No announcement yet.

Menu Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same thing I was wondering,is this updated to 4.20 yet?

Comment

I have it working on version 4.20

Comment

The update is online for a week or so. Don't you see the product page updated?

Comment

Hi there! How can i switch to Gamepad controller ?

Comment

Originally posted by hailtothesteff View Post
            I have it working on version 4.20
            did you do it in a new project or an existing project. When I delete the menu starter kit folders already in my existing project , I get a crapload of errors once the new ones are migrated in.

Comment

I took your menu and customized it for my game and I can't have the plugin enabled now, so how do I disable the plugin without causing all the errors?

The following member variables in blueprint 'WidgetBlueprint /Game/BF3MenuRemastered/UserInterface/Widgets/SaveSelection/WBP_SaveSelection_Load.WBP_SaveSelection_Load' have invalid type. Would you like to remove them?

Savegames

One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor?
              BP_Savegame
              Menu_Instance
              WBP_Credits
              WBP_Save
              WBP_SaveSelection_Load
              WBP_Selection
              WBP_Slider
              WBP_SettingsAudio
              WBP_SettingsDisplay
              WBP_Option
              WBP_SettingsGeneral
              WBP_SettingsInput
              WBP_InputAction
              WBP_InputAxis
              WBP_SettingsKeyMapping
              WBP_Settings
              WBP_Category
              WBP_Level
              WBD_Singeplayer
              WBP_MainMenu
              WBP_TitleScreen

Comment

can any one help with the out of date errors please i read through forums but there is nothing saying how to fix it, im on 4.17
                One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor? WBP_SettingsAudio WBP_SettingsDisplay WBP_Option WBP_SettingsInput @DarthWayne

edit nvm fixed it my self
                Last edited by oldnag; 10-18-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Question to author. Judging by demo video, controls remap has only one key/axis set per function. It is a shortcoming of other Main Menu assets i have been checking too. It has to be two or tree "columns" for setting up actions and axis. For example, Lookaround / flying directions has to be set to both mouse axis, and flightstick axis. Also, shooting has to be on both mouse button(s) and flightstick buttons, etc, etc. Can it be done in this asset? Thank You.

Comment

just wondering if anyone has the locked level by default working. I had them all set to true in the DT Levels while working with the game, but now I set it to locked by default to test and it don't seem to work. I just set it them to false in DT levels. I use open level bp's to transition from level to level. just wondering if there is anything else that needs to be done other than the above to get it to work. thanks

Comment

I update my project to 4.21 and I update the plugin, still same issue
                      Changelog 4.20 release

Bugfixes
                      • fixed input mapping showing [None] when the keyboard or gamepad input is missing

when I test menu and inside edit setting key mapping when I change button it will be added automatically action mapping [none] I tried much time but this same issue, Please Help
                      Games developer ( Mystery : Curiosity and seek the truth )
                      Planing to Remake Mystery with new story and make it better and better

Comment

Originally posted by TakeTimeGames View Post
                        I update my project to 4.21 and I update the plugin, still same issue
                        Changelog 4.20 release

Bugfixes
                        • fixed input mapping showing [None] when the keyboard or gamepad input is missing

when I test menu and inside edit setting key mapping when I change button it will be added automatically action mapping [none] I tried much time but this same issue, Please Help
                        Simply changing the engine version in of your project will not update the plugin. You have to install the Menu in your 4.21 engine and then copy the files over into your project, replacing the older files from the previous version. Note: This will obviously overwrite all customizations you made to my blueprints.

Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
                        just wondering if anyone has the locked level by default working. I had them all set to true in the DT Levels while working with the game, but now I set it to locked by default to test and it don't seem to work. I just set it them to false in DT levels. I use open level bp's to transition from level to level. just wondering if there is anything else that needs to be done other than the above to get it to work. thanks
                        The unlocked levels are saved in your savegame. So in order to lock them again, you have to create a new savegame​​​​​​​.

Originally posted by Thunder_Owl View Post
                        Question to author. Judging by demo video, controls remap has only one key/axis set per function. It is a shortcoming of other Main Menu assets i have been checking too. It has to be two or tree "columns" for setting up actions and axis. For example, Lookaround / flying directions has to be set to both mouse axis, and flightstick axis. Also, shooting has to be on both mouse button(s) and flightstick buttons, etc, etc. Can it be done in this asset? Thank You.
                        This menu supports one keyboard and one gamepad mapping per function. If you need more, you have to add a second Input. Like "Fire" and "Fire (alternative)".

Comment

Hi,
                          How can I add the menu to a custom built engine (from source)?

Many thanks
                          Raed Abbas
                          IMDB
                          FACEBOOK
                          Circle Of Time the game

Comment

Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
                            Hi,
                            How can I add the menu to a custom built engine (from source)?

Many thanks
                            First you need to download the plugin for the engine version your custom build is based on:

1. You need to have the engine version, that your custom engine is based on, installed on a Windows PC.
                            2. Download the plugin for the base engine version with the Epic Games launcher.

Now the fun part begins. There are 4 ways you can try (simplest one first):

The quick and simple way (that will probably not work, but worth a try)
                            1) Copy the already compiled plugin from the base engines plugin directory into your custom engines plugin directory.
                            2) Try to activate the plugin.

Let the engine compile the plugin
                            1) Create a new folder called "Plugins" in the root directory of a project created with your custom engine version.
                            2) Copy the plugin into this folder.
                            3) Delete the Binaries and Intermediate folder of the plugin.
                            4) Try to open the project and let the engine recompile the plugin.

Let the engine compile the plugin (with a trick)
                            1) Create a new C++ project with your custom engine version.
                            2) Create a new folder called "Plugins" in the root directory of that project.
                            3) Delete the Binaries and Intermediate folder of the plugin.
                            4) Recreate the .sln file.
                            5) Open Visual Studio and make sure you see the plugin source.
                            6) Compile everything. VS should now create your projects binaries and also the plugins binaries and intermediate files (you need both).

Recompile the engine
                            1) Copy the plugin into your custom engines plugin directory.
                            2) Recompile the engine.

Comment

Does this support coop saves? Basically it saves the main host progress and world but just saves the other players inventory? Making a survival crafting game with base building.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	load-menu.png Views:	1 Size:	491.7 KB ID:	1560376 So there are always 3 or so saves in the slots list . one is save 1 for the manual save , the other 2 say "quick save ". is there a way to remove just the quicksave slots? I noticed in the widget where it shows the quicksave slot and screenshot (WPB_Save) , if any of it is set to hidden , it also hides the "save 1 " manual save slot information. like if I remove the date and time text from the widget that shows the quicksave info(WBP_Save), then the date and time is gone for the manual save slot also. Same with the screenshot. I cant even figure out where the manual save slot text " Save 1 , Save 2 , etc......., even originates from. But its like that widget is tied into all the slots. I disconnected everything that referenced the quick save slot in the widgets bp"s , even deleted the function in the BP_savegame to test , but it still don't go away.Though I noticed that if I delete the "quicksave" text in the widget , the "save 1 , and save 2" etc.... text still shows up for the manual saves. just the date/time and screenshot don't don't show up in the manual saves if removed from the widget. The quicksave slots do not show the the correct date format , but they show the original format that is in the widget blueprints , like - %d.%m.%y.%H:%M. I'd be good with just manual save slots.
                                Last edited by razmaz51; 12-08-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X