Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first heard people discussing a 'no crossed BP wires' rule I thought it was a joke, a hyperbole to make fun of the ridiculous and nonsensical requirements Epic has on marketplace products.

List of Black Fang Technologies' projects -> https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ogies-Projects

Comment

[MENTION=50524]jayice[/MENTION], Have you had any BPs rejected with crossed wires but clean setup as in the picture you posted?
      I think for the most part crossed wires thing indicates the setup should be reasonably clean and understandable when someone other than the creator looks at it.
      As for myself I had very chaotic material graphs long ago but even though there was no crossed wires rule for materials I've strives for much cleaner and better organized materials because I know a lot of people just want to learn/modify them.
      But well, I don't know if they're rejecting submission for just having crossed wires regardless of whether it's clean or not. If that's the case then it's really weird, as weird as connecting 0 to metallic (which got resolved fortunately).
      Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 08-04-2017, 08:40 PM.
      Artstation
      Join the support channel
      Gumroad Store

Comment

Hi all.
        [MENTION=29169]Smarkoff[/MENTION]
        I had read almost everything and I have a suggestion: why not to try to separate your checklist in 2 parts (strict rules and optional)? Maybe this will help to solve some misunderstandings.

For example:

1) strict rules - like 'Submission in Unreal Engine 4' or 'Asset scaled correctly', - no cheating, pack MUST follow these requirements.

2) optional - like 'No overlapping UVs' or 'Assets are modular' - these points are not needed to all pack types.

Cheers,
        Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
          [MENTION=50524]jayice[/MENTION], Have you had any BPs rejected with crossed wires but clean setup as in the picture you posted?
          I think for the most part crossed wires thing indicates the setup should be reasonably clean and understandable when someone other than the creator looks at it.
          As for myself I had very chaotic material graphs long ago but even though there was no crossed wires rule for materials I've strives for much cleaner and better organized materials because I know a lot of people just want to learn/modify them.
          But well, I don't know if they're rejecting submission for just having crossed wires regardless of whether it's clean or not. If that's the case then it's really weird, as weird as connecting 0 to metallic (which got resolved fortunately).

Yes, I have had BPs rejected over crossed wires, and have been told, that none are allowed. Like mentioned earlier, I was rejected, and a friend sent a screen shot of something that passed, which had far more (mine was 2 functions). I'm not here to dredge up old things, what I am trying to accomplish.

1. Give as much feedback as possible
          2. try to give input to Epic, to encourage that the requirements for BP assets are as empirical as can be.

Bottom line is, I would like to see the Epic's MP move to a point that a person when submitting a pack, can know with a high degree of confidence that the pack is going to pass inspection. This can be accomplished, by reducing the amount of subjectivity involved, and having the requirements laid out as good as they can be.

But the commenting is just as big a deal as anything else. I have no axe to grind here, what I do want is to be able to submit an asset and know with 99% certainty it's going through. While some may say that's impossible. My response is, "I know it will be impossible, if I or someone else, never says a word..."

Hence I'm talking about it, and bringing up examples.

Comment

Working...
          X