Cloudscape Seasons - v1.2d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have checked out the changes into 4.22 rendering up to the today's preview 1 and I already know what is necessary to change into HLSL code inside Cloudscape Seasons to make it work. We will have an specific version for 4.22, meaning that new features will have to be changed on pre-4.22 and 4.22+, hopefully the next release we will end with new features and only have future performance improvements. Luckily we already planned ahead to be this way! Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK we heartily discussed internally and we decided to put some more extra effort and complete the remaining tasks from the road map to the next release, on top of the features in posts above, so:

- extra 1 ms performance gain
    - tornado effect with floating debris
    - lightning effects, but we are not sure we can have rain, but we will have a demo map with the free Epic rain asset from Soul:City
    - 1 extra map to showcase the tornado

The goal is to fully dedicate our time on other assets planned while this one will only receive materials and performance upgrades overtime. We are going to post soon the results and while we are delivering more we still think the next release will happen February.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jacobnvm View Post
    Hi Nilson, just wanted to say thanks for your work and your updates, I'm eagerly awaiting Sky Seasons and Ocean Seasons. Just curious, will owners of Cloudscape receive sky seasons as an update? Or will these two new packs be entirely separate products?
    Cloudscape Seasons and Sky Seasons are separate products, but everyone which purchased Cloudscape Seasons up to January 2019 (it was a time offer) will receive one copy Sky Seasons for free at release upon my request to the Marketplace team at the event, therefore if you purchased it you will receive one copy for FREE. While Cloudscape Seasons is a blueprint asset, Sky Seasons is a C++ plugin, so the latest can't be update for the 1st, and also because the tech used is different in several aspects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Nilson, just wanted to say thanks for your work and your updates, I'm eagerly awaiting Sky Seasons and Ocean Seasons. Just curious, will owners of Cloudscape receive sky seasons as an update? Or will these two new packs be entirely separate products?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
    new release 1.3 in the first weeks of February 2019:
    - new naming for materials to help figure which release they belong to
    - new cloud types complementing the ones from original package
    - major cloud shape overhaul and extending clouds to horizon following sphere curvature
    - new map containing an animated environment showing not only day and night cycles, but also cloud shape and coverage evolution
    - two new map showing custom cloud shapes
    - follow camera mode on (X,Y) axis
    - performance overhaul reduction of 2ms from release 1.0

After launch the work on tornado, lightning and rain will be resumed with expected release around March/April 2019.
    We will anticipate 2 features from the road map into the 1.3 release (they were planned for 1.5) as the reaction from the community was great on the latest video about it:

- stylized clouds for anime/cartoon type games
    - 04 extra scenarios with anime/cartoon clouds

This will make the amount of demo maps a lot bigger (12 in total), but I think it is for the best of the asset comprehension and quick setup starting from some point.
    Last edited by NilsonLima; 02-03-2019, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking at some stylization on the cloudscapes and combined with one of the stylized environment which went free some time ago at the Marketplace, results here:

PS: that word doesn't exist

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While modeling some clouds, by accident saw an interesting shape, so doing some tweaks here and there, bump: Waterfalls!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    new release 1.3 in the first weeks of February 2019:
    - new naming for materials to help figure which release they belong to
    - new cloud types complementing the ones from original package
    - major cloud shape overhaul and extending clouds to horizon following sphere curvature
    - new map containing an animated environment showing not only day and night cycles, but also cloud shape and coverage evolution
    - two new map showing custom cloud shapes
    - follow camera mode on (X,Y) axis
    - performance overhaul reduction of 2ms from release 1.0

After launch the work on tornado, lightning and rain will be resumed with expected release around March/April 2019.
    Last edited by NilsonLima; 01-31-2019, 08:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Just making final adjustments on the next release 1.3, this is the WIP on the cloud shapes with real 3D noise with LoD (before we had 2D noise with LoD).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks to the excellent sales over the last 3 months, I could give more time into this project videos, support and improvements and I am happy to announce that release 1.3 is almost ready and expected release is February. Major overhaul in cloud shapes and extending to the horizon curvature, thanks to the experience working with Sky Seasons development in parallel. Even thou, Sky Seasons will be aesthetic more pleasant compared with Cloudscape Seasons, several things are still planned for this last one.

Thanks for you support and enjoy the incoming features!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just some experiments for later put a comparison with SkySeasons and found this little project from Elhoussine Mehnik called Aircraft Physics and give it a try:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LukeVillanueva View Post
    Thank Nilson!. I watched the videos and I'm going to start making my own. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for doing the videos and helping me out.

Cheers and happy new years,
    Luke.
    Another customer watched the videos and liked the cloudy rings. He created a material which updates a render target making a spiral rotating (pure math nodes, so fast) and used that render target as the mask texture for the top layer. He didn't show me, but I can imagine how pretty it was.

Good luck on your project!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank Nilson!. I watched the videos and I'm going to start making my own. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for doing the videos and helping me out.

Cheers and happy new years,
    Luke.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SashaHush View Post
    Perhaps I have missed a post about this, the issue i'm seeing is that some of the smoke particles that come with starter content seem to render behind the cloud. Would this be possible to fix? Perhaps change the render order? Thanks!
    Since the material applied to the cube where the clouds are drawn is sort of translucent material, it suffers from sort issues like any other translucent material. Inside the BP_CloudscapeViewer you have a component mesh called CloudscapeMesh, click on it and at the details panel on the right search for "Translucency Sort Priority" which has a value of 999 (default is 0). This value tells that the cube mesh must have priority on the sorting among any other translucent material elsewhere.

So to solve an issue like yours, you need to change the "Translucency Sort Priority" to a value higher than 999 for any other mesh which needs to cover the clouds. For a particle system, you can only change this value at its instances dropped into the level!

Cheers!
    Last edited by NilsonLima; 01-03-2019, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perhaps I have missed a post about this, the issue i'm seeing is that some of the smoke particles that come with starter content seem to render behind the cloud. Would this be possible to fix? Perhaps change the render order? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X