No announcement yet.

Modular Houses [Released]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be picking this up very soon, really like the look of the update as well. If you are taking requests, I would put my vote towards a screened in porch and other outdoor decking type work but for what it's worth I think this pack looks incredible as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr1tlord View Post
      Will be picking this up very soon, really like the look of the update as well. If you are taking requests, I would put my vote towards a screened in porch and other outdoor decking type work but for what it's worth I think this pack looks incredible as is.
      Thanks.I think I can do something like this in the future, also feel free to share any ideas for the updates.

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post
      This looks great - nicely done!
      Thank you

Comment

Open world optimization tutorial, shown the end result and steps to setup.
        Demo map will be released with the next update, please note 4.18 is mandatory, I had a various issues with the previous versions of the engine

Last edited by QuadArt; 11-07-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I have added necessary modules for balcony, they will be available with next update as well as HLOD map and another content updates

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	560.6 KB ID:	1383899
          Attached Files

Comment

Some people asked me to do more detailed house building tutorial
            If you have any problem understanding how to use modules this tutorial is for you.

Comment

You should add Closets and bathroom features. Also, add some kitchen features, too, like cabinets and fridges etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
                You should add Closets and bathroom features. Also, add some kitchen features, too, like cabinets and fridges etc.
                It is in my plans for the future pack, for now I will focus on updates of the houses
                Last edited by QuadArt; 11-21-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Update 1.2 is out

1.Balcony modules
                  2.New roof and wall materials
                  3.Ground blueprint
                  4.HLOD map from the Open World tutorial

Comment

Modular Houses is now available with 20% discount

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/modular-houses

Comment

Hi.

It's great to work with it :-)
                      Just a little thing that bothers me: There are no elements for a 3rd level.
                      Can you possibly add this? So you could build buildings with as many levels as you like..

Comment

Originally posted by swizzy View Post
                        Hi.

It's great to work with it :-)
                        Just a little thing that bothers me: There are no elements for a 3rd level.
                        Can you possibly add this? So you could build buildings with as many levels as you like..
                        Hello, thank you for the purchase, it is possible, but has a few issues:

1. It will require some source asset to be re-made, and will lead to missing files for those who purchase the pack and build a game using it
                        2. Cannot be included in official update
                        3. Design, 3rd level residential houses will look unrealistic, cannot find any refs for it, was able to find only 2-level with attic

If this is absolutely mandatory for your purpose I can do it, and share it on google drive

Comment

Originally posted by QuadArt View Post

3. Design, 3rd level residential houses will look unrealistic, cannot find any refs for it, was able to find only 2-level with attic
                          Here are some 3+ stories residential houses designs :

http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/ep...nced/#criteria[hw_num_stories][]=3+

They aren't that uncommon.

Maybe you could plan a larger update later on to allow creating some of those 3+ stories designs that aren't currently possible with your modular kit.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
                            They aren't that uncommon.
                            Hmm you are right, have found some nice looking, it can be quite challenging but I think it is possible to expand the pack.

One thing I would like to know, how many of you are interested in 3-level houses, Here is google form to find out

https://goo.gl/forms/qLGwIM2lxkdxxNh13

Click image for larger version  Name:	House_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	1406010
                            Last edited by QuadArt; 12-30-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Hi
                              It would be cool if I could build other buildings with these modules.
                              for example a school:
                              http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/sites/imag...ialschool2.jpg

Or other buildings like a warehouse:
                              https://www.losberger.com/de/de/bild...773x509_1.jpg/

Of course, with the addition of own created models.

I would model the missing elements myself. but for that I need, for example, the window frames.

Comment

Originally posted by swizzy View Post
                                Hi
                                It would be cool if I could build other buildings with these modules.
                                for example a school:
                                http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/sites/imag...ialschool2.jpg

Or other buildings like a warehouse:
                                https://www.losberger.com/de/de/bild...773x509_1.jpg/

Of course, with the addition of own created models.

I would model the missing elements myself. but for that I need, for example, the window frames.
                                I doubt the seller would do that... you are requesting buildings that are not houses.
                                Maybe he could release a new modular kit in the future to create big buildings like those and skyscrapers too...

Comment

Working...
                                X