Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinosaurs and other extinct animals.. The Hulpen library.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] Dinosaurs and other extinct animals.. The Hulpen library.

Hi everyone,

My name is Nils, I live in Brussels and I am (re)creating extinct animals..

-

Captivated by the past, I studied early humans and their natural habitat at the university.
    That being said, I am amazed by aaaalll the amazing animal and plant species that have inhabited the planet Earth in the past.

Spending days imagining the nature and landscapes of the past, I wanted to recreate them virtually.
    Leaving my reveries, I quickly realized that imagining, sculpting, texturing and animating extinct animals in a credible way required patience.

Thus, because I think it might be helpful, I came up with the idea of ​​creating a unified UE4 library of (extinct) animals, highly customizable and ready to be included in a game. A library that I named Hulpen.

-

Having spent a year since late 2016 to do some research and preliminary work, I made a list of animals that I wanted to recreate first : I decided to recreate animals from the late Cretaceous (because we "all" grew up with Jurassic park !) and the late Eocene (because, yes, BBC - Walking with Beasts).

I will submit an animal each week. (First submit: december 1st).
    • Each animal is visually adaptable (gender and age, health, skin details, scars, dust and mud, feathers, ..).
    • Each animal is animated.
    • Each animal has an artificial intelligence capable of interacting with each Hulpen animal and plant.
    • Each animal has an exact skeleton, viscera and a vascular system. Yes .

The price will stay attractive and accessible.

- Stay tuned, Dr Sattler and Dr Grant ...and encourage me if you have the kindness and the time !

Nils

Last edited by Patecaky; 10-24-2017, 01:18 AM.

SOUnds great
    Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

I think this is great... the dinossaur theme is of great use in gaming industry and since there is a game (ARK:Survival Evolved) which accepts mods you could create a high poly and low poly version for gaming as sell them as mod content for that game. Just make sure to provide the animations aswell.

Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

very interested in this. Cant wait to see the first one (anything you can show us in the meanttime ;-) )
        www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Thanks for the remarks and the support : ) ! Il will share the WIP asap. Have a nice weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Patecaky View Post
            Hi everyone,

My name is Nils, I live in Brussels and I am (re)creating extinct animals..

-

Captivated by the past, I studied early humans and their natural habitat at the university.
            That being said, I am amazed by aaaalll the amazing animal and plant species that have inhabited the planet Earth in the past.

Spending days imagining the nature and landscapes of the past, I wanted to recreate them virtually.
            Leaving my reveries, I quickly realized that imagining, sculpting, texturing and animating extinct animals in a credible way required patience.

Thus, because I think it might be helpful, I came up with the idea of creating a unified UE4 library of (extinct) animals, highly customizable and ready to be included in a game. A library that I named Hulpen.

-

Having spent a year since late 2016 to do some research and preliminary work, I made a list of animals that I wanted to recreate first : I decided to recreate animals from the late Cretaceous (because we "all" grew up with Jurassic park !) and the late Eocene (because, yes, BBC - Walking with Beasts).

I will submit an animal each week. (First submit: december 1st).
            • Each animal is visually adaptable (gender and age, health, skin details, scars, dust and mud, feathers, ..).
            • Each animal is animated.
            • Each animal has an artificial intelligence capable of interacting with each Hulpen animal and plant.
            • Each animal has an exact skeleton, viscera and a vascular system. Yes .

The price will stay attractive and accessible.

- Stay tuned, Dr Sattler and Dr Grant ...and encourage me if you have the kindness and the time !

Nils

Are you still working on this?

--------------------------------------------------------
            [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
            [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Working...
            X