VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
    Whats the include path needed for the creating a finger solver pose preset variable in my own c++ class?
    Module Name (add to DependencyModuleNames in Build.cs):
    • VRIKBodyRuntime
    Headers:
    • VRIKFingersSolverSetup.h - setup data asset
    • VRIKFingersFKIKSolver.h - solver object
    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
    And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by IvnTrnch View Post
      Hello, I want to buy your plugin, but i have several questions.
      If i want to make a multiplayer game with dedicated server and host it on Linux. Is it okay for your plugin? Does it support Linux?
      Unfortunately, it doesn't support Linux.
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

Module Name (add to DependencyModuleNames in Build.cs):
        • VRIKBodyRuntime
        Headers:
        • VRIKFingersSolverSetup.h - setup data asset
        • VRIKFingersFKIKSolver.h - solver object
        TY,
        Also, is it possible to allow bone physics to function while the skeletal mesh is controlled, for simulated bones set on the physics asset?

Comment

TY,
          Also, is it possible to allow bone physics to function while the skeletal mesh is controlled, for simulated bones set on the physics asset?
          Yes, just activate physics as usual.

Comment

I've been trying to get the multiplayer setup working with little luck. I used your multiplayer blueprints from earlier versions as reference (I'm using 4.22). Each player's skeletal meshes work fine in the their own headsets but the other players' skeletal meshes transport to (0,0,0) and the tracking doesn't seem to be working either (the arms are stretched out but don't move when the controllers are moved) . Is there a known fix for this? Or do you have a multiplayer tutorial somewhere? Thank you.

Oh and updating the template project to 4.22 or even 4.21 would be really helpful. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dogū View Post
              I've been trying to get the multiplayer setup working with little luck. I used your multiplayer blueprints from earlier versions as reference (I'm using 4.22). Each player's skeletal meshes work fine in the their own headsets but the other players' skeletal meshes transport to (0,0,0) and the tracking doesn't seem to be working either (the arms are stretched out but don't move when the controllers are moved) . Is there a known fix for this? Or do you have a multiplayer tutorial somewhere? Thank you.

Oh and updating the template project to 4.22 or even 4.21 would be really helpful. Cheers
              I've updated older project (with multiplayer) to 4.22 and tested it - it works. Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zb...VCOv0yCimzEYPc

New demo project doesn't contain C++ code. You can easely update it to newer version of the engine in-place. The easiest way: open project folder in explorer, right mouse click at the VRIKBodyDemo_New.uproject file and select "Switch Unreal Engine version".

Comment

I've updated older project (with multiplayer) to 4.22 and tested it - it works. Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zb...VCOv0yCimzEYPc

New demo project doesn't contain C++ code. You can easely update it to newer version of the engine in-place. The easiest way: open project folder in explorer, right mouse click at the VRIKBodyDemo_New.uproject file and select "Switch Unreal Engine version".
                Many Thanks! The older ones weren't working for me because I switched to Visual Studio 2017 and the older engines can't create the source with 2017. Anyway, I see it works and I was missing the logic in the PlayerState. I'm working on combining this with the VR expansion plugin, and this is the last thing I need to get working. Thank you.

Edit: Got it working with the VR Expansion plugin. No offsetting of location or anything. Works really well so far. Really appreciate you loading the template up, it was the last bit of help I needed. Cheers
                Last edited by Dogū; 05-11-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

How important is the calibration? My use case is a VR MMORPG. There are many hero meshes and obviously I cant calibrate every mesh to every player.

Comment

Originally posted by FurrieBunnie View Post
                    How important is the calibration? My use case is a VR MMORPG. There are many hero meshes and obviously I cant calibrate every mesh to every player.
                    It's important. You can force the plugin to use default values without calibration (only height would be calibrated automatically), but result wouldn't be satisfying.

But: the idea of calibration is to measure player's height, arms length etc. It's not about used mesh. So player should do it only once at start, and you can save calibration in file.

Comment

You've been so much help, I'm sorry to ask one more question.
                      When I load a saved calibrated body, the mesh is always larger than what was saved. It works fine when I set Rescale Mesh to OFF, but then I lose that functionality when calibrating the original person. I guess what I'm asking is when you do an update if you can let us set rescale mesh to off during runtime in blueprints. That way I can switch rescale mesh to off if a calibratited body save is detected.
                      Unless, I'm missing something..

Comment

Originally posted by Dogū View Post
                        You've been so much help, I'm sorry to ask one more question.
                        When I load a saved calibrated body, the mesh is always larger than what was saved. It works fine when I set Rescale Mesh to OFF, but then I lose that functionality when calibrating the original person. I guess what I'm asking is when you do an update if you can let us set rescale mesh to off during runtime in blueprints. That way I can switch rescale mesh to off if a calibratited body save is detected.
                        Unless, I'm missing something..
                        Hi,

I'll take a look at this issue.

Comment

Presales question: Does the real thing work better than the demo? I fired up your executable demo to test it out on my oculus rift and it was kind of underwhelming. Not only was it impossible to get the hands to line up properly (which threw off the whole arm calculation making it look terrible), turning in the avatar was also very poor. When you faced the direction you started in, it seemed fine, but if you turned to look another direction the body started moving oddly, like maybe it couldn't determine if you were turning just your head or your whole body. I also notice that based on that demo there isn't much solving done for picking things up while bent over. Like a lot of other IK systems even if you're HMD is facing the ground it gives you this straight up and down crouch and your hands just go between your legs rather than bending over properly.

Comment

Is there any documentation on the VR_IKKnuckle?
                            i see you added knuckles into the vr finger solver plugin but im not seeing the additional option on the vr body solver, unless the variable above is that option.

Originally posted by crossmr View Post
                            Presales question: Does the real thing work better than the demo? I fired up your executable demo to test it out on my oculus rift and it was kind of underwhelming. Not only was it impossible to get the hands to line up properly (which threw off the whole arm calculation making it look terrible), turning in the avatar was also very poor. When you faced the direction you started in, it seemed fine, but if you turned to look another direction the body started moving oddly, like maybe it couldn't determine if you were turning just your head or your whole body. I also notice that based on that demo there isn't much solving done for picking things up while bent over. Like a lot of other IK systems even if you're HMD is facing the ground it gives you this straight up and down crouch and your hands just go between your legs rather than bending over properly.
                            A note from a buyer.
                            The controller offsets for oculus and vive are drastically different, you can adjust them in the plugin simply enough.( if you end up getting it i can share the offsets i determined to be decent)
                            For crouching and such i use crouch blend spaces which mitigate the straight down crouch issue. granted there are some issues i keep meaning to ask YuriNK about like knees bending backwards sometimes, but its probably a issue with how ive got it setup.
                            In my opinion its a good basis, but as hes said its more for 3rd person representation, requires some modifications for a complete 1st person body
                            Last edited by Rareden; 06-13-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Is there any documentation on the VR_IKKnuckle?
                              i see you added knuckles into the vr finger solver plugin but im not seeing the additional option on the vr body solver, unless the variable above is that option.
                              Documentation for finger solver is here (since the page 10).

I didn't add setup for fingers in the demo project for this plugin yet, but here are screenshots from my new ViveMocapKit demo project. Everything works the same way in this plugin.

[Setup assets to describe fingers (Add New -> Misc -> Data Asset -> VRIKFingerSolverSetup)]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...aBQvMigrP0.jpg
                              [Animation blueprint. Event Graph]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...OdJCSj7zZw.jpg
                              [Animation blueprint. Event Graph. Initialize Solvers]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...siWvRvWWiw.jpg
                              [Animation blueprint. Event Graph. Update Fingers from SteamVR]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...4MPQV5siQ4.jpg
                              [Animation blueprint. Anim Graph]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...V9Q2661fKM.jpg

Comment

Documentation for finger solver is here (since the page 10).

I didn't add setup for fingers in the demo project for this plugin yet, but here are screenshots from my new ViveMocapKit demo project. Everything works the same way in this plugin.

[Setup assets to describe fingers (Add New -> Misc -> Data Asset -> VRIKFingerSolverSetup)]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...aBQvMigrP0.jpg
                                [Animation blueprint. Event Graph]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...OdJCSj7zZw.jpg
                                [Animation blueprint. Event Graph. Initialize Solvers]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...siWvRvWWiw.jpg
                                [Animation blueprint. Event Graph. Update Fingers from SteamVR]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...4MPQV5siQ4.jpg
                                [Animation blueprint. Anim Graph]: https://pp.userapi.com/c848524/v8485...V9Q2661fKM.jpg
                                Ive noticed there are situations where the pelvis wont correct to the head direction such as being crouched, your able to turn fully around with your arms backwards and looking through your body.
                                Is there anything for enforcing a re correction or are you able to point me in the right direction in the source code for setting up my own correction?

Comment

Working...
                                X