Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
    1. Do you use 4.17 or 4.18 version? I thought bugs like this are fixed, but it's posible that 4.17 version wan't updated.
    2. Can you show spine bones orienation of the skeleton (screenshot in skeletal mesh editor)?

About rotation: I'm just going to add it in the demo project.
    1. I should be on 4.18 although I did start 4.17 and then update.. maybe I'll start fresh and see if the updates fix my issues.
    2. Actually looks like this is the issue.. the spine_01 and spine_02 bones are for some reason set to -180 yaw to look proper. So the issue is the skeleton not your tool.

Is there an easy way I can fix that with your tool rather than contacting the artist to get the bones flipped? I guess I can rotate the bones manually in the animbp but might be inefficient.

Edit: adding a rotation to the bones in the animbp fixed this issue. I'll see if I can contact the artist to avoid this workaround. Thanks.

Thanks for the help btw. The tool is great
    Last edited by Pinworm; 12-01-2017, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pinworm View Post
    I do have one last issue to bother you with though.. In the character I am using, his waist is getting coiled (centers on one area in the center). Once I resolve this issue then it'll work 100% perfect

https://i.imgur.com/nHow37b.jpg

Is there anything I can do here to fix this?
    1. Do you use 4.17 or 4.18 version? I thought bugs like this are fixed, but it's posible that 4.17 version wan't updated.
    2. Can you show spine bones orienation of the skeleton (screenshot in skeletal mesh editor)?

About rotation: I'm just going to add it in the demo project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try VRIKBody::LockShouldersRotation = true and/or VRIKBody::EnableTorsoTwist = false.
    This works, but I also figured out that recalibrating helps.. If I delete the calibration save and do a new one, then add actor rotation works. Once I mess with a setting (like enable torso twisting), rotating will be disabled until I recalibrate again, even if I undo the changes to settings. (only the head and arms rotate, the body/torso is locked in rotation)

Anyway it basically works now, so thanks.

I do have one last issue to bother you with though.. In the character I am using, his waist is getting coiled (centers on one area in the center). Once I resolve this issue then it'll work 100% perfect

https://i.imgur.com/nHow37b.jpg

Is there anything I can do here to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by markmze View Post
    how would handle the shoulder length ? Actually, even in your demo, when you put any hand in the air, it makes your shoulders go backward, and won't really stick to your real motion controller.
    Try VRIKBody::LockShouldersRotation = true and/or VRIKBody::EnableTorsoTwist = false.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This doesn't work, neither does any form of rotating any actor.
    Hi,
    I'll dig the problem and post update early next week.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Try to call VRIKBody::ResetTorso function after you rotate player character.
    This doesn't work, neither does any form of rotating any actor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, stupid question, but how would handle the shoulder length ? Actually, even in your demo, when you put any hand in the air, it makes your shoulders go backward, and won't really stick to your real motion controller.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to get everything to rotate? I can only manage to turn the camera and not the avatar nomatter what I apply rotation to. I want to turn the joystick and have everything turn so I can rotate.
    Try to call VRIKBody::ResetTorso function after you rotate player character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, usually you can rotate a whole actor. Doesn't it work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to get everything to rotate? I can only manage to turn the camera and not the avatar nomatter what I apply rotation to. I want to turn the joystick and have everything turn so I can rotate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just found it via level blueprint casting to playerpawnnew ! thanks !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by markmze View Post
    Hello YuriNK,
    sorry but in your 4.18 demo map, there's a few things I don't understand. Where are the VR IK BODY and VR IK Skeletal Mesh Translator ? All I see is the BP_Avatar, not having any of these, but working fine. I must be missing something for sure, actually I'd just like to be able to edit the floor/col on your demo project to fit a landscape... and I'm getting a bit dizzy and lost. Thanks for your time, regards
    They're in the player's pawn blueprint BP_PlayerPawnNew (see game mode blueprint BP_GameModeSP). BP_Avatar is just external an container for the skeletal mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello YuriNK,
    sorry but in your 4.18 demo map, there's a few things I don't understand. Where are the VR IK BODY and VR IK Skeletal Mesh Translator ? All I see is the BP_Avatar, not having any of these, but working fine. I must be missing something for sure, actually I'd just like to be able to edit the floor/col on your demo project to fit a landscape... and I'm getting a bit dizzy and lost. Thanks for your time, regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, sorry, I already forgot it. Wrong bone names cause crash in 1.0.4. Fix will be added in the next update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know plugin-specific problems with it.
    1 Do you use 4.17 or 4.18? In 4.17 you need to remove actual player pawn from the scene and set up game mode.
    2 Can you show the log and say what else you changed?
    3 Try to turn off anim blueprint at all (select anim sequence instead).
    1. I use 4.18
    2. I attached log, didn't see anything of note in it though
    3. Turning off the anim blueprint doesn't fix the crash, so something else must be causing it. The crash crashes the engine as well.

Here is exactly what I am doing

>Start new project with the plugin on, and on the example/demo map
    >Add Synty Studios "Polygon Knights" series
    >Make Child Blueprint of BP_Avatar called BP_Avatar_Knight
    >Retarget AnimBP to the knight, set it up in BP_Avatar_Knight
    >Replace BP_Avatar in the level with BP_Avatar_Knight and replace the refence in the level blueprint
    >This causes an editor crash after a half second

Edit: I've narrowed down the crash to the "initialize Components Input" section of the BP_PlayerPawnNew. Specifically the "initialize" call on the translator. Maybe my skeleton isn't set up right?

I managed to fix the crash by changing the bone names in the translator component to the proper ones, since the skeleton has different names. I also had to use the old locomotion pawn though. The PawnNew crashes the editor at the initialize section on the translator, even with the bone names correct. Will see if I can still fix that since I'd like to use that new pawn.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pinworm; 11-12-2017, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X