Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied

Originally posted by Dreamcastgamer View Post
    It works perfectly in the engine when playing and using, but when i got to package i get this error.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'AutoSettings' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

PackagingResults: Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'AutoSettings' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

​​​​If you used 4.25.2 please read this https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengin...m_medium=web2x , but released update 4.25.3 (i cant check) perhaps they fixed this error
    Last edited by ALM678mb; 07-29-2020, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It works perfectly in the engine when playing and using, but when i got to package i get this error.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'AutoSettings' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

PackagingResults: Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'AutoSettings' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sam Bonifacio View Post

Hi, can you tell me the plugin version in the Plugins window?
    The plugin is Version 1.11

I updated to the newest version and it works all good now, thanks!
    Last edited by ugmoe; 06-24-2020, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ugmoe View Post
    I got example project 1.13, running Unreal 4.25.1

Everything worked great the first time i ran it, but when i stopped it and tried to run it again, it gives me this errors:

In use pin Raw Value no longer exists on node Clamp Raw Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

In use pin Return Value no longer exists on node Clamp Raw Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

Could not find a function named "ClampRawValue" in 'StyledSliderSetting_C'.

Make sure 'StyledSliderSetting_C' has been compiled for Clamp Raw Value

In use pin Raw Value no longer exists on node Raw Value to Normalized . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

In use pin Return Value no longer exists on node Raw Value to Normalized . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

Could not find a function named "RawValueToNormalized" in 'StyledSliderSetting_C'.

Make sure 'StyledSliderSetting_C' has been compiled for Raw Value to Normalized

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	1779977
    Hi, can you tell me the plugin version in the Plugins window?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got example project 1.13, running Unreal 4.25.1

Everything worked great the first time i ran it, but when i stopped it and tried to run it again, it gives me this errors:

In use pin Raw Value no longer exists on node Clamp Raw Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

In use pin Return Value no longer exists on node Clamp Raw Value . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

Could not find a function named "ClampRawValue" in 'StyledSliderSetting_C'.

Make sure 'StyledSliderSetting_C' has been compiled for Clamp Raw Value

In use pin Raw Value no longer exists on node Raw Value to Normalized . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

In use pin Return Value no longer exists on node Raw Value to Normalized . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

Could not find a function named "RawValueToNormalized" in 'StyledSliderSetting_C'.

Make sure 'StyledSliderSetting_C' has been compiled for Raw Value to Normalized

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	1779977

Leave a comment:

• replied
    v1.13 for 4.25 released

https://autosettings.readthedocs.io/.../versions/#113

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Capn C4ke View Post
    My next question is, How do I change the look of the button? I can't find anything to change the look of it
    This is the recommended way of styling setting widgets: https://autosettings.readthedocs.io/en/latest/styling/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My next question is, How do I change the look of the button? I can't find anything to change the look of it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Capn C4ke You can use an Action Label widget and give it the "Use" action and it will automatically update. Or use the "Get Player Action Mapping" function.
    I can't find a Get player action mapping function. I don't want to use a widget to display it, I just want the string or something that way I can display it in a text saying Press "E" to Pickup Rifle or something like that. I think I found something that works thanks
    Last edited by Capn C4ke; 06-02-2020, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Capn C4ke You can use an Action Label widget and give it the "Use" action and it will automatically update. Or use the "Get Player Action Mapping" function.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How would I go about retrieving a key for an action. When I walk over a pickup, I want it to get my players key that he has binded for "Use" and then do logic based off of that. I have it working without AutoSettings, but now I need it to work with AutoSettings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    v1.12 for 4.25 released

https://autosettings.readthedocs.io/.../versions/#112

Leave a comment:

• replied

Initialize Player Input Overrides is what finds the saved mappings and actually applies them to the Player Controller so that it is controllable with the custom mappings. This is normally called automatically if Auto Initialize Player Input Overrides is set in project settings, which it is by default. But with custom loading logic like this it may need to be called manually after the mappings are accessible, depending on if the Save Game is already available when the Player Controller is created.

Get Input Mappings is called by the system in multiple places (including Initialize Player Input Overrides) to access the saved mappings for a player. It normally reads from the config file but in this case it's overridden to access the Save Game instead. You don't need to call it from your code.
    Ok Thanks, i'm going to run some tests, I'll let you know how it goes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Capn C4ke View Post

Ok, What does the initialize Player input override do? And when do you call get input mappings?
    Initialize Player Input Overrides is what finds the saved mappings and actually applies them to the Player Controller so that it is controllable with the custom mappings. This is normally called automatically if Auto Initialize Player Input Overrides is set in project settings, which it is by default. But with custom loading logic like this it may need to be called manually after the mappings are accessible, depending on if the Save Game is already available when the Player Controller is created.

Get Input Mappings is called by the system in multiple places (including Initialize Player Input Overrides) to access the saved mappings for a player. It normally reads from the config file but in this case it's overridden to access the Save Game instead. You don't need to call it from your code.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I've got a custom SaveGame class with a PlayerInputMappings variable on it.

PlayerController loads or creates the save data and initializes the player inputs. You might be handling the SaveGame somewhere else but the important thing is that it is initially created with a default preset and that it exists before calling Initialize Player Input Overrides.

Click image for larger version  Name:	customsave_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.4 KB ID:	1759213

PlayerController implements AutoSettingsPlayer interface and overrides the Save Input Mappings event to set the mappings on the SaveGame object and then actually save it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	customsave_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.1 KB ID:	1759214

PlayerController overrides Get Input Mappings to return the mappings from the SaveGame object

Click image for larger version  Name:	customsave_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	1759215
    Ok, What does the initialize Player input override do? And when do you call get input mappings?
    Last edited by Capn C4ke; 05-12-2020, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X