VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi YuriNK
    We seem to be getting this crash on our character if we use "Hide Bone by Name" to hide the head bone of the mesh, it seems to occur if there is a delay proceeding it anywhere in the graph. Such as running it in begin play with a delay or on possessed in child characters or doing it with a button action at runtime.
    Not sure why this is a assertion failure since it says the array length is 95, but then saying its out of bounds.

Code:
    Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\UE4\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 614] Array index out of bounds: 95 from an array of size 95

UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_VRIKBodyRuntime!DispatchCheckVerify<void,<lambda_3ed84221848d3ae3b9a1dd274190938d> >() [d:\ue4\epic games\ue_4.23\engine\source\runtime\core\public\misc\assertionmacros.h:165]
    UE4Editor_VRIKBodyRuntime!FAnimNode_VRIKFingersSolver::Evaluate_AnyThread() [v:\helios\plugins\vrikbody\source\vrikbodyruntime\private\animnode_vrikfingerssolver.cpp:136]
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_AnimGraphRuntime
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    kernel32
    Last edited by Rareden; 01-04-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Greetings,

I have just purchased your Plugin and have got it setup, tracking hand and body movement well. Feels great. Easy to get started. Thanks.

I am trying to keep the feet planted. I want to bend the knees still, but I want the feet to remain in their initial location and not follow the pelvis location, just rotate and IK.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
        Hi YuriNK
        We seem to be getting this crash on our character if we use "Hide Bone by Name" to hide the head bone of the mesh, it seems to occur if there is a delay proceeding it anywhere in the graph. Such as running it in begin play with a delay or on possessed in child characters or doing it with a button action at runtime.
        Not sure why this is a assertion failure since it says the array length is 95, but then saying its out of bounds.
        Hi,
        I'll fix it in the next update.
        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
        And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyJ2020 View Post
          Greetings,

I am trying to keep the feet planted. I want to bend the knees still, but I want the feet to remain in their initial location and not follow the pelvis location, just rotate and IK.

Is there an easy way to do this?
          Try to uncheck ComputeLegsIK in settings of VRIKBody component.
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

Originally posted by YURINK
            Try to uncheck ComputeLegsIK in settings of VRIKBody component.
            Ya, I tried this. The legs don't animate at all and still follow the position of the pelvis.
            I kind of want the best of the both worlds, where IK is still computed, bending the knees and leaning the legs to follow the pelvis, but keeping the feet in the same location they started.
            I tried grabbing the Transform of the Feet upon Initialization and storing that into a variable which I fed into Transform (Modify) Bone, but that just broke the feet off and the legs kept animating as usual.
            I wonder if there's a way to grab the Pose Information to grab the Thigh bones' position relative to the Pelvis, but have the Calf bones adjust too stay attached to the original Feet Transforms? Perhaps if I combined that with your Blend Legs to VR Body node? Not sure what else to try.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyJ2020 View Post

Ya, I tried this. The legs don't animate at all and still follow the position of the pelvis.
              I kind of want the best of the both worlds, where IK is still computed, bending the knees and leaning the legs to follow the pelvis, but keeping the feet in the same location they started.
              Hi,
              I'm pllanning update in a few days and will add this feature.

But you can do it manually in animation blueprint, of course, using TwoBoneIK and line tracing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
                Hi YuriNK
                Hi,

Bug fix isn't ready yet. For now, you can use a workaround. Instead of "Hide Bone by Name" you can hide head by applying zero scale in animation blueprint in "Transform (Modify) Bone" node.

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK
                  Hi,
                  I'm pllanning update in a few days and will add this feature.

But you can do it manually in animation blueprint, of course, using TwoBoneIK and line tracing.
                  Heyo,

I see the Plugin was updated. Were you able to add the feature to keep the feet planted and stationary? If so, how do I implement it?
                  Been trying to get that manual line trace with two-bone IK to work, but can't seem to wrench control of the Pelvis from VR IK Body.
                  Thanks for looking into this. Will be a big help.

Comment

Working...
                  X