No announcement yet.

Modular Houses [Released]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i missed the 60% off sale by a day. had it in my cart but was waiting for the funds. any chance to still get on it or is there another sale coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
      i missed the 60% off sale by a day. had it in my cart but was waiting for the funds. any chance to still get on it or is there another sale coming up?
      Hi, please write me at quadarthelp@gmail.com

Comment

Hello, great package!
        But I have same problem with stairs (SM_Stairs_B_1-Attic) as in POST #83
        I saw you made fixed version. Can you make same fix for SM_Stairs_D_1-2-Attic?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus1231 View Post
          Hello, great package!
          But I have same problem with stairs (SM_Stairs_B_1-Attic) as in POST #83
          I saw you made fixed version. Can you make same fix for SM_Stairs_D_1-2-Attic?
          Thanks
          Hi Egidijus1231, could you please make some screenshots of the issue, I am asking because it looks okay on my side
          ​​side thanks
          Last edited by QuadArt; 02-14-2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

This looks great and thinking of buying it. Is it hard to get rid of seams in baked lighting with these assets? Also, any chance it might go on sale soon?

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
              This looks great and thinking of buying it. Is it hard to get rid of seams in baked lighting with these assets? Also, any chance it might go on sale soon?
              Thank you,seams between modular assets is a common problem in UE4, you need to boost up the lighting build settings. Make sure you are building on Production with this settings World settings,Lightmass: https://imgur.com/vZbEWou. Or it can be completely solved by using GPU Lightmass, I hope Epic will add this to the engine:https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...s-gpulightmass

Regarding the sale, Epic does not announce any plans regarding the Spring sale, if they do I will add Modular Houses to that list

Comment

Oh good to know it works with GPU Lightmass, and thanks for the config tips!

Comment

I bought it and played around with it for a few mins and it looks great so far. The scale also seems good, the UE4 Mannequin fits through the doors and is a little tall for the windows, so realistic-sized characters should fit easily.

I tried building with GPU Lightmass and still got very noticeable seams/tiling on the ceilings. Maybe this can be hidden, but I guess the safest solution would be to export the mesh and merge the edges and layout the UVs properly. Is that right?

Also get some errors/warnings regarding fencing and door BPs in the Demo1 level, but not a problem as I planned to make my own BPs anyway...

Comment

Seems to be a bug in SM_Window_Floor2_A2_400. There is a gap between the wall and the baseboard. It doesn't seem to be there in any of the other 2nd floor meshes.

Comment

Seems to be a bug in SM_Window_Floor2_A2_400. There is a gap between the wall and the baseboard. It doesn't seem to be there in any of the other 2nd floor meshes.
                      Hi Dsyd, thank you for the purchace! Its a weekends, do not have much time to test other issues but I will try to check asap, for now here the fix for the wall mesh, please replace the old file
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=18K...9X_X5o8URQa3rm

Thanks for reporting it! Regarding another issues, can use please write me here with screenshots,
                      quadarthelp@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for such a prompt response! The new mesh fixes the gap, but now there's some odd thing going on at the top where the wallpaper "pokes through" the window frame, not sure if it was there before but the 1st floor version doesn't seem to have that problem?

Also, I think the directory might be wrong...in the ZIP, it's

Code:
                        ModularHouses\Meshes\Windows
                        but I think it should be:

Code:
                        ModularHouses\Meshes\Walls\Windows
                        I also noticed some gaps in a couple of the roof pieces:

SM_Roof_A_Side_A
                        SM_Roof_A_End_A

When the "gutters" and top of the roof are aligned with adjacent pieces, there is a tiny gap between the bottom of the siding and the top of the 2nd-floor wall (see 2nd picture). Those are the two I noticed, but there might be more.

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!

Comment

Thanks for such a prompt response! The new mesh fixes the gap, but now there's some odd thing going on at the top where the wallpaper "pokes through" the window frame, not sure if it was there before but the 1st floor version doesn't seem to have that problem?
                          Yep, it should no be like that, I am working on the fixes. Again thank you for reporting all this minor but important stuff, I think it a time for an official update 1.8 for this pack.
                          I will let you know when Epic approves it
                          Last edited by QuadArt; 03-04-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Cool, thanks! Yeah, normally it wouldn't be noticeable but the gaps cause light to leak in after baking.

Comment

Update 1.8 is out, it adds various fixes requested by customers(minor issues with some meshes, etc)

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                I want to share some WIP screenshots from the upcoming update requested by community

Night lighting for Modular Houses pack, I will notify here when the update will be ready

Click image for larger version  Name:	Night_02.jpg Views:	2 Size:	405.1 KB ID:	1609323
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Night_01.jpg Views:	2 Size:	552.5 KB ID:	1609322

Comment

Working...
                                X