rotation and location after the calibration

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Hmm, it must be something simple. Can you show your skeleton bones hierarchy and output log?
                      Last edited by YuriNK; 01-06-2018, 09:16 AM.
                      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                      And random stuff at Youtube

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I have a HTC Vive and am trying the demo, am just running the application that downloaded (I simply extracted zip to folder then ran the application)

                        However I cannot get the controllers to trigger the select for the menu. When I start the demo I see the 2 hands which move fine with the controllers (there is no grab, not sure if its supposed to work or not) but cannot select the singleplayer or multiplayer buttons no matter what I press on the controllers.
                        Last edited by Yummy-Vegetables; 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Yummy-Vegetables View Post
                          I have a HTC Vive and am trying the demo, am just running the application that downloaded (I simply extracted zip to folder then ran the application)

                          However I cannot get the controllers to trigger the select for the menu. When I start the demo I see the 2 hands which move fine with the controllers (there is no grab, not sure if its supposed to work or not) but cannot select the singleplayer or multiplayer buttons no matter what I press on the controllers.
                          Don't press a trigger, just touch the 'single player' button by any hand.
                          Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                          And random stuff at Youtube

                          Comment


                            #43
                            A demo project would be really handy to figure out the set up for this plugin? (minus the plugin itself, obviously).

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by majieric View Post
                              A demo project would be really handy to figure out the set up for this plugin? (minus the plugin itself, obviously).
                              UE 4.16 demo project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J-...fuEBrmYQYvvP22
                              UE 4.17 demo project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...HpmSmtwNWtkNGc
                              UE 4.18 demo project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yi...YbWpwsT21PrHPG
                              Tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncQQyvaYZ4
                              Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                              And random stuff at Youtube

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Wow. Great! Thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X