Menu Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarisT View Post
    Thanks, so you add the German translation, via localization dashboard, correct?
    Correct, German or any other language you want to support. The localization dashboard is a bit buggy sometimes, so best translate only a few texts first and see if it works.

Comment

Thanks, I'm doing good with your plugin everything seems well commented
      However, I got lost in the DT_General settings a bit, since I wanted to use the function ReadIniValue and wanted to call it from level blueprint.
      Would you please show a simple trigger of events based on, let's say "difficulty settings", like just an example of it to call from level blueprint...
      Based on the 0 or 1 value, to display different condition. I did try using ReadIniValue with switch on string but couldn't make it work.

Where are these inis located, couldn't find the usual folder?

What am I asking is a simple example of "ReadIniValue" how to implement is in level blueprint. Like based on "difficulty value", let's print different texts.

Comment

if I wanted to use the IsDestroyed variable to save actors as destroyed on reload , the array with actor ID's , would it need to be a Boolean as well, an integer? Name?
        Last edited by razmaz51; 06-28-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BarisT View Post
          Thanks, I'm doing good with your plugin everything seems well commented
          However, I got lost in the DT_General settings a bit, since I wanted to use the function ReadIniValue and wanted to call it from level blueprint.
          Would you please show a simple trigger of events based on, let's say "difficulty settings", like just an example of it to call from level blueprint...
          Based on the 0 or 1 value, to display different condition. I did try using ReadIniValue with switch on string but couldn't make it work.

Where are these inis located, couldn't find the usual folder?

What am I asking is a simple example of "ReadIniValue" how to implement is in level blueprint. Like based on "difficulty value", let's print different texts.
          The general settings save the selected index to the ini file. So if your values for difficulty are "Easy", "Medium" and "Hard" and you select "Hard", then "2" will be saved to the ini. In your level blueprint, read the ini value and switch over it (case 0, case 1, case 2, ..., case n). Case 2 would equal difficulty "Hard" in this example. You can find the ini files in the saved directory of your project or AppData for packaged games. I can extend the docs to add an example, don't know when I will come to this though.

Originally posted by razmaz51 View Post
          if I wanted to use the IsDestroyed variable to save actors as destroyed on reload , the array with actor ID's , would it need to be a Boolean as well, an integer? Name?
          An ID is a unique identifier for each actor. You can use any variable type you want, but usually strings or numeric values are used. If you want to use a boolean, you can have max 2 actors (one for value true, one for false).
          Last edited by DarthWayne; 06-29-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

DarthWayne, thanks for the suggestion, I'm doing exactly what you say, trying to switch from strings based on ini values. I check that ini values both in editor gameplay and cooked game are not updated properly(I have to exit and re-enter game to see that the value changes in ini files)

This is my simple set up. I just wanted to turn a light on if the subtitles on settings is read from general settings. It doesn't work, even in the cooked game, even if I select "subtitles off", the light is turned on, which it shouldn't?

Unless I didn't understand what you are suggesting by "switch over with cases"...please help:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	1495489Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.1 KB ID:	1495490

Comment

Well, as usual, 15 minutes after posting you always figure out the solution. My inital set up is wrong. Here is what I did and it works. Didn't test it in the cooked game though.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.3 KB ID:	1495503

Comment

Why don't I save my character coordinates on the map ?

Comment

Working...
                X