Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Kjoltblod View Post
    Hey Axell! thank you for your diligence, I really like this system. I'm having one issue and I'm not sure why, I just migrated the system into a new project and everything works as expected except all the item tooltips show the name of the item as "Random".
    Is it possible that the naming enum got lost in transition?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Axell! thank you for your diligence, I really like this system. I'm having one issue and I'm not sure why, I just migrated the system into a new project and everything works as expected except all the item tooltips show the name of the item as "Random".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sha_d0h View Post
    Still no word on network replication?
    Hi,
    I'll be honest. I invested quite a bit of time in trying to get it network ready without success.It's more complicated than initially expected. I'm not saying I won't keep trying and working on it in the background, but at this point there are a few other projects that have priority at least for the next month or 2.
    It's probably not the anwer you wanted, but it's the honest truth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still no word on network replication?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by axell699 View Post

Hi,
    The item information for the generated items is saved in a structure. You can use Unreal's built in save system or any of the available save systems on the marketplace to save the structure that contains all the information on the item. And when you load it you just load the information back in the weapon/armor actor.
    Thank you for the reply, I will look into how to use this system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LumberingTroll View Post
    So, there is no save system in this to make use of any items that are created, are you planning to implement a solution for this? if not how do you envision it handling your work? This is a requirement for this system to actually be of use.
    Hi,
    The item information for the generated items is saved in a structure. You can use Unreal's built in save system or any of the available save systems on the marketplace to save the structure that contains all the information on the item. And when you load it you just load the information back in the weapon/armor actor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NinjaBlackHD View Post
    Would we use a struct to make the fixed weapons with fixed stats ? And where would we add the weapons to the list ?
    Hi,
    Each weapon is an child actor of the main weapon class. The actor has a variety of functions for generating the weapon stats. Those functions can be tweaked or you can just input the weapon stats manually to create a unique item.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So, there is no save system in this to make use of any items that are created, are you planning to implement a solution for this? if not how do you envision it handling your work? This is a requirement for this system to actually be of use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would we use a struct to make the fixed weapons with fixed stats ? And where would we add the weapons to the list ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has there been any progress on adding network replication to this? I see that in December 2017 you said it was coming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Imaginalex View Post
    I'm looking for a way to link this to DCS's (Dynamic combat system) items system but i struggle a fair amount achieving it.
    Hi, since i'm not the author of that pack I'm not able to help you but where are you having issues exactly?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm looking for a way to link this to DCS's (Dynamic combat system) items system but i struggle a fair amount achieving it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by evarsor View Post
    axell699 hi i bought your pack but i am struggling to understand how to use it, is there any documentation for this?
    Hi,
    There is no documentation outside the comments inside the pack itself, but if you let me know the part which you are struggling with I will be more than happy to assist you.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    axell699 hi i bought your pack but i am struggling to understand how to use it, is there any documentation for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Killerzwerg View Post
    I have bought this now, but I have two questions:
    1. Why do you use no DataTables?
    2. How do you store the random items in inventory?
    I have created my own random drop system and I have some problems to store the random items (and use them) in inventory, that´s the only reason why I have bought it...
    I hope you want add an example inventory.

Storing items with an item id is easy, but I have no idea how I should do it with random stats and no id´s^^
    I did it for now with many different stats to compare, but it´s a really bad way...
    Hey,
    Each object is stored in a data structure, containing all the stats. It's not difficult to take the stats in that data structure and export it as a data table. Please contact my support email if you need more details.
    help@polyart.io

Leave a comment:

Working...
X