VR IK Body - Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
    Can you show screenshots of your setup, including skeleton hierarchy?

Often issue: make sure that 'Pose Snapshot' node in the animation blueprint has mode == 'Snapshot Pin' and not 'Named Snapshot'.
    I dont get what the Mesh pose variable is, i dont see where its being set
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
      I dont get what the Mesh pose variable is, i dont see where its being set
      it should be updated in the "Event Blueprint Update Animation": https://pp.userapi.com/c850020/v8500...c9WxRWsuA0.jpg

Can you also show properties of the VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator component, especially names of bones?

And make sure that animation blueprint casts pawn successfully to get references to VRIKBody and VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator components. I. e. before node in the red rectangle at the picture above, add PrintScreen node to see if reference is valid.

If pawn actor is placed at the level and not spawned by GameMode, make sure that it (actor at the scene) has correct animation blueprint, because it isn't updated automatically when you change animation blueprint in the settigns of skeletal mesh compoent in the pawn blueprint.

If it doesn't help, may be you could send me your project?
      Last edited by YuriNK; 12-21-2018, 02:58 PM.
      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Th
        it should be updated in the "Event Blueprint Update Animation": https://pp.userapi.com/c850020/v8500...c9WxRWsuA0.jpg

Can you also show properties of the VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator component, especially names of bones?

And make sure that animation blueprint casts pawn successfully to get references to VRIKBody and VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator components. I. e. before node in the red rectangle at the picture above, add PrintScreen node to see if reference is valid.

If pawn actor is placed at the level and not spawned by GameMode, make sure that it (actor at the scene) has correct animation blueprint, because it isn't updated automatically when you change animation blueprint in the settigns of skeletal mesh compoent in the pawn blueprint.

If it doesn't help, may be you could send me your project?
        Both the VRikbody and translators return as valid inputs, the activate input also returns true but the initialize returns false.
        Its being spawned by the player controller.
        The project is stupidly big so ill set it up in fresh one if all else fails
        Attached Files

Comment

Rareden
          Or just fbx with skeletal mesh. I would setup it in my basic demo project and send you.
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

Rareden
            Or just fbx with skeletal mesh. I would setup it in my basic demo project and send you.
            Good point,
            heres the simplified one in question. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UG...Jq8fTfNHNQgQcu

Comment

There are few problems with the skeleton. Some of them are specific for my plugin and some are general for UE4.
              * bones hierarchy: clavicles should be attached to ribcage bone (i.e. last bone of the spine), and not neck. Fix it (recommended) or use name of neck bone as 'Ribcage' in settings of the VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator component.
              * root bone should be located at the ground in location (0, 0, 0) with rotation (0, 0, 0), because it specifies component's location and rotation in UE4. Its Y axis should be equal to forward (backward in 3ds max) direction of the character. And character rotation (before skinning) shoudld be zeroed in this position for corrent import to UE4.

See changed fbx (in the project's folder) as a reference for your main skeletal mesh.

Not related to skeleton, but should be mentioned:

* skeletal mesh component within BP_MotionControllerPawn should be rotatated in a direction of camera
              * Anim graph: after retargeting of animation blueprint, update names of bones in all 'Blend Bone by Channel' and 'Layered Blend per Bone' nodes, because they aren't updated automatically in a process of retargeting.
              * VRPawn actor at the level: select SM_Avatar component and update animation blueprint ('Anim Class' property), because it isn't updated when you change it in the blueprint itself.

Project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pf...CPFnNa9NnvwKt1

Comment

Thanks YuriNK, got it working.
                Do you have a technique other than trial and error for finding the correct hand offsets for Oculus?

Comment

Thanks YuriNK, got it working.
                  Do you have a technique other than trial and error for finding the correct hand offsets for Oculus?
                  Unfortunately, no. that's how I do that.

Comment

My entire spine appears to being rotated 180 on calibration.
                    Im wanting to use CAT rig in 3ds max for this but the plugin dosnt seem to like the spine

Comment

My entire spine appears to being rotated 180 on calibration.
                      Im wanting to use CAT rig in 3ds max for this but the plugin dosnt seem to like the spine
                      Disable flexible spine in settings of the VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator component. I know about this issue and going to submit update soon.

Comment

Disable flexible spine in settings of the VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator component. I know about this issue and going to submit update soon.
                        I cant find that setting in the component settings

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately we've run into a few issues with this system and were hoping you could give us a few pointers as to how to approach fixing it. Namely our feet seem to be swapped - left foot is on the right and vice versa. Secondly, the head clips into the torso when you duck. If you need any more info or need us to do some tests let me know.

Best regards,
                          Damir H.
                          Last edited by DamirH; 01-01-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                            Hello,

Unfortunately we've run into a few issues with this system and were hoping you could give us a few pointers as to how to approach fixing it. Namely our feet seem to be swapped - left foot is on the right and vice versa. Secondly, the head clips into the torso when you duck. If you need any more info or need us to do some tests let me know.

Best regards,
                            Damir H.
                            I need more details about these issues. Are feet swapped with default legs simulation or with overriding animation (blend space)?
                            As for head, small video would help me. This issue could be related to proportions of skeletal mesh (can be fixed by adjusting settings) or it could be caused by bug.

Comment

After using IKbody, there are some details of the problem. After changing the model, the hand is distorted. How to solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever冯 View Post
                                After using IKbody, there are some details of the problem. After changing the model, the hand is distorted. How to solve it?
                                - check names of bones in VRIKSkeletalMeshTranslator component
                                - if necessary, adjust RightHandOffset and LeftHandOffset in VRIKBody component.

Comment

Working...
                                X