No announcement yet.

VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean this kind of deformation, how can I solve it? Can you talk in detail? thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever冯 View Post
      I mean this kind of deformation, how can I solve it? Can you talk in detail? thank you very much.
      Oh, got it. It's about twist bones.
      First of all, make sure that there is no outdated twist bones correction in animation blueprint: https://pp.userapi.com/c849216/v8492...ODk9dh6XAo.jpg

Then, open player blueprint and adjust twist values here: https://pp.userapi.com/c851520/v8515...2KNJiiz-Po.jpg
      Try 0 (to disable twisting), 0.5 and 0.75 with appropriate number sign.
      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

The skeleton dosnt work on my shipping or dev build, but runs fine in the vr editor preview.

Error shows in the output log of the editor too but the skeleton functions,

Spoiler
        Last edited by Rareden; 01-13-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
          The skeleton dosnt work on my shipping or dev build, but runs fine in the vr editor preview.

Error shows in the output log of the editor too but the skeleton functions,
          Hi,

I'll fix it in the next update. It you have no time, please switch to "Input from components" option:
          - in the settings of VRIKBody component set "VR Input Option" to "Input from components"
          - if you had no motion controller components, add two motion controller components for left and right hands (Motion Source = "Left" and "Right")
          - in BeginPlay event instead if VRIKBody::ActivateInput call VRIKBody::Initialize. Use references to camera and motion controller components as input parameters.
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
            I need more details about these issues. Are feet swapped with default legs simulation or with overriding animation (blend space)?
            As for head, small video would help me. This issue could be related to proportions of skeletal mesh (can be fixed by adjusting settings) or it could be caused by bug.
            Hey, sorry for the late reply. It's the default leg simulation. I'll PM you a small video where you can see the issue.

Comment

Man, is this a frustrating plugin. 10 hours and it barely works and doesn't look right at all. My main problem right now is that my feet are twisted at crazy angles? It doesn't make any sense.

In general I really expected better documentation and demo projects that actually open and that are created in the latest versions Unreal, especially for the price.

Comment

Just wanted to follow up. I got it work using modify bone in the animbp and rotating the feet to bonespace. Seems to work alright now, minus some problems bending over and the hands not reaching the motion controller targets when I lift my arms up.

But please let me know if you have a permanent solution because using the modify bones ruins my walk animation I'd like to blend.
                And during the leg movement the legs cross each other (with no animation blends).

Edit: Packaging does not work with the hands! The legs work but the hands are stuck at 0 at the body. Help!
                Edit2: Got packaging to work by changing inputs on IKBody to receive components rather than directVR

I also just wanted to clarify my frustration.
                It seems it should work easier out of the box with the epic skeleton and mannequin. (I shouldn't be getting crazy feet issues)
                It really should come with a default values for Oculus. Like a bool you can switch in IKBody. I spent hours trying to the values for the offset right and they still aren't great.
                Your 4.18 demo will not open (yes I ran rebuild from source).
                Major problem with the stuck in t-pose that was solved by a simple fix (snapshot pin on pose snapshot). You should have that under a common problems tab as during my searching I noticed other people had that issue too).
                It would be awesome to include hand animations (grab, open, etc) for the epic skeleton. It just makes sense with this IK system you would use the full skeleton rather than floating hands. And put it in a AnimBP that is wired up.
                So many links are dead and tutorials hidden inside. Make the resources easy to find.
                And it needs a delay node before initializing.

You're the only game in town since IKinema is not updating to the newer UE versions (or at least taking forever). Not trying to be demanding, just frustrated a bit and Just trying to help out. Please let me know if you have a fix for those feet and legs crossing. Using the Epic skeleton and mannequin.
                Last edited by Dogū; 01-15-2019, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Landseer

Do you use 4.18? Some problems you mentioned was fixed recently, incuding feets, but I only can update the plugin in the Marketplace for the last three versions (i.e. 4.19-4.21). Can you send me your skeletal mesh (via private message) for investigation?

Major problem with the stuck in t-pose that was solved by a simple fix (snapshot pin on pose snapshot. You should have that under a common problems tab as during my searching I noticed other people had that issue too).
                  You're right, I'm going to write FAQ, but delay it for a long time.

Packaging does not work with the hands!
                  I'll check it. Also, you can switch to "Input from components". That should help for sure.

Comment

Thanks. I think I owe you a bit of an apology. I redid everything from scratch and a lot of the problems I was having was caused by a faulty UE4 default skeleton. Which is crazy because it is the default and was taken straight from an epic template. ???

Now I am working on copying the movements to a puppet character. (so there will be other characters copying your movement) Trying to use direct input from variables, but the puppet character is always stuck at around 0,0,0 and their spine rotated so they are just kind of hanging. Obviously doing something wrong, so I'll keep trying. Maybe I need to convert the values to local space?

Just thought you might have a solution to this already.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Landseer View Post
                      Thanks. I think I owe you a bit of an apology. I redid everything from scratch and a lot of the problems I was having was caused by a faulty UE4 default skeleton. Which is crazy because it is the default and was taken straight from an epic template. ???

Now I am working on copying the movements to a puppet character. (so there will be other characters copying your movement) Trying to use direct input from variables, but the puppet character is always stuck at around 0,0,0 and their spine rotated so they are just kind of hanging. Obviously doing something wrong, so I'll keep trying. Maybe I need to convert the values to local space?

Just thought you might have a solution to this already.

Cheers.
                      I tested it now (this way: https://pp.userapi.com/c850728/v8507...4IJbDtrt6g.jpg), everything seems fine. But if you want copy movements to the same skeleton, you could also use "Copy Pose From Mesh" animation node (without my plugin).

Comment

Hi YuriNK
                        Been getting walking animations implemented but ive got a issue with the body doing a 360 spin and the legs spazzing a bit, Video link: https://youtu.be/gXSK-sgtNoA
                        Last edited by Rareden; 02-01-2019, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Hi YuriNK
                          Been getting walking animations implemented but ive got a issue with the body doing a 360 spin and the legs spazzing a bit, Video link: https://youtu.be/gXSK-sgtNoA
                          Check rotation offset of the legs animation: https://pp.userapi.com/c845016/v8450...AZ6cDtvSdc.jpg
                          It should be static when root motion is enabled, and should follow current body orientation if root motion is disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post

Check rotation offset of the legs animation: https://pp.userapi.com/c845016/v8450...AZ6cDtvSdc.jpg
                            It should be static when root motion is enabled, and should follow current body orientation if root motion is disabled.
                            issue still persists, ive tried all angles in that from 0 to -180 and +180. Video https://youtu.be/ib_sOO2rFmQ
                            All animations, skeleton and mesh are imported correctly on Y negative

Comment

issue still persists, ive tried all angles in that from 0 to -180 and +180. Video https://youtu.be/ib_sOO2rFmQ
                              All animations, skeleton and mesh are imported correctly on Y negative
                              Hard to say what cause it. Can you send me your project for testing? Or may be a blank project with migrated player and animation blueprints?

Comment

When is VR Hands Solver coming into this package?
                                Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Wishlist Neko Ghost, Jump! a 2D/3D Puzzle-Platformer : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ko_Ghost_Jump/

Comment

Working...
                                X