VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Iam getting a lot of errors in the log when I play or when I package the game, they repeat endlessly until they arms are configured. Any idea where they might be coming from, I assume a Tick event?

LogVRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator: Error: [GetLastPose]: Component isn't ready.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VWAStudio View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering if there will be a version of the plugin that is compatible with Unreal Engine 4.19
    In a few days after the official release of 4.19. It's ready, but I'll need to rebuild it for non-preview version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I was wondering if there will be a version of the plugin that is compatible with Unreal Engine 4.19

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1.0.7 Update info

New parameters:
    (float) VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator::ScaleMultiplierHorizontal (mesh height multiplier)
    (float) VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator::ScaleMultiplierVertical (mesh width multiplier)

Both require VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator::RescaleMesh = true

Leave a comment:

• replied
    太棒了,感谢。我们正在尝试。

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New documentation: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n7...HHJ24gpE7IHb78

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Major Mints View Post

docs folder isn't appearing in location specified, is this documentation up to date?
    Sorry,
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iY...-cxi3U6yQHU9kL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

Program Files/Epic Games/[eigine version]/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/VRIKBody/Docs or here
    docs folder isn't appearing in location specified, is this documentation up to date?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yummy-Vegetables, try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJsuo3niOTQ

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't seem to be able to find the node Set Pose Snapshot Structure? I also tried toggling context as well and dragging off the Mesh Pose var and the Make Pose Snapshot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yummy-Vegetables View Post
    Thanks for the update last week. I have another smaller issue which I hope you can help with. The character's feet are below the floor and not visible, this means the arms and hands about 15-20 cm below the controller height. Is there a setting I can use to raise the character mesh a little? I tried toggling the Use Actor Location as Floor bool. Thanks.
    Your skeletal mesh has root bone above the surface, so it looks like root bone translation scaling bug. Try this temporary solution:
    https://pp.userapi.com/c840726/v8407...RDFFdVgMh4.jpg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MariuszWaclawek View Post
    I can't figure out yet why our character is wider and more flat than it should be, hands look quite flat. It's as if it was scaled up in width and scaled down in height.
    It's possible that I misunderstood you before. If default skeletal mesh is ok and your mesh scale looks wrong, it could be a bug. Can you make a screenshot or - it always helps - send me the mesh itself (ykasczc@gmail.com)?

On the other hand, I've been trying to add the BlendSpace for the walk/strafe animations.
    There is another problem. Pelvis is a parent bone for both spine and legs. When you apply legs animation by 'Layered blend per bone' to pelvis, it overrides pelvis position generated by plugin.

In my demo project I apply strafe animation only to thigh bones. See ABP_VRIKAvatar's anim graph. This approach has a problem too: as legs animation rely on pelvis, pelvis bone removed from the animation partially breaks it.
    https://pp.userapi.com/c841027/v8410...Wbr3D0IjAY.jpg

Another approach is to apply strafe animaiton to pelvis and legs and use PoseSnapshot since first spine bone after pelvis. It gives another problem: as strafe animation change both rotation and location of pelvis bone, it affects whole torso position and adds some error to head and hands locations (although you can fix hands with TwoBoneIK node). Note that if you use strafe animation as a base and add PoseSnapshot above, your strafe animation overrides root bone position. And if you use a mesh without separate root bone before pelvis (like Mixamo), it could give more errors I never faced.

I suggest to use the first approach. If you have an idea how to improve it and get clear blending, please let me know. I'll try to implement it in the plugin.

I think the plugin should provide more variables/bools with different states.
    What flags would you want?
    Last edited by YuriNK; 01-16-2018, 04:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update last week. I have another smaller issue which I hope you can help with. The character's feet are below the floor and not visible Is there a setting I can use to raise the character mesh a little? I tried toggling the Use Actor Location as Floor bool. Thanks.
    Last edited by Yummy-Vegetables; 01-16-2018, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
    Transforms are calculated in World Space if InputFromComponents is true or FollowPawnTransform is true.

it simply takes a vertical distance from hmd to the ground and adds some fixed static offset. I'm planning to take out scale coefficient to the component's settings, so you'll be able to adjust it as you want.
    I can't figure out yet why our character is wider and more flat than it should be, hands look quite flat. It's as if it was scaled up in width and scaled down in height.

On the other hand, I've been trying to add the BlendSpace for the walk/strafe animations. I am not sure what kind of node I should use for blending BlendSpace with the Snapshot. I tried to blend using "Layered blend per bone" but it is not giving the results we want. Sure when not moving we want to use the Snapshot data and when moving we want the BlendSpace animations but we also need movement, rotation, and turning mechanisms. I tried playing with Root Motion for that reason and noticed that if Root Motion is disabled in VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator then the lower body is not affected at all by the plugin. When I enabled Root Motion the character was again moving and rotating but it was off by 90 degrees to the right and it was rotating all the time with camera, it's only supposed to rotate after exceeding some angle to allow torso twist and some angle of freedom for looking around without unnecessary character rotations.
    Also we can't just use IsMoving for blending between BlendSpace animation and Shapshot data because then we loose the Leaning mechanism which we like. I suppose leaning happens when we are moving in a limited radius and when that radius is crossed it will trigger feet adjustment/walking but we need to know when it happens if we are going to trigger animation in that moment.
    Another thing that one might want is "turn animations" while turning but then again how do we blend and when do we trigger them.
    I think the plugin should provide more variables/bools with different states. Maybe I am just trying to approach this problem in a wrong way...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes checked and I have made the correct changes. I emailed you the FBX.

Sorry about poor quality image, ignore the hands (they are fine), after making the latest suggestion it appears as though the character is squatting/crouching down which is an improvement.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X