Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    I would be better to create a ranking system, that only people that buys the product, are allowed to vote. That would be much better, easy to configure and to use, and save you guys a lot of time. And if you want, you could even make that if a product does not have at lest one vote, for a period of one year, you could remove that product.
    Much better don't you guys think?
    Yes! The ultimate goal for Marketplace is to have robust infrastructure for community-driven reviews, ratings, and some sort of controlled preview process. The current approach just exists to kickstart Marketplace content before that infrastructure is complete.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I won't waste my time voting there. Sorry about that. Also, the submissions will increase and I just want to see people voting, and voting... Yeah, sure! kkkkk
    I would be better to create a ranking system, that only people that buys the product, are allowed to vote. That would be much better, easy to configure and to use, and save you guys a lot of time. And if you want, you could even make that if a product does not have at lest one vote, for a period of one year, you could remove that product.
    Much better don't you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think trello is more about "Understand what content user wants"

Of course creators can just create stuff they think approciate and then dump it into Marketplace. If content quality is good Epic just accept and post it. But with current system users can help to understand creators what users need

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You guys got valid points.

All this voting is for keeping away from store junk. And this is a good thing.

The bad part of voting, is what I've mentioned (not price info, no enough detail about product) and ALSO, take this idea in consideration: peoples votes for what they need in that moment. Maybe for next game you need a package at what you did not think, and you did not voted. And also peoples will not lose time voting, the market should be like that: I need that thing today, I go search the market, I choose what's good for me, and move on.

Yes, I also think this is just an intermediary step to market, and Unreal devs will end hiring some dedicated peoples to check the assets sent to the market.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by silverspy View Post
    I agree, instead of us voting on a few images. Why not hire one guy or a small team to verify assets to make sure they run optimally and of a certain quality.

Voting system seems pointless, who's going to spend their time to constantly check out for submissions.
    I'm pretty sure this is something they're doing for early submissions and not necessarily a permanent fixture of the submission process.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    Is just me, or most of you guys don't see the point of voting on Trello? I think that, forgive my honesty about this, but it is a waste of time. The only requiriment should be quality! I don't see the point of trying to controll what is on Marketplace, and very soon you guys will realize that.
    I agree, instead of us voting on a few images. Why not hire one guy or a small team to verify assets to make sure they run optimally and of a certain quality.

Voting system seems pointless, who's going to spend their time to constantly check out for submissions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is just me, or most of you guys don't see the point of voting on Trello? I think that, forgive my honesty about this, but it is a waste of time. The only requiriment should be quality! I don't see the point of trying to controll what is on Marketplace, and very soon you guys will realize that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TDoro: Market place items seem to all have the same license which from what I can tell can be found here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ness-terms-faq

WHAT CAN USERS DO WITH MY CONTENT ONCE THEY PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD IT?
    All content sold on the Marketplace is licensed to the buyer (who may be either an individual or company) for the lifetime right to use the content in developing an unlimited number of products and in shipping those products. The buyer is also licensed to make the content available to employees and contractors for the sole purpose of contributing to products controlled by the buyer.

Each such product built using content purchased on the Marketplace must be a standalone creative work (such a game, simulation, or video) in which content is merely a component and not the primary focus. For example, it may not be a content pack for distribution to engine users.
    and

CAN USERS MODIFY, RESELL OR TRANSFER CONTENT ONCE THEY PURCHASE IT? ?
    Users are free to modify any content they purchase from the Marketplace.

All items sold are non-transferable, and users cannot sub-license the content for further redistribution, whether or not they have modified it. Users cannot buy your content and then distribute it to other developers to use in other projects, for example by listing it on the Marketplace or another store themselves.
    IANAL but the 2nd question does not prevent selling as content with a full product(ie game) but rather to prevent you from selling/giving just that content away to other people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, you guys started that "auction atmosphere" by voting But take it fair to the end, we don't know for what exactly we vote, no info about license, no info about price. The most important things. Else I don't see the point of voting, most of us vote with wallet...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We debated listing prices on the Trello board before we opened up Marketplace submissions. Ultimately, we decided to focus the voting stage on gauging interest in the subject matter and quality level, without prices creating an auction atmosphere.

Agreed that each item should include sufficient detail on what's included so everyone can gauge the overall utility of the pack. The Imphenzia music pack and Micro Monsters by BitGem3D set a good examples of this.

Thanks for the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually there is a lot of info missed, not only a price
    For example - How many animations Micro Monsters have, what textures GameTextures have(Masks, AO, Height? Or only albedo, normal, roughness, metalness?)
    I think more elaboration is required, price included.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Voting on Trello for... what price?

Voting on Trello for... what price?

Ok guys, the initiative to vote for what will come into the Marketplace is OK, but on Trello board there is a vague description of product and no price.

So what I am voting for? Once you win the votes on Trello you are free to rob UE4 users right?
Working...
X