Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey Yuri,
    I notice that on the video tutorial you're using the VR Template, so that all the motion controller stuff is already done, but can I use the plugin with a custom template, where the main difference will be that I'll be using Vive Trackers?
    I'm planning to use VR gloves, so I guess that also the calibration can be done by using delays on event begin play?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JLBXB3 View Post
    This doesn't work for me. I have tried everything. Can we please get a sample project? Video tutorial didn't help. Nothing moves.

Edit: The calibration functions don't work. I am able to force the default setting, but the IK is terrible that way. Can we get some insight way calibration always fails?
    Have you tried this project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K8...hvR3QsSxO95v-A? It's very close to the video tutorial/

Originally posted by JLBXB3 View Post
    Can we get some insight way calibration always fails?
    Calibration requires two steps. First step: hands to left and right, trigger press. Seconds step: both hands down along body, trigger press.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This doesn't work for me. I have tried everything. Can we please get a sample project? Video tutorial didn't help. Nothing moves.

Edit: The calibration functions don't work. I am able to force the default setting, but the IK is terrible that way. Can we get some insight way calibration always fails?
    Last edited by JLBXB3; 06-07-2018, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Howdy, YuriNK,
    I'm having a calibration issue. I followed your tutorial exactly, multiple times, using the default mannequin (besides the extra step to attach the head since the mannequin's head is attached). I've double-checked bone names, removed and re-added the actor to the map, etc., and I'm out of ideas. I've even double checked everything I do to what you do in the example project, and they seem the same (except for the more complicated rigging and rifle stuff which I ignored for the sake of simplicity).

The problem I see is: the mannequin seems to follow my general head location but none of the bones move. He's in a default T-pose at all times. Any ideas about what might be the culprit?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueThunderGames View Post
    I just purchased this plugin today. I followed the setup video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncQQyvaYZ4) using a new project. I've spent about 5 hours so far and still can't get this plugin to work properly.
    Common problems:
    - Spelling mistake in bones names in the VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator component.
    - Sometimes UE4 doesn't update settings in the player actor located at level. Solution: remove player actor from the scene and place a new one (don't forget to set auto-possess checkbox).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by artoculon View Post
    I'm going to echo Victor's point — I have no idea what the steps are to "try" a custom Skeletal Mesh in your template. It's not clear. Could you provide these steps in the Doc, or here in the forum, or make an updated tutorial video with this information?

I'm in the process of retargeting, and renaming, and still having trouble. I'm also having to jump from forum page to forum page trying to get the most up-to-date info...
    Basic setup doesn't change regardless of skeletal mesh. Don't use demo project as a template. Instead, follow video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncQQyvaYZ4) to add support from scratch and then, if you don't know how to add some feature (twist bones, walking animation, save/load calibration, fingers animation etc), copy if from demo project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm going to echo Victor's point — I have no idea what the steps are to "try" a custom Skeletal Mesh in your template. It's not clear. Could you provide these steps in the Doc, or here in the forum, or make an updated tutorial video with this information?

I'm in the process of retargeting, and renaming, and still having trouble. I'm also having to jump from forum page to forum page trying to get the most up-to-date info...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just purchased this plugin today. I followed the setup video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncQQyvaYZ4) using a new project. I've spent about 5 hours so far and still can't get this plugin to work properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Diegojansen7 View Post
    Hi I am having a large amount of trouble getting this to work in 4.19. When I migrate the 4.18 demo project to a 4.19 project nothing works right. Any help would be extremely appreciated!
    Basic projet for 4.19: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K8...hvR3QsSxO95v-A
    Advanced (old) project with multiplayer for 4.19: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Un...6RMvBZI0KYZOBB

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi I am having a large amount of trouble getting this to work in 4.19. When I migrate the 4.18 demo project to a 4.19 project nothing works right. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by khazum View Post
    Hello,
    Does your IK Rig package for Android?
    No, it's only for PC VR.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    Does your IK Rig package for Android?
    Thank you!
    - s

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, it worked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yummy-Vegetables

Originally posted by Yummy-Vegetables View Post
    When I test the game as a non cooked Standalone game by first creating a shortcut to the UE4Editor.exe and then supplying the command line arguments as per the following the calibration always fails however the calibration always works when I do it through PIE.

Any ideas?
    Calibration works for me in both demo projects in standalone. The only idea is that it happens because of differences in level loading sequence. Try to add some small delay in BeginPlay before components initialization and between this initialization and loading calibrated data (if you use it).

The plugin also shouldn't generate these errors anymore, so make sure you updated your version in the launcher (or write me a PM for the lastest version).

Ed. Just checked again. You're right, calibration doesn't work without delay, so just add Delay node in BeginPlay for ~0.5ms before VRIKBody: :Initialize (or ActivateInput) and VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator: :Initialize ). My second guess is that I need to set loading phase to PreDefault for the runtime module. Will fix it with the next update, but for now this small workaround with delay is needed.
    Last edited by YuriNK; 04-03-2018, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I test the game as a non cooked Standalone game by first creating a shortcut to the UE4Editor.exe and then supplying the command line arguments as per the following the calibration always fails however the calibration always works when I do it through PIE.

Any ideas?

To run as a non cooked standalone game:
    UE4Editor.exe [MyProject] [MyMap] -game

The only errors in the log I can see are these which I understand are not relevant:

2018.04.03-09.05.04:668][566]LogVRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator: Error: [GetLastPose]: Component isn't ready.
    [2018.04.03-09.05.04:679][567]LogVRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator: Error: [GetLastPose]: Component isn't ready.
    [2018.04.03-09.05.04:691][568]LogVRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator: Error: [GetLastPose]: Component isn't ready.
    [2018.04.03-09.05.04:701][569]LogVRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator: Error: [GetLastPose]: Component isn't ready.
    [2018.04.03-09.05.04:713][570]LogVRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator: Error: [GetLastPose]: Component isn't ready.
    Last edited by Yummy-Vegetables; 04-03-2018, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X