Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generic City Builder - Create your own city builder game! (Using C++)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAUGING INTEREST] Generic City Builder - Create your own city builder game! (Using C++)

Thanks to kenney.nl for his awesome 3d assets!

This is a City Builder Starter Kit with the following features:

Features:
    • A simple city building game made completely in C++.
    • Two types of buildings. Residential and commercial.
    • Citizens are automatically created when player creates Residential buildings.
    • Using AssetManager to load buildings automatically at runtime.
    • Time of day. Whole simulation is mostly based on the time of day system.
    • Calendar system that tracks date, month and year.
    • Citizens generates income at commercial buildings. Daily income of each commercial building is based on nearby residential buildings.
    • All buildings pay taxes at end of every month adding to city income.
    • Commercial buildings has range. More residential buildings close by means more customers and that means more income.
    • Save and load game.
    • Pause/Resume simulation anytime.
    • and more...
    Commercial building shows its range.
    Commercial building shows its range.
    Noon time.
    Afternoon.
    Night time.

Targeted Price: $69.99
    Interested in using this for Educational purpose.
    36.67%
    Interested in using this for publishing a PC game.
    60.00%
    Interested in using this for publishing a VR game.
    11.67%
    Interested in using this for publishing a Mobile game.
    13.33%
    Last edited by ryanjon2040; 09-13-2017, 04:26 AM.
    Vehicle Soccer Template Objective Waypoint System Auto Aim Component Developer Note YetiTech Twit Insta FB YT

yes, just publish this !

Comment

Looking for something similar. City Engine was going to be a good one, but that project was nixed

Looking for pretty much a generator that uses voronoi noise to generate the city. The cell walls being roads, and the cells themselves being the lots. Customizable road materials / meshes, with the ability to use my own buildings. Generating building type districts would be great too. Commercial, residential, etc..
      WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
      World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
      WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

I wish to know one thing and one thing alone: How are you saving/loading? Is it a giant 2D array? If so could you describe the function for iterating through all buildings and returning position and whatnot? Would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
          Looking for something similar. City Engine was going to be a good one, but that project was nixed

Looking for pretty much a generator that uses voronoi noise to generate the city. The cell walls being roads, and the cells themselves being the lots. Customizable road materials / meshes, with the ability to use my own buildings. Generating building type districts would be great too. Commercial, residential, etc..
          Voronoi generator is something we are interested in too but not on this template.

Originally posted by Skunkmeister View Post
          I wish to know one thing and one thing alone: How are you saving/loading? Is it a giant 2D array? If so could you describe the function for iterating through all buildings and returning position and whatnot? Would be nice!
          You guessed it right. For each actor we save all required information to an array of struct and read it back when loading game.
          Vehicle Soccer Template Objective Waypoint System Auto Aim Component Developer Note YetiTech Twit Insta FB YT

Comment

Is this project still alive? Unreal Engine really could do with a city building template. I want to create a game using my isometric art and maybe incorporate Twitch. I have tons of ideas and this would be a great foundation.
            Atoms4D - Indie VR Game atoms4d.com *site needs updating(soon)*
            XAXISvr - A Marketplace for VR Dev's: xaxisvr.com
            Owen Prescott - Official Concept Art & Design: owenprescott.com

Comment

Originally posted by owenprescott View Post
              Is this project still alive? Unreal Engine really could do with a city building template. I want to create a game using my isometric art and maybe incorporate Twitch. I have tons of ideas and this would be a great foundation.
              Its alive but on pause at the moment as we are busy with something else. We will release this using blueprints not c++ because Epic Games doesn't accept c++.

Comment

Originally posted by YetiTech Studios View Post

Its alive but on pause at the moment as we are busy with something else. We will release this using blueprints not c++ because Epic Games doesn't accept c++.
                What do you mean with Epic Games doesn't accept C++ ? There are plenty of plugins using C++ on the marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post

What do you mean with Epic Games doesn't accept C++ ? There are plenty of plugins using C++ on the marketplace.
                  This is a C++ project. Epic accepts C++ plugins not C++ projects that is why we have to recreate the whole project again in blueprints.

We already have a C++ plugin on marketplace:
                  https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/developer-note
                  Last edited by YetiTech Studios; 10-13-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YetiTech Studios View Post

This is a C++ project. Epic accepts C++ plugins not C++ projects that is why we have to recreate the whole project again in blueprints.

We already have a C++ plugin on marketplace:
                    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/developer-note
                    I personally would only be interested in a Blueprints version (w/ Multiplayer Support). Investing dev time into a Blueprints version is a good move.
                    ExORION Sci-Fi Action/Terror FPS needs 3D KitBashers and Blueprinters. Join Our Discord.

Comment

I would seriously pay $70 for the C++ only version (as I prefer C++ for performance reasons), is there anywhere I can get the C++ version of the citybuilder?

Comment

Working...
                      X