Menu Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarthWayne View Post

I tried around a bit and I think I found what causes your issue: Did you have the plugin enabled, maybe start the editor tutorial and THEN disable it? That's the only way I could reproduce the issue. Looks like the editor does not remove the tutorial reference when the plugin is disabled.

After a lot of trial and error I found a way to fix this: You have to delete some files in your AppData directory. I don't know which files exactly, as I just deleted all files and folders related to UE4 I could find in ...\AppData\Roaming and ...\AppData\Local.

Note: If you delete these files you have to recompile all shaders, which can take some time and your first build afterwards will probably also take longer.
    It took a while to find it. I had to do a lot of trial and error also.
    I found the file to delete:
    \AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\4.18 (or whatever version you are using)

Comment

I just have a small issue with PIE. What I usually do when I start the game in the editor is hit F11 to go to full screen but it doesn't work when I'm in the menu. Any ideas how to work around that?

Comment

Originally posted by speedpacer View Post
        I just have a small issue with PIE. What I usually do when I start the game in the editor is hit F11 to go to full screen but it doesn't work when I'm in the menu. Any ideas how to work around that?
        Some menus have special keyboard input (for example esc for back) and have a function to listen for this input. Most probably one of them consumes the F11 input, so it doesn't get passed on to the PIE. A workaround would be to play in a new PIE window or as Standalone Game. The PIE window is faster, but you can only maximize it but no real fullscreen (if I am not mistaken).

Comment

Hello again !

I found a new problem : If I move a sound slider, it changes the value in game.ini, BUT the sound mix looks unchanged, because I don't hear any changes.
          Weird detail : If I drag the slider cursor to 0, it still cuts the sound !.
          I'm using the default soudclasses and your BP_GameInstance.

Edit : Ok, values from the sliders are between [0-100]. So : I divide them before sending them to class volume. Also, I'm using a Sound Mix and my own classes now with a master one and three children. Looks fine.

Thank
          Last edited by Psychojau; 01-24-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychojau View Post
            Hello again !

Edit : Ok, values from the sliders are between [0-100]. So : I divide them before sending them to class volume. Also, I'm using a Sound Mix and my own classes now with a master one and three children. Looks fine.

Thank
            Thanks for pointing that out. Don't forget to also multiply by 100 when you load the current volumes in the settings widget. I will fix this issue with the next update.

Comment

4.19 Preview its out. Any estimation when the update will be ready? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOverG View Post
                4.19 Preview its out. Any estimation when the update will be ready? Thanks in advance.
                I cannot compile against the preview, as this version would not work with the final 4.19, so ​​​​​​​probably around two weeks after 4.19 release, depending on how much I have to edit and how fast Epic reviews the updated files.

Comment

When I load a level from the level selection I have no problems but I do not understand where is the command inside the bp. I looked for it in wbplevelselection but only find the back command.

I was wondering the best way to load the levels. I noticed that it is quite slow when loading a new level. Perhaps I should use the streaming of the levels instead of the classic load?

thank you

edit: i found where the level load is...the second question remains open
                  Last edited by toyre; 01-31-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

would you have a video tutorial to launch are own games on your menu starter kit
                    https://gyazo.com/2fcb31bc41eedcf1216ce064e5f5e21a DT_Levels

Comment

Originally posted by toyre View Post
                      I was wondering the best way to load the levels. I noticed that it is quite slow when loading a new level. Perhaps I should use the streaming of the levels instead of the classic load?
                      I haven't tried out level streaming yet, but from what I know that's for huge open world maps, that consist of multiple levels.

Originally posted by rgcd View Post
                      would you have a video tutorial to launch are own games on your menu starter kit
                      https://gyazo.com/2fcb31bc41eedcf1216ce064e5f5e21a DT_Levels
                      I don't have any video tutorials, sorry.

Comment

can you tell me where is the script for launches my games I looked in the widjet WBP_MainMenu I do not find

Comment

FIrst of all, top notch plugin, 100 hours saved easy...

However, for some reason the keybinding menu will not display the negative names... Any ideas'???

Comment

Hey,

Any chance for a brief step by step on how to add this menu to one of the sample projects?
                            Such as the third person, I have managed to get the sample running through your documents but am just struggling to get the connection on how to combine the menu with an existing project like the samples.

Menu looks awesome, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rgcd View Post
                              can you tell me where is the script for launches my games I looked in the widjet WBP_MainMenu I do not find
                              Not sure what you are trying to ask me. Are you searching the code where I start a new game? There is a function in BP_GameInstance called "start new game" that does this.
                              Originally posted by Cinco View Post
                              However, for some reason the keybinding menu will not display the negative names... Any ideas'???
                              You need to define two inputs, a positive and a negative one, in your input settings. So instead of Gamepad Left Thumbstick Y Axis use Gamepad Left Thumbstick Up and Gamepad Left Thumbstick Down. If you want or need to use the axis for the input, best make it not rebindable (add the input to the IgnoredAxisMappings array in WBP_SettingsKeyMapping). Otherwise you would need to add some logic to map a keypress to an axis which can get quite tricky in both, UI/UX and code.

Comment

Hi, so far so good, plugin seems good. I have the one issue though, i followed the tutorial the letter , but after adding BPI saveable character to class settings, there is no onsavegame load appearing in my own player character interfaces?. Ive added a cut and paste of on savegame load from the player character example in plugin content but the main pause menu has no load button enabled or load function. It seems to save ok perhaos, but cant tell. Im using 4.18.2, only tested in PIE, but the example map uses load fine in pie.

Comment

Working...
                                X