Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi,YuriNK:

    I used your VRIKBody plugin in custom tracking system, not in steamvr envrionment.
    I want to know how can I get the hand offset.

    I used it in your template project, the pelvis bend in wrong direction.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1682647
    or

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1682648

    Thx.

    Comment


      v-seeker
      For other tracking system then supported by default in UE4,
      1. VRIKBody::VRInputOption = Input From Components
      2. call VRIKBody::Initialize (instead of "Activate Input") with references to three Scene Components (one - head, two - hands) in BeginPlay

      To adjust positions of wrists, modify
      • VRIKBody::RightPalmOffset / LeftPalmOffset ("Setup" rollout).
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

      Comment


        Hey, a quick question. I don't know if its plugin related problem but whenever I move with my character it scales up for some reason.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Vanreus View Post
          Hey, a quick question. I don't know if its plugin related problem but whenever I move with my character it scales up for some reason.
          Not sure.

          1) is something modified in animation blueprint?
          2) do you use original or retargetetd animations?
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
          And random stuff at Youtube

          Comment


            Hello YuriNK, Is there any way to rotate the character via motion controller input? Right now the only way to rotate the character is to rotate my head.
            Thanks,
            Regards.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Syed1074 View Post
              Hello YuriNK, Is there any way to rotate the character via motion controller input? Right now the only way to rotate the character is to rotate my head.
              Thanks,
              Regards.
              Rotate a whole actor or parent component of camera/controllers (when using input from components).
              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
              And random stuff at Youtube

              Comment


                Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                Rotate a whole actor or parent component of camera/controllers (when using input from components).
                I tried that but it seems like the headset is preventing the character to rotate. The parent is rotating and the character also tries to rotate for just a second and then back to its first position. If I press rotate right and rotate left event rapidly I can see the character is vibrating

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Syed1074 View Post

                  I tried that but it seems like the headset is preventing the character to rotate. The parent is rotating and the character also tries to rotate for just a second and then back to its first position. If I press rotate right and rotate left event rapidly I can see the character is vibrating
                  Nevermind, I fixed it but I noticed that when I move my character is getting bigger and when I stop moving it become smaller again.

                  Comment


                    Hi Yuri,

                    Huge fan of your plugins. Using both your VR IK Body Solver as well as your Text to Lip Sync.

                    Just have a question in regards to the body solver. Is there a way to limit rotation of the elbows from rotating into the body of the player.

                    At the moment we have gotten it to work without a lowerarm twist and am wondering if limited the rotation is possible.

                    In addition, what would you recommend for adjusting the chest position to be further back as well as having the IK input be limited to a certain angle of the headset rotation (this is because when you look straight down the Body starts to glitch out and snap forward awkwardly).

                    Thanks for taking the time. Looking forward to your response.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Syed1074 View Post
                      When I move my character is getting bigger and when I stop moving it become smaller again.
                      It happens because of blending between walking blend space and captured pose. I can't test it right now without headset, but it seems that anim blueprint from new demo project should work correctly (it looks like this: https://sun9-52.userapi.com/c857636/...yXwxtRYX9A.jpg). If you already use it, try to add idle pose in the center of walking blend space and remove switching between Pose Snapshot and blended pose: https://sun9-18.userapi.com/c858532/...ysZNexSojo.jpg
                      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                      And random stuff at Youtube

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by thetinger View Post
                        Hi Yuri,

                        Huge fan of your plugins. Using both your VR IK Body Solver as well as your Text to Lip Sync.

                        Just have a question in regards to the body solver. Is there a way to limit rotation of the elbows from rotating into the body of the player.

                        At the moment we have gotten it to work without a lowerarm twist and am wondering if limited the rotation is possible.
                        I know about this problem and investigate it but have no solution yet. I believe, best approach is to apply physics with constraints 'above' animation, but don't know how to do that.

                        Also, there is a parameter called ElbowSinkFactor in VRIKBody component ("Body Params" rollout). You can decrease it (even below zero) to adjust elbows prediction algorithm.

                        Originally posted by thetinger View Post
                        Hi Yuri,
                        In addition, what would you recommend for adjusting the chest position to be further back as well as having the IK input be limited to a certain angle of the headset rotation (this is because when you look straight down the Body starts to glitch out and snap forward awkwardly).
                        I'm not sure, but try to disable torso ik (VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator:isableFlexibleTorso), when player is looking down (Dot Product (Camera->GetForwardVector & Vector(0, 0, -1) is close to 1).
                        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                        And random stuff at Youtube

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X