Downloading Marketplace Assets on Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Downloading Marketplace Assets on Linux

My day work put me in a situation where I needed to download marketplace assets on a Linux machine. Given the fact that Linux does not support the Epic Launcher and that the Epic Launcher is the only way to download assets, this presented a problem.

I came up with a solution for me, maybe others would like it too.

I made a node.js app that runs in your shell/command prompt/powershell that gives you access to downloading marketplace assets you own. You need to have NodeJS installed, and to log in using the app, for it to work. It will download assets to your current working directory in a subfolder called 'download'. It doesn't have any advanced features like download resuming, caching, etc. like Epic's launcher, but if you're in a pinch, it works. At least it works on Windows / Ubuntu (thats all I've tested).

If you have nodejs installed, getting it is as simple as
    Code:
    npm install -g Allar/ue4-mp-downloader

Theres bound to be bugs. For example, currently Code Plugins result in a 403 (Forbidden) error, and it takes up a little bit more memory than it should. Looking for help with either.

Github for the app: https://github.com/Allar/ue4-mp-downloader
    Last edited by Allar; 10-02-2017, 04:56 PM.

Seriously. You are really the hero. Excellent work.

Comment

Awesome Allar! But it doesn't work for me on ubuntu - after login I only get the source response written to console with "web auth failed" (Yes Credentials are correct). Analyzing the response it doesn't seem to send the required header
      Code:
      ['access-control-expose-headers'] == 'X-EPIC-LOGIN-COMPLETE-REDIRECT'
      And it would be great to implement the epic provided asses from learning tab.
      I don't get it why epic still doesn't support the linux devs with the launcher

And the Repo has been renamed:
      Originally posted by Allar View Post

If you have nodejs installed, getting it is as simple as
      Code:
      npm install -g Allar/ue4-marketplace-downloader
      becomes

Code:
      npm install -g Allar/ue4-mp-downloader
      Last edited by Adnoh; 10-02-2017, 05:50 AM.
      S. Hein, CEO, IT-Consulting Hein - IT-Service and 3D Visualisation

Comment

Originally posted by Adnoh View Post
        Awesome Allar! Stuff....
        Aye, looks like Epic's auth process changed ever so slightly. Problem with writing unofficial third party code, heh.

I've updated the repo and instructions in the first post, you should be able to re-install via npm to get the latest version and it /should/ work.

As for Learn assets and other things, I believe the issue is that the manifest files for these work slightly differently and I haven't had time to isolate and correct for these differences. Maybe some day.

Comment

Is there anyway after new years could you fix your downloader?

Comment

Seems like something changed again. I can log in, and browse my items, but trying to download gives me an error:
            Code:
            Getting item manifest.
            Error getting item manifest. Error code: 403
            Failed to get item manifest. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Error><Code>MissingKey</Code><Message>Missing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value</Message></Error>

Comment

Originally posted by Salamanderrake View Post
              Is there anyway after new years could you fix your downloader?
              SleepProgger fixed it in the fix_download branch (https://github.com/SleepProgger/ue4-...e/fix_download), I'm using it right now.
              Install:
              Code:
              npm install -g https://github.com/SleepProgger/ue4-mp-downloader.git#fix_download
              use like Allar version.
              Attached Files

Comment

I can't login with my Account. I wonder if I can redirect manually my credentials. I am using Centos 7 haha

Comment

Maybe try: https://github.com/Erlandys/UE4LinuxLauncher

Comment

Hi! Just installed v1.3.0. but can'l login with message: "Failed to log in." Any clue?

Comment

Originally posted by thebarz View Post
                      I can't login with my Account. I wonder if I can redirect manually my credentials. I am using Centos 7 haha

for me login is not working

Comment

Working...
                      X