Modular Houses [Released]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

The school and the warehouse is a great idea but as DarkS474 mention it is not related to houses.
    The survey shows the community interest in 3 level houses, so I am planning to do it, should be a nice addition that will finish "houses" theme.

And for sure, the next pack could be a modular buildings, but for now will focus on the 3 level update
    Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by QuadArt; 01-02-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Hey QuadArt, I just purchased your pack for engine 4.18 and all three BP_Door_Outside blueprints have compiling errors that I can't seem to figure out. Everything else is working proper except these outside doors/blueprints that reference DM Wall Window A3. Maybe Epic Games changed the Apply Damage node? I can't tell. Some assistance on how to fix this problem with all three blueprints would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameist View Post
        Hey QuadArt, I just purchased your pack for engine 4.18 and all three BP_Door_Outside blueprints have compiling errors that I can't seem to figure out. Everything else is working proper except these outside doors/blueprints that reference DM Wall Window A3. Maybe Epic Games changed the Apply Damage node? I can't tell. Some assistance on how to fix this problem with all three blueprints would be appreciated.
        Oh its known issue with 4.18, they moved Apex to plugins.
        Go to Edit-Plugins, type Apex and press Enable, and restart project

Thank you for the purchase!

Comment

Update 1.4 Is out, for those who wondering what is new
          - Fix the issue with collision on some road meshes on 4.18
          - Remove few outdated asset

Comment

Demo_03 + The HLOD version has ALOT of bugs... Alot of doors wont open, some "steps" to get to the doors are unable to be walked on, glass breaks when opening doors making them unable to enter since you cant 'walk thru' the glass.. Wanted to get a clear view of the possibilities, afraid i didn't get far..

Comment

Originally posted by EpiNemx View Post
              Demo_03 + The HLOD version has ALOT of bugs... Alot of doors wont open, some "steps" to get to the doors are unable to be walked on, glass breaks when opening doors making them unable to enter since you cant 'walk thru' the glass.. Wanted to get a clear view of the possibilities, afraid i didn't get far..
              Hi EpiNemx, Thank you for the purchase!
              The issue with doors is defenetly a bug, will fix it asap

Demo_03 and Demo_HLOD was made as a bonus content, the only purpose of it is to show the possibility of HLOD optimization from the tutorial. The goal of it is to demonstrate how to dramatically improve the performance for open world games, never though someone will use it as a complete level since it just a lot of the same houses copy-paste 100 times.

However, it was a bonus but now it is a part of the main content that you have paid for, and you are right those levels does not work as expected, in order to fix it, I need to re-merge all the houses with proper collision (that is why you cannot walk to some stairs) and do HLOD generation ones again, please note it should take 1-3 day to make and a few days for Epic to approve the update.
              Last edited by QuadArt; 01-25-2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadArt View Post

Hi EpiNemx, Thank you for the purchase!
                The issue with doors is defenetly a bug, will fix it asap

Demo_03 and Demo_HLOD was made as a bonus content, the only purpose of it is to show the possibility of HLOD optimization from the tutorial. The goal of it is to demonstrate how to dramatically improve the performance for open world games, never though someone will use it as a complete level since it just a lot of the same houses copy-paste 100 times.

However, it was a bonus but now it is a part of the main content that you have paid for, and you are right those levels does not work as expected, in order to fix it, I need to re-merge all the houses with proper collision (that is why you cannot walk to some stairs) and do HLOD generation ones again, please note it should take 1-3 day to make and a few days for Epic to approve the update.

Hey thanks for ur response, I was actually planning on using the demo_01 part as a example (copy/paste that) and expand it to my own needs, however I did notice all the houses has a "preview" tag on them, is there any way to remove those? Or do I really have to build the entire map from scratch myself?

Thanks for the response!

Comment

Hey thanks for ur response, I was actually planning on using the demo_01 part as a example (copy/paste that) and expand it to my own needs, however I did notice all the houses has a "preview" tag on them, is there any way to remove those? Or do I really have to build the entire map from scratch myself?

Thanks for the response!
                  Happy to help, regarding the preview tag, it means that the lighting is preview, you need to build lighting only and it will go away, but keep in mind each modification with the map or light source will require light rebuild
                  Also you can take a look on Demo_02 it is the same map but it use only dynamic lighting, you can modify it in any way, no need to bake
                  Last edited by QuadArt; 01-25-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Demo_03 + The HLOD version has ALOT of bugs... Alot of doors wont open,
                    Hi EpiNemx, The update is ready.
                    Now all the doors and houses are accessible, with proper glass destraction.

It will be live when Epic get to it, if you want to it asap, drop me a mail at
                    quadarthelp@gmail.com

Comment

Update 1.5 Is out, for those who wondering what is new

-More acure collision for road modules was made by customer request
                      -Fixed the issue with some road not being perfectly align

Comment

Update 1.6 is out

Decided to re-work the lighting for 4.18 This update will feature new exciting features like Multi-Bounce SkyLight and Volumetric lightmaps and other improvements that 4.18 brings

Screenshots and 4K video:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZm23f5erUw
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/156325141@N05/​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1431134
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	5_1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1431135​​​​​​​

Comment

I'm pretty sold on this pack, but just out of curiosity. Is it possibly to create curved road pieces with the driveway drop curb?
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronb543 View Post
                            I'm pretty sold on this pack, but just out of curiosity. Is it possibly to create curved road pieces with the driveway drop curb?
                            ​​​​​​
                            Hi Aaronb543
                            Unfortunately it is not possible, the main focus on this pack is houses
                            Last edited by QuadArt; 02-23-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Hey there

I just bought the pack and love it so far

One question though: Can you give me a hint on how to use the vertex paint function to add wear and tear to the houses? I seem to be a bit lost there...

Cheers
                              VFX & AI
                              http://www.team-imx.com

Comment

Originally posted by IMX View Post
                                Hey there

I just bought the pack and love it so far

One question though: Can you give me a hint on how to use the vertex paint function to add wear and tear to the houses? I seem to be a bit lost there...

Cheers
                                Hi, thank you for purchase!

The majority of materials have ability to use vertex paint, you need to turn on Vertex_Blend in Material Instance, and customize it by your taste, after that open Painting tab and start paint using Green channel.
                                This topic was raised before, I will make a video tutorial how to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X