Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I look forward to it! I can hardly wait

Comment

It will delay for a week thou, Im sorry but something came up that will need urgent attention from me regarding all the activies being done, just for you guys to understand, in case anyone havent reading the Marketplace forums about copyright, check this: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...tected-content

The asset is fine, no issues with it, but I have other works at the Studio that need just to stop to be rethinked... main reason for the delay.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda
      Art is a state of Spirit
      UE4 Marketplace:
      Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Version 1.2 is under test and I hope to release it before the HowTo's video series in few days. This is what is planned for it:

- new cloud types complementing the ones from original package, just material instances (v.1.2 - Jan 2018)
        - add blinking effect at stars and some movement (v.1.2 - Jan 2018)
        - new map containing an animated environment showing not only day and night cycles, but also cloud shape and coverage evolution (v.1.2 - Jan 2018)
        - adding simple circular trajectoty to the Sun and Moon (you set the angle from the sun position as a curve) as a secondary option using just the time of the day from the calendar (v.1.2 - Jan 2018)
        - adding two new modes for the calendar, that overrides the current time displacement based on longitude and latitude, as the time passes, you can set how much time is for daylight, nightlight, day to night transition and vice-versa, also a mode based on event, so this way you can send a command to start changing from day to night and vice-versa, giving you the ability to control this event during gameplay and/or cinematic in an easy fassion - (v.1.3 - Feb 2018) - we are anticipating this one.
        - fixes over last submission:
        a) moon not projecting cloud shadows - found Jan 10th 2018;
        b) layer 1 mask texture default value missing - found Jan 9th 2018;
        c) not possible to change the Z axis for the blueprint BP_CloudscapeViewer - found Dec 27th 2017;
        d) moon is transparent and you can see the stars through it - found Jan 16th 2018;

The fourth item basically you can tell how the system will behave, creating cloudscape states, interpolating between them, telling how long the states and the transitions are. This enable a control similar of that offered by TrueSky, with advantages that the states are reusable, you can model the cloudscape behavior covering any timespan you want: from a minute to a year. Just stay tunned, that I will release a video prior submission.
        Last edited by NilsonLima; 01-16-2018, 09:55 AM.
        Nilson Lima
        Art is a state of Spirit
        UE4 Marketplace:
        Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Wow, that sounds like it's going to be incredible!

Comment

Also fixing over last submission:

a) moon not projecting cloud shadows - found Jan 10th 2018;
            b) layer 1 mask texture default value missing - found Jan 9th 2018;
            c) not possible to change the Z axis for the blueprint BP_CloudscapeViewer - found Dec 27th 2017;
            d) moon is transparent and you can see the stars through it - found Jan 16th 2018;
            Last edited by NilsonLima; 01-16-2018, 09:56 AM.
            Nilson Lima
            Art is a state of Spirit
            UE4 Marketplace:
            Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Spending the day recording videos for the HowTo video series... in this one a small sample of an Epic cloudscape being modeled: https://youtu.be/JuTwpH7bkUI
              Nilson Lima
              Art is a state of Spirit
              UE4 Marketplace:
              Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

On your roadmap I don't see anything about the ability to add multiple suns/moons and/or planets orbits.. I'd like to be able to add planets created with a planet generator ... if you added support to add multiple orbits for those.. like even having 2 suns and 3 moons and a couple of planets at different distances, some looking huge other smaller in the sky and moving at different speeds.
                I see that ability to set how many hours a day is made of is set to happen in June 2018 .. I hope it will get implemented sooner... I need some planets having days of more than 24 hours here on Earth for the game I am developing.
                Last edited by DarkS474; 01-12-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I didnt put the ability to put multiple suns/moons in the roadmap because it increases complexity a lot. I put it in the howto series because people want to know how, so I will guide the implementation in the video. The point on controlling the orbits individually is not that difficult, since the function to calculate the orbits are inside the BP_TheMoon and BP_TheSun, these blueprints can have different functions to calculate the orbits and be used setting the instances accordingly.

The complexity resides in the main raymarch material and the main blueprint, already expensives, where it will need to add more parameters to handle the additional directional lights and the ability to use the combination of each contributing light (like when two or more different suns are present in the sky) to the scattering effect at the clouds... it might also happen that too many suns may cause almost no shadowing at the cloud body reducing a lot the quality, since the overall beauty comes just for the shadowing part. The sky sphere material and its blueprint will also need to receive changes, thou quite easy.

As we can have a duplicate material just for this experiment, following the videos to add simultaneously another sun + moon is quite enough for the audience create their own material and be able to add more in the future using it as reference.

Overall, the roadmap is already filled with neat stuff and Id like to have a complete system before moving to specific implementations and in this case probably replicating more blueprints.

Nilson Lima
                  Art is a state of Spirit
                  UE4 Marketplace:
                  Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

I am working against the clock to see if I could update the package on the Multiplayer support for the version 1.2 this January, thou Im not that much expert on this (doing a course with this topic) we have ourselves needing this for our game and two other customers that would like to have it aswell. Lets see if this goes well or if QA will dismiss it.

Actually the version 1.2 is scheduled to be submitted to MP at January 17th, we got both versions (with and without multiplayer) in test, the deadline is this for now.
                    Nilson Lima
                    Art is a state of Spirit
                    UE4 Marketplace:
                    Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

This is the integration of Cloudscape Seasons with NeOcean asset from Jonathan Light: https://youtu.be/mXcS-rBRc1Q

Be sure to check the video little details in order to have them work together!
                      Nilson Lima
                      Art is a state of Spirit
                      UE4 Marketplace:
                      Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Working...
                      X