No announcement yet.

Rodents: Rabbit, Squirrel & Rat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question. Where are the enemies array stored in the project. Im trying to make a new one off the AI you build and running into an issue where the new is not exactly matching structures. Thanks in advance.

Got it working thanks for this awesome project .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pbdarcey; 01-08-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Can't seem to get this project loaded. CPU maxes out and launcher gets stuck at 45%. Am a novice when it comes to UE4 so might be missing something obvious. I've selected 'create project' which results in the previous state. If I copy the contents to an existing project, I'm at a loss on how to get it working there.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

I, too, have problems loading this project. I have tried with engine versions 4.18 and 4.19. Launcher gets stuck at 93%. I even downloaded it again.

Comment

How long have you let it sit while it was loading? And what sort of computer are you using? For me it took a few minutes to get everything loaded and the shaders compiled. A quick trick you can do to see what you are getting stuck on is to open task manager and hit the drop down arrow next to UE4, this should show you it is is choking on the shaders. Hope something in there helps!
          For those looking to earn a little money from home during this virus, or any time really: https://www.swagbucks.com/lp-savings...extRb=69551109 A free $3 when you sign up!

Comment

Just sits at 45% project loaded for over 20 mins, seems broken for me.

Comment

any documents on how to set up this project in different projects. I can't seem to set it up it just stands and do nothing in the navmesh]

Comment

Check the Demo level for instructions on how to use the pack with your own levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagual101 View Post
                  Can't seem to get this project loaded. CPU maxes out and launcher gets stuck at 45%. Am a novice when it comes to UE4 so might be missing something obvious. I've selected 'create project' which results in the previous state. If I copy the contents to an existing project, I'm at a loss on how to get it working there.

Anyone got any ideas?
                  Well, leaving it alone for a long time seems to do it. Although, now that I have it loaded, the behaviour is not as expected. Without touching any of the BPs, the actors jump once then only rotate to face away from the player. They will not move again until I've made a different one move. This repeats.

https://youtu.be/Jnrwcjq0xVU

Comment

The Rodents use nav-mesh to get around so you need to build navigation, Click the arrow next to the big "Build" button, then click on Build Paths. If the Rodents are just sitting in place it's usually because they don't have navigation data.
                    The long load times are because of the environment textures in the demo level, those 8K textures take time on slower systems and slower graphics cards. It just takes time to process all those textures. For most newer systems the process will take like 3 or 4 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Living Systems View Post
                      The Rodents use nav-mesh to get around so you need to build navigation, Click the arrow next to the big "Build" button, then click on Build Paths. If the Rodents are just sitting in place it's usually because they don't have navigation data.
                      The long load times are because of the environment textures in the demo level, those 8K textures take time on slower systems and slower graphics cards. It just takes time to process all those textures. For most newer systems the process will take like 3 or 4 minutes.
                      Thanks for the reply, yeah my CPU is a bit of a bottleneck it seems.

Comment

Re-opening the level should be very quick once you get through that first processing phase.

Comment

Opening this level freezes my computer, on v18.3. So that's cool. I can drag the contents folder into my project and check things out there but I don't know how to get the rabbit to run from me and I can't learn from opening up the main level.

How do I get the animals to run from me, please?

Comment

First be sure you have a navmesh volume in your level.
                            Next drag some "Rodent_Path_Nodes" around your level where you want the animals roaming around.
                            Then drag in some animal NPC blueprints into your level (BP_NPC_Rabbit, BP_NPC_Rat, BP_NPC_Squirrel)
                            Next Build Navigation.

To make the rodents run from an enemy- Open the character Blueprint of the enemy.
                            Expand the Actor Section on the right in the Class Defaults. and you should see Tags.
                            Click the + next to Tags to add new tags.
                            Use these enemy Tags: RabbitEnemy, SquirrelEnemy, RatEnemy

All the Rodents should now avoid that enemy.
                            You can follow the example of ==> NpcBot_WithEnemyTags in the ThirdPersonBP>Blueprints Folder.

Hope that was helpful

Comment

Hello. I got this pack when it was "Free for the month". Do I have to buy it now, to use it in projects for sale?

Comment

Yes, you are free to use the Rodents in your commercial projects.
                                Last edited by Living Systems; 02-19-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X