Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Is there a way to get everything to rotate? I can only manage to turn the camera and not the avatar nomatter what I apply rotation to. I want to turn the joystick and have everything turn so I can rotate.

    Comment


      #17
      Hello, usually you can rotate a whole actor. Doesn't it work?
      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Pinworm View Post
        Is there a way to get everything to rotate? I can only manage to turn the camera and not the avatar nomatter what I apply rotation to. I want to turn the joystick and have everything turn so I can rotate.
        Try to call VRIKBody::ResetTorso function after you rotate player character.
        Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
        And random stuff at Youtube

        Comment


          #19
          Hello, stupid question, but how would handle the shoulder length ? Actually, even in your demo, when you put any hand in the air, it makes your shoulders go backward, and won't really stick to your real motion controller.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

            Try to call VRIKBody::ResetTorso function after you rotate player character.
            This doesn't work, neither does any form of rotating any actor.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Pinworm View Post
              This doesn't work, neither does any form of rotating any actor.
              Hi,
              I'll dig the problem and post update early next week.
              Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
              And random stuff at Youtube

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by markmze View Post
                how would handle the shoulder length ? Actually, even in your demo, when you put any hand in the air, it makes your shoulders go backward, and won't really stick to your real motion controller.
                Try VRIKBody::LockShouldersRotation = true and/or VRIKBody::EnableTorsoTwist = false.
                Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                And random stuff at Youtube

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                  Try VRIKBody::LockShouldersRotation = true and/or VRIKBody::EnableTorsoTwist = false.
                  This works, but I also figured out that recalibrating helps.. If I delete the calibration save and do a new one, then add actor rotation works. Once I mess with a setting (like enable torso twisting), rotating will be disabled until I recalibrate again, even if I undo the changes to settings. (only the head and arms rotate, the body/torso is locked in rotation)

                  Anyway it basically works now, so thanks.

                  I do have one last issue to bother you with though.. In the character I am using, his waist is getting coiled (centers on one area in the center). Once I resolve this issue then it'll work 100% perfect

                  https://i.imgur.com/nHow37b.jpg

                  Is there anything I can do here to fix this?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Pinworm View Post
                    I do have one last issue to bother you with though.. In the character I am using, his waist is getting coiled (centers on one area in the center). Once I resolve this issue then it'll work 100% perfect

                    https://i.imgur.com/nHow37b.jpg

                    Is there anything I can do here to fix this?
                    1. Do you use 4.17 or 4.18 version? I thought bugs like this are fixed, but it's posible that 4.17 version wan't updated.
                    2. Can you show spine bones orienation of the skeleton (screenshot in skeletal mesh editor)?

                    About rotation: I'm just going to add it in the demo project.
                    Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                    And random stuff at Youtube

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                      1. Do you use 4.17 or 4.18 version? I thought bugs like this are fixed, but it's posible that 4.17 version wan't updated.
                      2. Can you show spine bones orienation of the skeleton (screenshot in skeletal mesh editor)?

                      About rotation: I'm just going to add it in the demo project.
                      1. I should be on 4.18 although I did start 4.17 and then update.. maybe I'll start fresh and see if the updates fix my issues.
                      2. Actually looks like this is the issue.. the spine_01 and spine_02 bones are for some reason set to -180 yaw to look proper. So the issue is the skeleton not your tool.

                      Is there an easy way I can fix that with your tool rather than contacting the artist to get the bones flipped? I guess I can rotate the bones manually in the animbp but might be inefficient.

                      Edit: adding a rotation to the bones in the animbp fixed this issue. I'll see if I can contact the artist to avoid this workaround. Thanks.

                      Thanks for the help btw. The tool is great
                      Last edited by Pinworm; 12-01-2017, 07:55 AM.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Pinworm View Post

                        1. I should be on 4.18 although I did start 4.17 and then update.. maybe I'll start fresh and see if the updates fix my issues.
                        2. Actually looks like this is the issue.. the spine_01 and spine_02 bones are for some reason set to -180 yaw to look proper. So the issue is the skeleton not your tool.

                        Is there an easy way I can fix that with your tool rather than contacting the artist to get the bones flipped? I guess I can rotate the bones manually in the animbp but might be inefficient.

                        Edit: adding a rotation to the bones in the animbp fixed this issue. I'll see if I can contact the artist to avoid this workaround. Thanks.

                        Thanks for the help btw. The tool is great
                        The plugin has to recoginze bones orientation. I'll dig it too.
                        Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                        And random stuff at Youtube

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                          Try VRIKBody::LockShouldersRotation = true and/or VRIKBody::EnableTorsoTwist = false.
                          Yeah, no, won't work. Just reduced physics body size for upper arms and torso in the mannequin. It's way better, not perfect !)
                          I think it's more about setting player VR camera as a root for everything else. Body should adapt more to it more than the other way. Especialy for shoulders
                          Last edited by markmze; 12-01-2017, 04:37 PM.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by markmze View Post
                            how would handle the shoulder length ? Actually, even in your demo, when you put any hand in the air, it makes your shoulders go backward, and won't really stick to your real motion controller.

                            I think it's more about setting player VR camera as a root for everything else. Body should adapt more to it more than the other way. Especialy for shoulders
                            I'm not sure if I fully understand what you mean. Can you make a screenshots or small video?

                            There are two functions affecting shoulders. First: each shoulder gets small (up to 30 degrees) offset in a direction of motion controller. Hand is moving forward --> shoulder is rotating forward. This function has bugs in the current release version. LockShouldersRotation=false can turn it off. Second: a whole ribcage (including shoulders) rotates when one of motion controllers is too far. The second algorithm can be turned off by EnableTorsoTwist flag. I also added some modifications, so it should work better in the next update (without wrong rotations when both controllers are close enough). I'm going to upload this update later this week.
                            Last edited by YuriNK; 12-04-2017, 03:13 PM.
                            Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                            Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                            And random stuff at Youtube

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Pinworm View Post

                              1. I should be on 4.18 although I did start 4.17 and then update.. maybe I'll start fresh and see if the updates fix my issues.
                              2. Actually looks like this is the issue.. the spine_01 and spine_02 bones are for some reason set to -180 yaw to look proper. So the issue is the skeleton not your tool.

                              Is there an easy way I can fix that with your tool rather than contacting the artist to get the bones flipped? I guess I can rotate the bones manually in the animbp but might be inefficient.

                              Edit: adding a rotation to the bones in the animbp fixed this issue. I'll see if I can contact the artist to avoid this workaround. Thanks.

                              Thanks for the help btw. The tool is great
                              1. Rotation. I fixed ResetTorso() function, it'll work as expected after the next update (later this week).


                              Rotation function:


                              2. Spine twist. I tried a few different skeletons and can't recreate this bug
                              Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                              And random stuff at Youtube

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

                                2. Spine twist. I tried a few different skeletons and can't recreate this bug
                                Don't worry about this issue, it seems to just be the skeletons I'm using. I fixed i with a tweak to the animbp and artist will fix for good. Thanks though!

                                I do have one last question. I converted the PlayerPawnNew to a character as I want to use a character as the base so I have movement collision (is there a better way?)

                                This mostly works but it seems to get confused between the root of the Character and the root of the VR Camera. It seems one spot is getting one and another is getting the other. At least, the results indicate such..

                                If i make the capsule have no height or width, so camera and actor are on same vector, works fine. If I increase the capsule size though, then the camera gets raised by the capsule raising you from the ground.

                                If you raise the camera though in the character, or lower it, it messes with the IK a lot.

                                I'll look and see if I can find where this is happening but it might take some editing.

                                Ideally if it wasn't too much trouble, you could duplicate PlayerPawnNew, set it's base class to a character, and then set the locomotion function to add movement input instead of move the actor. Then you'll be where I am. As you'll see if you reduce capsule scale to 0 half height and width, works ok, except the collision box is way too small (you will walk under tables and next to walls etc).

                                I'm sure there's a way to tweak this. Might even already exist. I just couldn't find the right spot to edit.

                                Thanks again for the help though it's appreciated.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X