Auto Settings - Game options and input binding toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using Unreal Engine 4.24.2, and the plugin version is 1.8

I put the input binding mapping for both axis and action into my options menu, and when I run it, it shows the correct key, but when I try to click on them to change them during runtime, it freezes and then crashes.

This is the diagnostic crash report that Unreal gives me
    Code:
    Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000003e8

UE4Editor_AutoSettings!UBindCaptureButton::StartCapture() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\autosettings\source\autosettings\private\inputmapping\ui\bindcapturebutton.cpp:15]
    UE4Editor_AutoSettings!UBindCaptureButton::execStartCapture() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\autosettings\source\autosettings\public\inputmapping\ui\bindcapturebutton.h:16]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4907]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:927]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::execLetObj() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2613]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:997]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessScriptFunction<void (__cdecl*)(UObject *,FFrame &,void *)>() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:828]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1056]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:997]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1081]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4907]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1912]
    UE4Editor_UMG!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::ProcessMulticastDelegate<UObject>() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:488]
    UE4Editor_UMG!UButton::SlateHandleClicked() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\umg\private\components\button.cpp:205]
    UE4Editor_UMG!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UButton,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:649]
    UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::ExecuteOnClick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets\input\sbutton.cpp:385]
    UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::OnMouseButtonUp() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets\input\sbutton.cpp:304]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FToLeafmostPolicy,FPointerEvent,<lambda_6c1f6b862bcfb82ea6dcab28fbcc9463> >() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:372]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerUpEvent() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4617]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5140]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5108]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1958]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:2410]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1638]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:789]
    user32
    user32
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsplatformapplicationmisc.cpp:130]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:4397]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:173]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:263]
    UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\2\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
    kernel32
    ntdll

Comment

Sam Bonifacio : I cannot un-nativize now it seems, the project is too far gone in nativized builds. Can you check for me if your plugin works with nativized packaging?

Comment

Sam Bonifacio : I am also getting the freeze and crash that Azora is talking about above. Already in the editor builds when I run it.

Comment

Azora Husky WRKSGames
          Please check the BindCapturePromptClass in your BindCaptureButton asset is set correctly. There should be a check there though, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

WRKSGames

Nativizing works for me on the example project. What engine and plugin version?
          Can you post or DM me logs from the packaged game where it's failing?
          [Game] Hyper Jam - Neon-soaked arena brawler
          [Plugin] Auto Settings - Game options and input binding toolkit
          [Plugin] [Free] Inline Styling Decorator - Allow inline styling on RichTextBlock

Comment

Sam Bonifacio I am not sure if this makes a difference, but I used the default assets

Comment

I attempted to make my own, checked everything I could edit, and nothing, still the same result as with the default

Comment

I am using 4.24.2 on Windows. The packaging is being done for a WindowsNoEditor build.

Comment

Sam Bonifacio

Ok making some headway in debugging. Its porting a small portion of the widgits from the demo/sample project that causes issues. When you follow yuor migration video and port everything, the dissapearing elements I had no longer happens. However, the selectors and dropdowns are unpopulated. In the packaged build the DefaultRadioSelect does not show up. Nor does the DefaultCombobox. Are these elements requiring a special setting or activity in the packaging for it to export propertly into a packaged build?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blood-Bond--Into-the-Shroud---15_02_2020-17_36_07.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	1721611​​​​​​​
                  Last edited by WRKSGames; 02-15-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Sam Bonifacio Eureka Sam, I have found the problem. Your plugin works perfectly if deployed using the DEVELOPMENT build settings. But...if you build with the SHIPPING flag..it fails. I created a project with your plugin and used your demo content and did the above and reproduced the same issue I had with my own game.

Here is the result in the Input page in the packaged demo build:

Name:	SettingsMenuInBuiltGame.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1721633

And here are the package settings I used to build:

Name:	PackagingSettings.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1721634

Comment

WRKSGames Does it work in shipping without nativization?

This does look like a nativization issue, but now for some reason I can't nativize the example project anymore because of compilation errors in the generated code.

I always find nativization very fickle and unreliable no matter what project I'm working on, especially for UI and UMG widgets which seem to fail disproportionately more than other blueprints.

I would suggest seeing if you can exclude the Auto Settings assets, or at least the ones that appear to break, from the process (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...nts/index.html),
                      and if that doesn't work I think you will have to figure out a way to disable nativization globally again, even if just for testing if that's the issue or not.
                      [Plugin] [Free] Inline Styling Decorator - Allow inline styling on RichTextBlock

Comment

Azora Husky

Please double-check this. I was able to cause a crash in the exact same place by just nulling the class in the StyledBindCaptureButton asset from the example project, because of the missing check I mentioned in the previous post.

Name:	BindCaptureNull.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1721729

If not, can you reproduce the issue in a project that you're able to send me?

Comment

Sam Bonifacio

I just double checked and it always had the class, same with the default asset

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	33
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1721760

I shall attempt to make a new project and replicate the issue

Comment

Sam Bonifacio I made a new project and it worked flawlessly, is there an option or something I should enable or disable to make it work for my project?

Comment

Sam Bonifacio Yup it was the nativization. When I switched to exclusive nativization and excluded the widgits, it worked. That is the first time I have ever seen nativization fail on me. Well well....live and learn Thank you for your help and your very excellent plugin. Left you a nice review on the marketplace and this is shipping in our next build of Blood Bond - Into the Shroud. Keep up the excellent work.

Comment

Working...
                              X