Auto Settings - Game options and input binding toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I am using 4.24.2 on Windows. The packaging is being done for a WindowsNoEditor build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I attempted to make my own, checked everything I could edit, and nothing, still the same result as with the default

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio I am not sure if this makes a difference, but I used the default assets

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Azora Husky WRKSGames
    Please check the BindCapturePromptClass in your BindCaptureButton asset is set correctly. There should be a check there though, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

WRKSGames

Nativizing works for me on the example project. What engine and plugin version?
    Can you post or DM me logs from the packaged game where it's failing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio : I am also getting the freeze and crash that Azora is talking about above. Already in the editor builds when I run it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio : I cannot un-nativize now it seems, the project is too far gone in nativized builds. Can you check for me if your plugin works with nativized packaging?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am using Unreal Engine 4.24.2, and the plugin version is 1.8

I put the input binding mapping for both axis and action into my options menu, and when I run it, it shows the correct key, but when I try to click on them to change them during runtime, it freezes and then crashes.

This is the diagnostic crash report that Unreal gives me
    Code:
    Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000003e8

UE4Editor_AutoSettings!UBindCaptureButton::StartCapture() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\autosettings\source\autosettings\private\inputmapping\ui\bindcapturebutton.cpp:15]
    UE4Editor_AutoSettings!UBindCaptureButton::execStartCapture() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\autosettings\source\autosettings\public\inputmapping\ui\bindcapturebutton.h:16]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4907]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:927]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::execLetObj() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2613]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:997]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessScriptFunction<void (__cdecl*)(UObject *,FFrame &,void *)>() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:828]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1056]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:997]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1081]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4907]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1912]
    UE4Editor_UMG!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::ProcessMulticastDelegate<UObject>() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\uobject\scriptdelegates.h:488]
    UE4Editor_UMG!UButton::SlateHandleClicked() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\umg\private\components\button.cpp:205]
    UE4Editor_UMG!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UButton,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:649]
    UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::ExecuteOnClick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets\input\sbutton.cpp:385]
    UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::OnMouseButtonUp() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets\input\sbutton.cpp:304]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FToLeafmostPolicy,FPointerEvent,<lambda_6c1f6b862bcfb82ea6dcab28fbcc9463> >() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:372]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerUpEvent() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4617]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5140]
    UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5108]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1958]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:2410]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1638]
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:789]
    user32
    user32
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsplatformapplicationmisc.cpp:130]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:4397]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:173]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:263]
    UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\2\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
    kernel32
    ntdll

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam Bonifacio I have not tried it non-nativized. I will give that a go tonight and report back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WRKSGames Does it work if you don't nativize?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zerenety View Post
    Hi, i followed your instructions and everything. I have the UI in my project but when i try to add it to my main menu widget it crashes.
    Hi, please post or DM me:
    - The engine version
    - The plugin version
    - The .log file or crash report
    - Do you mean add it to your menu widget at runtime or in widget editor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, i followed your instructions and everything. I have the UI in my project but when i try to add it to my main menu widget it crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sam Bonifacio View Post
    VRLtqq

It's strange that the example project doesn't work, have you tried the pre-packaged demo? (here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...5G3WaSbWcRTxte)

Is 1280x768w the res you are actually choosing?

Can you try it on another PC?
    Everything is working now, in both example project and in my game. I could swear I tried everything yesterday and it didn't work. Well, I don't know anymore. I suspect the issue was with borderless mode. When borderless is active it is always in native resolution, no matter which resolution is selected in the combo box. I guess it could be that I only tested it with borderless yesterday. Still doesn't work in editor but that is not a problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the Use Default Mappings checked right now, with no manual Mapping Groups added.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh wait, do I have to add rows into the Mapping Groups in the settings for the plugin even if I am using Key Groups? That might be it. Currently the Mapping Groups are totally empty.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sam, your plugin (which is great) worked beautifully when tested in the editor. When I packaged an opened the compiled game the settings inputs were all gone and changed to a generic word, and there were no input objects (sliders, keys) at all. Is this a thing yuo have seen before? I am using Nativization during compile.

Running in Live Packaged:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Blood-Bond--Into-the-Shroud---13_02_2020-10_23_33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	277.2 KB ID:	1720615

Running in Editor:

Click image for larger version

Name:	EditorView.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	1720680
    Last edited by WRKSGames; 02-13-2020, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X