VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,YuriNK:

I used your VRIKBody plugin in custom tracking system, not in steamvr envrionment.
    I want to know how can I get the hand offset.

I used it in your template project, the pelvis bend in wrong direction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1682647
    or

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1682648

Thx.

Comment

v-seeker
      For other tracking system then supported by default in UE4,
      1. VRIKBody::VRInputOption = Input From Components
      2. call VRIKBody::Initialize (instead of "Activate Input") with references to three Scene Components (one - head, two - hands) in BeginPlay

To adjust positions of wrists, modify
      • VRIKBody::RightPalmOffset / LeftPalmOffset ("Setup" rollout).
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Hey, a quick question. I don't know if its plugin related problem but whenever I move with my character it scales up for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanreus View Post
          Hey, a quick question. I don't know if its plugin related problem but whenever I move with my character it scales up for some reason.
          Not sure.

1) is something modified in animation blueprint?
          2) do you use original or retargetetd animations?
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

Hello YuriNK, Is there any way to rotate the character via motion controller input? Right now the only way to rotate the character is to rotate my head.
            Thanks,
            Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Syed1074 View Post
              Hello YuriNK, Is there any way to rotate the character via motion controller input? Right now the only way to rotate the character is to rotate my head.
              Thanks,
              Regards.
              Rotate a whole actor or parent component of camera/controllers (when using input from components).

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                Rotate a whole actor or parent component of camera/controllers (when using input from components).
                I tried that but it seems like the headset is preventing the character to rotate. The parent is rotating and the character also tries to rotate for just a second and then back to its first position. If I press rotate right and rotate left event rapidly I can see the character is vibrating

Comment

I tried that but it seems like the headset is preventing the character to rotate. The parent is rotating and the character also tries to rotate for just a second and then back to its first position. If I press rotate right and rotate left event rapidly I can see the character is vibrating
                  Nevermind, I fixed it but I noticed that when I move my character is getting bigger and when I stop moving it become smaller again.

Comment

Hi Yuri,

Huge fan of your plugins. Using both your VR IK Body Solver as well as your Text to Lip Sync.

Just have a question in regards to the body solver. Is there a way to limit rotation of the elbows from rotating into the body of the player.

At the moment we have gotten it to work without a lowerarm twist and am wondering if limited the rotation is possible.

In addition, what would you recommend for adjusting the chest position to be further back as well as having the IK input be limited to a certain angle of the headset rotation (this is because when you look straight down the Body starts to glitch out and snap forward awkwardly).

Thanks for taking the time. Looking forward to your response.

Comment

When I move my character is getting bigger and when I stop moving it become smaller again.
                      It happens because of blending between walking blend space and captured pose. I can't test it right now without headset, but it seems that anim blueprint from new demo project should work correctly (it looks like this: https://sun9-52.userapi.com/c857636/...yXwxtRYX9A.jpg). If you already use it, try to add idle pose in the center of walking blend space and remove switching between Pose Snapshot and blended pose: https://sun9-18.userapi.com/c858532/...ysZNexSojo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by thetinger View Post
                        Hi Yuri,

Huge fan of your plugins. Using both your VR IK Body Solver as well as your Text to Lip Sync.

Just have a question in regards to the body solver. Is there a way to limit rotation of the elbows from rotating into the body of the player.

At the moment we have gotten it to work without a lowerarm twist and am wondering if limited the rotation is possible.
                        I know about this problem and investigate it but have no solution yet. I believe, best approach is to apply physics with constraints 'above' animation, but don't know how to do that.

Also, there is a parameter called ElbowSinkFactor in VRIKBody component ("Body Params" rollout). You can decrease it (even below zero) to adjust elbows prediction algorithm.

Originally posted by thetinger View Post
                        Hi Yuri,
                        In addition, what would you recommend for adjusting the chest position to be further back as well as having the IK input be limited to a certain angle of the headset rotation (this is because when you look straight down the Body starts to glitch out and snap forward awkwardly).
                        I'm not sure, but try to disable torso ik (VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator:isableFlexibleTorso), when player is looking down (Dot Product (Camera->GetForwardVector & Vector(0, 0, -1) is close to 1).

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                          I know about this problem and investigate it but have no solution yet. I believe, best approach is to apply physics with constraints 'above' animation, but don't know how to do that.

Also, there is a parameter called ElbowSinkFactor in VRIKBody component ("Body Params" rollout). You can decrease it (even below zero) to adjust elbows prediction algorithm.

I'm not sure, but try to disable torso ik (VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator:isableFlexibleTorso), when player is looking down (Dot Product (Camera->GetForwardVector & Vector(0, 0, -1) is close to 1).
                          Thanks Yuri for the response!

Will give this a try and get back to you.

Comment

Thank you for plugin, been working with for months. Main issue as of late is skeleton is spazzing as result of pawn speed / velocity. My character flies and moves pretty fast and past a certain point it makes the skeleton flicker on and off. Another example is if I fly high enough and then cut my jets. As the pawn is falling the legs glitch up into the air above the players head and don't catch up until pawn hits ground. Or if I boost in any direction with too much velocity the IK skeleton lags behind the pawn.

I like the effect of the motion on the IK skeleton and it seems to be either inside Update Skeleton or the Get Last Pose function. How would I ( preferably extremely dampen ) or completely remove this effect? Supposed to be launching game EA in 30 days and this is holding me up.

Thanks for everything.

Comment

Hi Yuri - Thank you for sharing this plugin with the community!

I wanted to ask if the VRIK Body plugin is compatible to your knowledge with the latest SteamVR input plugin - 1.8 - sdk 1.8.19?

When I attach the SteamVR plugin to an unedited version of the VRIK body (4.23 project template from unreal marketplace page), the arms drop to the side and the motion controllers are unresponsive (VR Preview mode) - although they are tracking and registered by SteamVR out of game. When you remove the SteamVR plugin from the project, everything works as normal.

I appreciate your guidance if this is something you have seen before - or I apologize if I have missed an obvious step in the process to link these together!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogueknight View Post
                                Hi Yuri - Thank you for sharing this plugin with the community!

I wanted to ask if the VRIK Body plugin is compatible to your knowledge with the latest SteamVR input plugin - 1.8 - sdk 1.8.19?

When I attach the SteamVR plugin to an unedited version of the VRIK body (4.23 project template from unreal marketplace page), the arms drop to the side and the motion controllers are unresponsive (VR Preview mode) - although they are tracking and registered by SteamVR out of game. When you remove the SteamVR plugin from the project, everything works as normal.
                                a. Invalid actions manifest can break tracking of controllers. Make sure that actions manifest and binding files ([project's folder]/Config/SteamVRBindings) are valid in your project. Try to add some input actions and regenerate both manufest and bindings.

You also can create new project based on VR template, enable Valve SteamVR Input plugin and check if it works.

Note that raw VR actions like "Motion Controller (R) Trigger" don't work with SteamVR Input plugin. You need to create custom actions for all of them in Project Settings -> Input and then replace input events in BP_PlayerPawn or BP_PlayerCharacter.

b. If you used Diriect VR Input, try to switch to input from components (input from components is default in my demo prpoject VRIKBodyDemo_New).
                                * in VRIKBody settings set "VR Input Option" = "Input from Components".
                                * in BeginPlay event instead of VRIKBody::ActivateInput use VRIKBody::Initialize.

Comment

Working...
                                X