Auto Settings - Game options and input binding toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio I decided to test if it could be the character I am using, so I just replaced the character with a different one and it works, so I am not sure what is wrong with the character I was using

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Azora Husky I think I will need repro steps or a project to be able to debug any further.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio Just tried what you suggested and no change

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Azora Husky Can you try disable AutoInitializePlayerInputOverrides in the settings and call Initialize Player Input Overrides in your Player Controller Begin Play?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio I sent you a DM, but just discovered that in the main menu of my game it works perfectly, but when I go into my game and try to change them there, it crashes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Azora Husky Can you post or DM me the logs after it crashes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I disabled "Allow Modify Keys" and it just crashes immediately without freezing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio I noticed that the first line in the crash report, refers to the keygroup assigning line in the source file

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio Is there a setting that needs to be changed to realise that it has a prompt class, or what could the problem be?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio Yup it was the nativization. When I switched to exclusive nativization and excluded the widgits, it worked. That is the first time I have ever seen nativization fail on me. Well well....live and learn Thank you for your help and your very excellent plugin. Left you a nice review on the marketplace and this is shipping in our next build of Blood Bond - Into the Shroud. Keep up the excellent work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Azora Husky To make what work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio I made a new project and it worked flawlessly, is there an option or something I should enable or disable to make it work for my project?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio

I just double checked and it always had the class, same with the default asset
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	29
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1721760

I shall attempt to make a new project and replicate the issue

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Azora Husky

Please double-check this. I was able to cause a crash in the exact same place by just nulling the class in the StyledBindCaptureButton asset from the example project, because of the missing check I mentioned in the previous post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BindCaptureNull.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1721729

If not, can you reproduce the issue in a project that you're able to send me?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WRKSGames Does it work in shipping without nativization?

This does look like a nativization issue, but now for some reason I can't nativize the example project anymore because of compilation errors in the generated code.

I always find nativization very fickle and unreliable no matter what project I'm working on, especially for UI and UMG widgets which seem to fail disproportionately more than other blueprints.

I would suggest seeing if you can exclude the Auto Settings assets, or at least the ones that appear to break, from the process (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...nts/index.html),
    and if that doesn't work I think you will have to figure out a way to disable nativization globally again, even if just for testing if that's the issue or not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X