PaperZD State machine and Event system extension for Paper2D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    Can I ask you to consider how much it would cost to make it yourself?

This asset it already great value at full price, let alone with the current discount!
    I'm worried about is that epic will update the paper2d function in the future, which will conflict with your plug-in.

Comment

Heya! this plugin took about 3 full time month from an engineer to:

- Read all the source from unreal engine.
      - Understand it (there's absolutely no documentation about engine source code), let alone about the Graph Editor inner functions, even less on the Custom Compiler needed to work.
      - Code it.
      - Maintain and update it (ongoing).

That's about a $6000 investment we made (based on market price), so we believe 50$ it's pretty cheap.

The plugin is already on sale with $15 off, so you can buy it now if it fits your budget, but we won't be lowering the cost more than that.

If paper2d is updated (hopefully), we will update our plugin, we have been updating and maintaining the plugin since version 4.15 and always fixing issues as they appear (given that our own game uses PaperZD).

Hope that answer your questions, feel free to PM me if you have any questions that i can answer.

P.S. Thanks Chris Wilson !

Comment

For anyone interested, we're creating a showcase section on our webpage and gathering interesting projects that are using our plugin for that.

If you are creating something awesome and want to be part of our showcased team, please send me a PM with info of your project, link to your page and a picture.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. NullBlack AnimConduit development started, will be completed after the weekend, after due testing. Details can be seen on the Trello, but for the moment we will create the animconduit as if, and then concentrate on how to modify it for the AnimTransition to make sense there
        Last edited by HeavyBullets; 06-07-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Will this plugin have BUG when I pack the game?
          Now, I think I can buy this plugin.
          What is the latest version of the UE4?

Comment

Hey, i already answered on discord, but will put an answer here for other people to check it out.

Will this plugin have BUG when I pack the game?
            It shouldn't, we have tested the plugin A LOT, but there's only a finite amount of testing permutations that we can do. Nevertheless we prioritize bugs when they do appear. As a general rule though, we don't go selling things we know won't work.

What is the latest version of the UE4?
            The latest ue4 version, as of now, is 4.19. If you mean the plugin version, there's a "info" section on the plugin page that precisely explains which version each plugin is available for.

Cheers

Comment

AnimConduits are now implemented, will enter a testing period to ensure they are good to be deployed.
              More info here:

https://trello.com/c/0ufRh3Uy/10-animconduits

After this we will be adding a TreeView to the AnimSequences and deploy version 1.2.4
              This wil mark a break on development, because i need to concentrate on Creature2D support which i need to implement ASAP.

Still not sure if Creature support will be given inside the plugin itself, or as an external plugin, because i need the symbols from kestrel and updating paperzd at the same time as Creature2D could be problematic.

Most probably the best way to approach this kind of add ons will be to create a "Registration" interface which external tools can opt-in, so you can add AnimSequence and AnimBP support.

Comment

Finished Conduits and 4.19 Blueprint Compilation Manager support... i'm currently doing 4.20 support... they changed like... all the API so there's 350+ errors i have to solve before uploading all this.

Comment

EDIT: Removed 4.19 for the moment as i found a bug.. will upload it again when it's done
                  Edit2: 4.19 up again, bug solved

NOTE: As always guys, remember to back up your projects before upgrading PaperZD Version. Any issues that could arise, don't hesitate to contact me, I test the plugin thoroughly but i cannot test every edge case.

Still processing by marketplace but currently:

Uploaded version 1.2.4

Changelist:

- Re organized compiler and added compilation manager support for 4.19

- Added STreeView on the AnimSequences

- Added AnimConduits

- Fixed crash that happens when trying to use Sequencer animations on a character without an AnimBP setup

- Fixed hiccups on non-looping AnimSequences.
                  Last edited by HeavyBullets; 07-11-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

happy to see Conduits implemented, but I'm running into a rather crippling problem: the game auto-crashes when it loads the PaperZD Anim BP.

Code:
                    Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_Engine!UEdGraph::GetAllChildrenGraphs() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\edgraph\edgraph.cpp:340]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!UBlueprint::GetAllGraphs() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\blueprint.cpp:1542]
                    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FRegenerationHelper::LinkExternalDependencies() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\kismet2\blueprinteditorutils.cpp:1096]
                    UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintEditorUtils::LinkExternalDependencies() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\kismet2\blueprinteditorutils.cpp:1557]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!UBlueprint::RegenerateClass() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\blueprint.cpp:649]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::RegenerateBlueprintClass() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:580]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::FinalizeBlueprint() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:1664]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::Preload() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3353]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4027]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExportAndPreload() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2746]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::LoadAllObjects() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2908]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1328]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::VerifyImportInner() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2423]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::VerifyImport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2179]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::VerifyImportInner() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2471]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::VerifyImport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2179]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateImport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4173]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::ResolveAllImports() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:1487]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::FinalizeBlueprint() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:1577]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::Preload() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3353]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4027]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::IndexToObject() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4250]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3648]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExportAndPreload() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2746]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::LoadAllObjects() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2908]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1328]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::VerifyImportInner() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2423]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::VerifyImportInner() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2471]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateImport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4173]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::IndexToObject() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4285]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateImport() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4132]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::ResolveAllImports() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:1487]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::FinalizeBlueprint() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:1577]
                    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackage() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1436]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::LoadMap() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10889]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::Browse() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10373]
                    UE4Editor_Engine!UGameInstance::StartGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:440]
                    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Init() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2759]
                    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:153]
                    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
                    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
                    UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
                    kernel32
                    ntdll
                    The AnimBPs can exist in the project, but if I link one up in a character or otherwise load one in the game, it crashes as soon as it starts.

only clues I can give is that it seems to be related to 4.19 (I skipped over 4.18, so don't know if it applies there), and it predates the recent plugin updates. I had thought it was caused by trying to convert my 4.17 project to 4.19 (because, in past, UE4 has had all the stability of a card castle on a wobble board), but having recently tried recreating the project manually, the error still hits.

Comment

Hey there NullBlack , if you can, join us on our discord where we can exchange information faster.

https://discord.gg/f5zVchr

Also, if you can create a repo project so i can check it out more easily it would speed up a lot the debugging.

sorry for the error, i'll try to fix it ASAP

Comment

Following the new RevShare, and because itch.io was 5 dollars cheapier due to the revshare.. i updated the price on ue4 marketplace to be the same as the itch.io, is not much of a discount but now both sites are equal in term of costs.
                        Last edited by HeavyBullets; 07-13-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

That's pretty cool of you man I don't mind the previous price it was more than fair for what you guys are offering really. Paperzd truly simplifies animations in complex 2d games. Before getting this I tried literally every way to manage the huge amount of states for my character and no matter what I did it was a nightmare to deal with. This helps bring a decent level of sanity to the whole process.

Comment

Working...
                          X