No announcement yet.

Modular Fantasy Environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also large picture frames would fit well on the walls, maybe even with intruded wall niches, and flags, emblems ...
    LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

I would like to have some variants for banners, yeah. As for statues, nothing is set in stone with that just yet. But if it does happen I will do it in a larger hallway variant that is more accommodating to it. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Since i mentioned SunTemple, the cubes in the middle, one of my favorite materials (from the looks) ... notice the reflections.

Click image for larger version

Name:	materials.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	475.0 KB
ID:	1131628

Also notice the contrast, columns very bright, then red, roofs also red-white.
        Last edited by unit23; 07-27-2017, 06:27 PM.
        LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

I don't want to go with too much reflective metal in the example environments. I'm going for a different look. But you're free to do as you please when it's released. The meshes are setup in a way where all you have to do is apply your preferred material. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Here's a room that can be used to break up the hallways. Plan to add unique wall elements to it in the future, and possibly something in the center.

Name:	22.jpg
Size:	705.9 KB
ID:	1131865

Name:	23.jpg
Size:	794.7 KB
ID:	1131866

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	729.5 KB
ID:	1131867

Name:	25.jpg
Size:	905.8 KB
ID:	1131868

Name:	26.jpg
Size:	755.9 KB
ID:	1131869

Name:	27.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	828.2 KB
ID:	1131870

Comment

I'm liking this a lot so far. Its offers something very distinct from other packs available, but not in a way that would prevent you from integrating it with other assets. I really like the high ceilings.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRang666 View Post
                I'm liking this a lot so far. Its offers something very distinct from other packs available, but not in a way that would prevent you from integrating it with other assets. I really like the high ceilings.
                Thanks BlackRang!

I'll probably throw in a shot sometime in the future with the mannequin in the scene so people can get a good idea of the scale. =)

Comment

Something that would be really awesome: Dirt.

Either as own material or as vertex painting (better). Right now it looks much too clean in there (of course that depends on the likings of the viewer, though i also like dirty and rusty sci-fi environments - Firefly ftw ).

Cheers,
                  Indy
                  FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
                  TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

Originally posted by indygoof View Post
                    Something that would be really awesome: Dirt.

Either as own material or as vertex painting (better). Right now it looks much too clean in there (of course that depends on the likings of the viewer, though i also like dirty and rusty sci-fi environments - Firefly ftw ).

Cheers,
                    Indy
                    Hey Indy!

I don't have any plans to include dirt variants at the moment, but it can easily be implemented through decals or changing the base texture in the material instances. I will also probably be including the baked trim maps for those who may want to make custom variants of those altogether. =) It's just not a look I'm going for in the base package with this style.

Comment

Here are some WIP shots of the main hall area.

Name:	29.jpg
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	1376038

Name:	28.jpg
Size:	532.8 KB
ID:	1376039

Comment

More progress. There will be verticality elements in this room (large stairs, second floor) as well as a focal point in the center of the pillars. More to come soon. =)

Click image for larger version  Name:	30.jpg Views:	2 Size:	401.9 KB ID:	1376432Click image for larger version  Name:	31.jpg Views:	2 Size:	393.0 KB ID:	1376433Click image for larger version  Name:	32.jpg Views:	2 Size:	392.7 KB ID:	1376434Click image for larger version  Name:	33.jpg Views:	2 Size:	407.0 KB ID:	1376435

Comment

Testing testing testing
                          Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/VictorBurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Currently looking for exciting new opportunities! Available for work!
                          https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ars-experience

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                            Yeah if I'm being honest I'm not 100% satisfied with the material work yet. Definitely something I will be improving as I continue to work on this. Getting out of the futuristic workflow has been a challenge, but one that I aim to overcome.
                            Hey dude... I see you're keeping busy!

Hadn't looked at this pack until now, as I had assumed it was targeted at a different audience.
                            However, this is one of the first packs I've seen that crosses-genres of game design really well.
                            Fantasy is the wrong heading, just 'Epic' is better: Epic-Sci-fi and Epic-fantasy-fortress-castle.
                            The large ceilings are reminiscent of sci-fi galactic empires (specifically reminds me of Dune)!

Sure make the materials stone like, but include the metal-look as an option for us sci-fi heads!
                            Last edited by ClavosTech; 10-28-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post

Hey dude... I see you're keeping busy!

Hadn't looked at this pack until now, as I had assumed it was targeted at a different audience.
                              However, this is one of the first packs I've seen that crosses-genres of game design really well.
                              Fantasy is the wrong heading, just 'Epic' is better: Epic-Sci-fi and Epic-fantasy-fortress-castle.
                              The large ceilings are reminiscent of sci-fi galactic empires (specifically reminds me of Dune)!

Sure make the materials stone like, but include the metal-look as an option for us sci-fi heads!
                              Hey Franktech!

It's actually funny you mention that, because it can be used for futuristic sci-fi-fantasy environments as well. In fact I will even be including sci-fi lighting sources in addition to fantasy ones for just that reason. =)

Comment

Major update. Changed many of the materials and optimized others. Got the majority of the architectural assets in game. All that remains is the props, and to polish some of the existing assets a bit.

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	1378390
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X