Modular Fantasy Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Product released! Here is the new official thread for the Majestic Fantasy series. =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stucki View Post
    looks like a lovely pack to me.
    Only thing that really hurts my eyes is the low poly segments in the curves. its to obvious ....
    i would consider creating a level 0 lod with more polygons, so it really looks round ...
    kind regards
    stucki
    Hey Stucki, thanks for the feedback. =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks like a lovely pack to me.
    Only thing that really hurts my eyes is the low poly segments in the curves. its to obvious ....
    i would consider creating a level 0 lod with more polygons, so it really looks round ...
    kind regards
    stucki

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will be submitting to the marketplace over the weekend. Check out the latest screenshots for both the day and night example environment here and here!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finished the last pieces, here is the door. All that's left now is to polish up the materials, lightmaps and collisions. Shouldn't be long before this is ready to submit/release. =)

Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	1381390Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	456.2 KB
ID:	1381391Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	536.9 KB
ID:	1381392Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	466.5 KB
ID:	1381393Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	1381394Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	460.2 KB
ID:	1381395

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by macoll View Post
    I love your design, yar !! Keep up
    Thanks Oliver! =)

Originally posted by RaaYaar View Post
    Wow, looks really awesome! Can't wait to see the final version...
    Appreciate it RaaYaar! I'm looking forward to the final version as well. =)

Originally posted by franktech View Post

macoll

Thanks, it took me many hours of hard work Macoll. Er wait, who am I again?
    No, seriously, all past 'bad jokes' aside this is turning into a real masterpiece!
    Took me a second to get that haha. And thanks, really cool to see how it's developed since I first envisioned it. =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by macoll View Post
    macoll

Thanks, it took me many hours of hard work Macoll. Er wait, who am I again?
    No, seriously, all past 'bad jokes' aside this is turning into a real masterpiece!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, looks really awesome! Can't wait to see the final version...

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Reworked the lighting and post process, along with some of the materials. I have another couple of meshes to add and then I'll be done on that front (The door). I will also be providing more information about this series/style in a future post so stay tuned for that. =)

I have plenty more screenshots to show, but the forums already ridiculous file size limit seems to have been reduced even further (500 kb) and I am not comfortable uploading crappy quality shots. Once the product is finished I will be able to post higher res shots from Artstation here. Until then, here are a few new shots from twitter - https://twitter.com/SE_JonF/status/926282904723951617

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Major update. Changed many of the materials and optimized others. Got the majority of the architectural assets in game. All that remains is the props, and to polish some of the existing assets a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	1378390
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by franktech View Post

Hey dude... I see you're keeping busy!

Hadn't looked at this pack until now, as I had assumed it was targeted at a different audience.
    However, this is one of the first packs I've seen that crosses-genres of game design really well.
    Fantasy is the wrong heading, just 'Epic' is better: Epic-Sci-fi and Epic-fantasy-fortress-castle.
    The large ceilings are reminiscent of sci-fi galactic empires (specifically reminds me of Dune)!

Sure make the materials stone like, but include the metal-look as an option for us sci-fi heads!
    Hey Franktech!

It's actually funny you mention that, because it can be used for futuristic sci-fi-fantasy environments as well. In fact I will even be including sci-fi lighting sources in addition to fantasy ones for just that reason. =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Yeah if I'm being honest I'm not 100% satisfied with the material work yet. Definitely something I will be improving as I continue to work on this. Getting out of the futuristic workflow has been a challenge, but one that I aim to overcome.
    Hey dude... I see you're keeping busy!

Hadn't looked at this pack until now, as I had assumed it was targeted at a different audience.
    However, this is one of the first packs I've seen that crosses-genres of game design really well.
    Fantasy is the wrong heading, just 'Epic' is better: Epic-Sci-fi and Epic-fantasy-fortress-castle.
    The large ceilings are reminiscent of sci-fi galactic empires (specifically reminds me of Dune)!

Sure make the materials stone like, but include the metal-look as an option for us sci-fi heads!
    Last edited by UnrealEnterprise; 10-28-2017, 02:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Testing testing testing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    More progress. There will be verticality elements in this room (large stairs, second floor) as well as a focal point in the center of the pillars. More to come soon. =)

Click image for larger version  Name:	30.jpg Views:	2 Size:	401.9 KB ID:	1376432Click image for larger version  Name:	31.jpg Views:	2 Size:	393.0 KB ID:	1376433Click image for larger version  Name:	32.jpg Views:	2 Size:	392.7 KB ID:	1376434Click image for larger version  Name:	33.jpg Views:	2 Size:	407.0 KB ID:	1376435

Leave a comment:

Working...
X