No announcement yet.

Cloudscape Seasons - v1.2d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently testing UE4.23 with the current Cloudscape Seasons 1.2d release to mark it as compatible, while we are still working to fix the issues for the new 1.5 release among all engine releases, which we have mostly fixed and changed some features that required us to retest them all over. It is expected also some time for the Marketplace team to make it available because I will ask for a complete review on the asset, since it uses some Epic material for the demo maps, there are lots of new assets which I am providing the source files (Blender files, FBX files and Photoshop files) and the C++ code which I have used to generate some procedural textures (Blue Noise in different flavors and resolutions) and the reference materials used to make the new features (where that happened) which will all be included in a text file.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Cloudscape Seasons is marked as compatible with UE4.23. Keep in mind that Realtime Raytracing is still in Beta and with features missing, mainly the ability to show reflections of translucent materials which is key in relation for our asset to work properly. I have made a video showing to Epic the issues I got so far (with release 1.2d) and there you guys can understand what I am talking about. Epic is looking into it, but don't rely on your future projects to be dependent on Realtime Raytracing for all features, but right now in the current engine state, you can have amazing AO and shadows, which in raster mode there are several issues (ie shadow acne to name one), therefore there are plenty of benefits already.

This is the video:
      Nilson Lima

Comment

release 1.5 progress:

- 4.17: new features OK, optimizations OK
        - 4.18: new features OK, optimizations OK
        - 4.19: new features OK, optimizations 3/4 OK
        - 4.20: new features 10/10 OK, optimizations 3/4 OK
        - 4.21: new features 10/10 OK, optimizations 3/4 OK
        - 4.22: new features 9/10 OK, optimizations 2/4 OK
        - 4.23: new features 9/10 OK, optimizations 2/4 OK

We are getting there, it is just too work on debugging so many different versions from source to understand why something works on previous releases and not on currently ones. Meanwhile the ending result which I didn't show yet in any video, will be far superior and I am sure everyone will enjoy the visual and performance. Don't forget to join our Discord server where news get there a bit earlier sometimes.
        Nilson Lima

Comment

release 1.5 progress:

- 4.17: new features OK, optimizations OK
          - 4.18: new features OK, optimizations OK
          - 4.19: new features OK, optimizations 4/4 OK
          - 4.20: new features 10/10 OK, optimizations 4/4 OK
          - 4.21: new features 10/10 OK, optimizations 4/4 OK
          - 4.22: new features 9/10 OK, optimizations 2/4 OK
          - 4.23: new features 9/10 OK, optimizations 2/4 OK

I am already working on all the video tutorials, since it seems the new features will not change the operation while they are getting fixed among the latest UE4 releases. Don't forget to join our Discord server, currently with 300+ people registered and where news get there a bit earlier sometimes.
          Nilson Lima

Comment

The update for release 1.5 will cover all current engine releases (4.17 up to 4.23), the next planned update will be release 2.0 and with that some few changes:

- new cloud models needs features present only in latest engine releases (in this case volume textures which started in 4.21)
            - all particle systems for rain and snow effects will change from Cascade to Niagara (Cascade will be kept in the package)
            - terrain in the demo maps will use virtual texturing (started in 4.23)
            - blueprint widgets to help setup and check missing parameters (started in 4.22 the way we like it most)

These changes and therefore the release 2.0 will start at the release for UE4.24.
            Nilson Lima

Comment

While still wrapping up the videos and demo maps changes to improve the visual for the new features, we are working in parallel in Cloudscape Seasons 2, which will be a free update to the package for all owners and it will include hot features:

- Improved effects for night sky
              - Improved Sun effects
              - The cloud coverage area will jump from 400Km2 (20 x 20Km) to 1600Km2 (40 x 40Km). We are studying if 80Km x 80Km is possible aswel... it has to be power of 2 unfortunately.
              - Clouds with 8 times more details will be possible

I hope to bring some pictures and videos soon!

Nilson Lima

Comment

Since we started the development of Cloudscape Seasons and for the UE4 Marketplace, we have few goals in mind:
                - make something nice to have for learning purposes for any gamedev
                - make something visually compelling
                - understand how the marketplace works
                - understand how people feel about the assets being sold there

those goals were quite interesting and sort of reached. We discovered few things about it:
                - the marketplace were created with the introduction of UE4, this means 5 years and it lacks several features asked since day one, which is sad;
                - the lack of tools available in the marketplace make it very difficult to be considered a source of income for a living;
                - poor actions related to content piracy;
                - bad quality reviews for several assets;
                - poor design decisions on every (and sparse) action of improvement towards the marketplace;

Although the experience overall is positive as a learning perspective and we will still offer several assets under development at the UE4 Marketplace, but we think that to prevent certain experiences, we will create our own store in the near feature, coming right next to the release of our new website along with the new brand for the new company.

To have a closure on this experience, we will do some actions we think are nice and everyone would be happy with:
                - starting November/2019 the Cloudscape Seasons will have its price cut by 50% permanently;
                - all owners of Cloudscape Seasons will be eligible to a FREE copy of Sky Seasons (when it launches) for all purchases made from October/2017 up to October/2019 only;

Thanks everyone of the 500+ UE4 developers involved in this experience, being as purchasers, Youtube subs, twitter followers, Discord members, we really do appreciate!
                Nilson Lima

Comment

I doubt that sellers of plugins of Unity and Unreal Engine 4 are making more money with their own shops instead of selling just on the official stores.
                  Obviously if I am wrong you will leave the marketplace and make more money with your shop and that's good for you. But if I am not wrong you will be forced to get back on the marketplace despite its issues and shortcomings.
                  Anyway Thank You for giving your next Sky Seasons plugin free to existing customers of Cloudscape Seasons. So I will have the option to use Sky Seasons for better performance if and when I will have finished my first game project.

Comment

DarkS474 I will not leave the UE4 Marketplace, but some future assets might not come here first, but my own shop instead. We do not plan on selling for a living, too unstable to think this way. The assets will always be low cost, to spread knowledge or just beauty. For a living we will still focus on film and games which we are far from start/completion, and the company is now splitting and we will appear soon with a new brand aswel.
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

As stated at the post #172 in this thread, the price for the asset is permanently set at 50% discount.

The videos for the future update 1.5 are going well, with few adjustments in the demo maps to improve the experience. Right now, we will end with 15 demo maps and approx. 10GB for the entire content, where 80% belongs to the demo maps.

As soon we are ready to sent to the Marketplace team, we will post the new pictures and videos/tutorials.
                      Nilson Lima

Comment

Working...
                      X