Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketplace Info and Guidelines: READ FIRST

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Hi Fighter5347!

    I have not seen this title listed in our submissions, but give me the email address that was on the submission through a pm, and I will check it out ASAP.

    Comment


      #92
      Im currently working on blueprint system for marketplace and problem is it probably would be submitted around 4.9 release and my question is, how should i do that, make stuff for 4.8.3 and than move it to 4.9 and submit again or do them both at once or only new one?

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by CriErr View Post
        Im currently working on blueprint system for marketplace and problem is it probably would be submitted around 4.9 release and my question is, how should i do that, make stuff for 4.8.3 and than move it to 4.9 and submit again or do them both at once or only new one?
        Usually you should (but i think its not enforced) support the last 3 major versions of UE4. In your case, starting with 4.8.3, you should stay with that and see if its compatible with 4.9 too. When 4.10 comes out you should still support 4.8.3 (as then you would have 3 major versions supported). With 4.11 you could skip support for 4.8 then.

        Cheers,
        Indy
        FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
        TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by indygoof View Post
          Usually you should (but i think its not enforced) support the last 3 major versions of UE4. In your case, starting with 4.8.3, you should stay with that and see if its compatible with 4.9 too. When 4.10 comes out you should still support 4.8.3 (as then you would have 3 major versions supported). With 4.11 you could skip support for 4.8 then.

          Cheers,
          Indy
          Problem is, since is blueprint code, it might be done at various different ways and a lot new stuff comes out with 4.9 which is doesnt have any backward support, like multiple return nodes from functions and new "object" class, makes some ways the "right way" and im not sure is i am capable to make big content and reengineering updates for old and new versions. I can make it work, just by making it on old version and just fix which become broken on new one, i guess i would stick with that idea.

          Comment


            #95
            Trello board removed or private?

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by CriErr View Post
              Problem is, since is blueprint code, it might be done at various different ways and a lot new stuff comes out with 4.9 which is doesnt have any backward support, like multiple return nodes from functions and new "object" class, makes some ways the "right way" and im not sure is i am capable to make big content and reengineering updates for old and new versions. I can make it work, just by making it on old version and just fix which become broken on new one, i guess i would stick with that idea.
              I'd say do the best you can to support the trailing 3 versions (like indygoof said), but be clear in your updates about what will and won't work between versions if there will be significant incompatibilities. The overall goal of the Marketplace is to make as much quality content available for people as possible, so if there are significant differences between versions that would fracture a featureset, we can find a way to work with you to keep your content available for people as much as is reasonable.

              Originally posted by DevSaucy View Post
              Trello board removed or private?
              We discontinued the Trello voting boards a few months ago to speed up the time from submission to publishing. Here's a link to the announcement: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...c-Trello-board
              -jon [ web: www.jonjones.com | twitter: @jonjones ]

              Comment


                #97
                Oh okay, couldn't find the thread with the announcement.

                Comment


                  #98
                  I need some clarification with the "General Asset Requirements" about the "No default textures are shown on any assets".

                  I understand and agree that one can't charge for materials that Epic made available for free but do I really need to create my own version of a "Chrome" or "Gold" material?
                  Can't we just accept that the price of the meshes does not contain this default materials?

                  What about modifications of the default Gold material for example? Let's say I make a vase, modify the Gold material by adding a normal map. Is this acceptable considering the price will just take in consideration the normalmap?

                  Like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Golden vasek.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1087998

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Hello,

                    I have a question on submitting animations, the guidelines don't specify the required orientation of the "ik_hand_gun" bone.

                    Looking at various animations, both standard and Marketplace, there seems to be some variation. It's really important that there's consistency between animation packs otherwise they can't be used together, i.e. a gun attached via a socket on this bone will point in different directions.

                    Kubold's Animset Pro animations have Z forward and Y down, since they've passed Marketplace approval can I assume that they are correct and that I should use that orientation?

                    Thanks.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MajorFailure View Post
                      Hello,

                      I have a question on submitting animations, the guidelines don't specify the required orientation of the "ik_hand_gun" bone.

                      Looking at various animations, both standard and Marketplace, there seems to be some variation. It's really important that there's consistency between animation packs otherwise they can't be used together, i.e. a gun attached via a socket on this bone will point in different directions.

                      Kubold's Animset Pro animations have Z forward and Y down, since they've passed Marketplace approval can I assume that they are correct and that I should use that orientation?

                      Thanks.
                      Could I please get a reply on this, what is the required orientation for the "ik_hand_gun" bone for Marketplace animation submissions?

                      Thanks.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X