No announcement yet.

Auto Settings - Game options and input binding toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unearthlywhales I haven't seen that before. Is there something in a construction script setting it or something reinitializing the widget?
    [Game] Hyper Jam - Neon-soaked arena brawler
    [Plugin] Auto Settings - Game options and input binding toolkit
    [Plugin] [Free] Inline Styling Decorator - Allow inline styling on RichTextBlock

Comment

Originally posted by itsAcren View Post
      Unearthlywhales I haven't seen that before. Is there something in a construction script setting it or something reinitializing the widget?
      itsAcren No not that I know of, we haven't changed anything in regard to the source code and there is nothing happening in the BP construction scripts. It does seem like it's an initialization thing where on any change it forces it to stick to the DefaultRadioButton. We did change some of UE's source code regarding Widgets like setting Dynamic Creation to Always and Slow Construct off on default. Maybe some other changes could have an impact on it as it does not happen in the example project. At this point I'm trying to find where things can be different but that seems to be the only place things could have an impact as far as I know.

I'm going to check first thing tomorrow with my lead programmer to see if that could be it. Checking all the inheritance based things regarding UMG and see what pops up.

Thanks for the reply, if anything in the mean time pops up where you think the problem might be please let me know. I'll keep you posted if we make any progress.

Comment

itsAcren Ok so problem solved.
        Still not sure why or what but we have a feeling it might have to do with the LoadingPhase settings.
        We solved it by moving the "custom styled" version of the widget in the same folder the "Default" version is in and then it was able to apply it.

Comment

itsAcren

Having some trouble with an xbox build and its looking like the radiobutton isnt loading, I'm not sure. I saw a response to someone else about changing the loadingphase settings. I tried that but still no luck.

Currently set to EarliestPossible.
          Code:
          "Name": "AutoSettings",
          "Type": "Runtime",
          "LoadingPhase": "EarliestPossible",

"WhitelistPlatforms": [
          "Win64",
          "Win32",
          "XboxOne"
          ]
          Any help would be very appreciated! ty

fatal error
          Code:
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: ****DumpDependencies [Dependencies]:
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Export 2 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Linker is ../../../Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/AutoSettings/Content/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.uasset
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_S Import 4 /Script/AutoSettings.RadioButton
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_S Export 0 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:UberGraphFrame (class StructProperty)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_S Export 3 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:MainButton (class ObjectProperty)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_S Export 20 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:TextBlock_0 (class ObjectProperty)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:790][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_S Export 19 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:Clicked (class MulticastInlineDelegateProperty)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_S Import 30 /Script/AutoSettings.Default__RadioButton
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_S Export 7 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:ExecuteUbergraph_DefaultRadioButton (class Function)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep C_BEFORE_S Export 27 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:WidgetTree (class WidgetTree)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep C_BEFORE_S Export 17 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:ComponentDelegateBinding_0 (class ComponentDelegateBinding)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep C_BEFORE_S Export 10 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:GetTextColor (class Function)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep C_BEFORE_S Export 8 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:BndEvt__MainButton_K2Node_ComponentBoundEvent_0_OnButtonClickedEvent__DelegateSignature (class Function)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep C_BEFORE_S Export 5 /AutoSettings/RadioSelect/DefaultRadioButton.DefaultRadioButton_C:Clicked__DelegateSignature (class Function)
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_C Import 16 /Script/UMG.WidgetBlueprintGeneratedClass
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep S_BEFORE_C Import 37 /Script/UMG.Default__WidgetBlueprintGeneratedClass
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Dep C_BEFORE_C Import 4 /Script/AutoSettings.RadioButton
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogStreaming: Error: Missing Dependency, request for /Script/AutoSettings.RadioButton but it hasn't been created yet.
          [2020.11.12-01.29.49:791][ 1]LogXboxOneOutputDevices: Error: appError called: Fatal error: [File:C:/UE_4.24/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/Serialization/AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 3134]
          Could not find SuperStruct RadioButton to create DefaultRadioButton_C

Comment

J_Escape I would check the logs to see if the plugin is actually being initialized on xbox, and maybe try other LoadingPhases too if you haven't already, since some of them seem to work for some people and not for others. (Wish I knew why, it seems very fickle)
            [Plugin] [Free] Inline Styling Decorator - Allow inline styling on RichTextBlock

Comment

Originally posted by itsAcren View Post
              J_Escape I would check the logs to see if the plugin is actually being initialized on xbox, and maybe try other LoadingPhases too if you haven't already, since some of them seem to work for some people and not for others. (Wish I knew why, it seems very fickle)
              Thank you, as you say a bit fickle. not sure when but it just started working eventually. I'll take it

Comment

We're making a racing game, and we noticed that people sometimes accidentally assign steering to the up/down gamepad axis instead of the left/right. What do you suggest to prevent that? Is there a good way of perhaps blacklisting the left stick up/down, or notifying them it's the up/down direction?

Comment

EDIT: Problem solved by deleting Saved folder, looks like it wasn't related to Auto Settings plugin after all.

Closed my project cleanly, nothing seemed wrong. One of the last things I did before closing it was unhooking a part of blueprint for creating a widget that used Auto Settings within it. Then I built the project and tested the build, everything worked fine. After trying to start the project again I got the following error at 45% loading:
                  Code:
                  Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/Templates/Casts.cpp] [Line: 10] Cast of LinkerPlaceholderExportObject /Game/UI_AS/SettingsUI.PLACEHOLDER-INST_of_PLACEHOLDER-CLASS__WidgetBlueprint_1 to Blueprint failed
                  Tried reinstalling the plugin, removing it completely, tried restoring every file that was changed recently from backup, nothing is working. The only thing that changed something was removing the file SettingsUI.uasset, this time I get this error:
                  Code:
                  Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
                  Engine version is 4.25.4, latest version of Auto Settings, Blueprint only project.
                  Last edited by VRLtqq; 12-02-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealNateJ View Post
                    We're making a racing game, and we noticed that people sometimes accidentally assign steering to the up/down gamepad axis instead of the left/right. What do you suggest to prevent that? Is there a good way of perhaps blacklisting the left stick up/down, or notifying them it's the up/down direction?
                    I haven't run into an issue like that before, but if you want to blacklist it you should be able to pretty easily subclass the BindCapturePrompt for this specific input, and override IsKeyAllowed.
                    You could also bind to the OnChordCaptured event to throw up a warning dialog if certain keys are used.

Comment

Working...
                    X