X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] HG Sci-Fi Decals Series

**UPDATED**
    Hello fellow developers.

Here is our first asset pack. A collection of high quality, fully customizable decals.

UPDATE 1 (16-11-2017) Scroll down for details

TECHNICAL DETAILS

The HG Sci-Fi Decals asset pack will come with 835 Decals including:

Full Alphabet
    Numbers 0-9
    Symbols: &@{[-$ €!#(%£?/™¥­
    294 Words
    489 Decals of various shapes

We also included a DBuffer Master Material in case you want to switch the Parent Material of a Decal without affecting the rest.

Texture Resolutions Provided:

512 x 512
    1024 x 1024
    2048 x 2048
    3072 x 3072
    4096 x 4096

Number of Master Materials: 2
    Number of Material Instances: 835
    Number of Textures: 4179

Tested on Windows, Mac

Available here

Primal, Centauri, Hyperion, Helios and Solaris typefaces were designed by Mehmet Reha Tugcu.
    All the decals were designed by Lila Gkaravela a.k.a "Lidoria"

OVERVIEW

HG Sci-Fi Decals Overview 1HG Sci-Fi Decals Overview 2

DEMO VIDEO

SCREENSHOTS

High quality decals designed to be used on small surfaces (like a button) or large ones like a hangar floor or tall wall. We took care and designed them sharp, clean without jagged edges or artifacts between colors.

HG Sci-Fi Decals Demo 1HG Sci-Fi Decals Demo 2

The pack was designed with existing Sci-Fi Asset Packs in mind.

Increasing the emissive parameter value of the decal makes it look like a light source.

All decals come with an optimized material that allows you to change decal colors, add scratches (and adjust them), add a normal map, adjust Metal, Emissive, Specular and Roughness values on the fly.

Note that Metal, Emissive and Specular values are only available on the non DBuffer Master Materiel.

Available here

UPDATE 1 (November 2017)

Releases
    • Released HG Sci-Fi Decals vol 1 ** Link
    • Released HG Sci-Fi Decals vol 2 ** Link
    • Released HG Sci-Fi Decals vol 3 ** Link
    • Released HG Sci-Fi Decals vol 4 ** Link

**All new asset packs include the fixes/improvements of Update 1.

Content updates
    • Upgraded the HG Sci-Fi Decals Bundle
    • Added 4 new typefaces (Helios, Hyperion, Centauri, Orbitron)
    • Added 2 new typefaces exclusive to the HG Sci-Fi Decals Bundle (Primal, Solaris)
    • Added a new Master Material with the User Interface Material Domain. This new material allows you to use the decals in widgets.
    • Fixed the issue where the master materials lost their target with the Grunge texture during installation thus braking all decals.
    • Improved the quality of more than 25 decals (detailed presentation coming soon)
    • Added the textures and materials for the newly added typefaces. The decals now are around 2900+.

Functionality
    • File structure has changed to make more sense and to reflect the new content. I apologize for any inconvenience this will cause you but it will save you time in the long run. It will also keep things tight and clean in your content explorer.
    • Buying the smaller packs and installing them in your project will create one folder where all the assets will be located. You will get the same file structure as if you bough the HG Sci-Fi Decals Bundle. Keep in mind though that since all packs include the same Decals Master Materials beware of overwriting your already installed Materials during installation/migration.
    • Due to the amount of content in the HG Sci-Fi Decals Bundle there are now separate overview maps to help low and mid range machines cope with the graphics load when loading said maps.

Since the newly released asset packs are in the same series, consider this thread also as a support thread.

Feel free to leave your comments. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sutorcen; 05-22-2018, 04:48 AM.

Hotgates Webpage | Hotgates on Patreon | Hotgates on facebook| Hotgates on twitter | Hotgates on Instagram

Looks cool and great idea !

Could you please show more of the 489 Decals of various shapes ?
    Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Sure, I will update the OP and I will also add a video.
      Last edited by Sutorcen; 07-24-2017, 12:59 PM.

Hotgates Webpage | Hotgates on Patreon | Hotgates on facebook| Hotgates on twitter | Hotgates on Instagram

Comment

Yep that's cool
        Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Thanks

I added some more examples of how to use them, using the Sci-Fi Hallway project from Quixel.

Demo of one of the scratches texture. Decals look well even on shiny surfaces in bright environments.

Use the decals to create a fictional alien alphabet...

...as signage on models or even tattoos on characters.

Comment

It has been submitted for release.

Comment

Has this been released yet? super interested!

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan87 View Post
                Has this been released yet? super interested!
                Hi, it has just gone live. You can find it here
                Last edited by Sutorcen; 09-15-2017, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone just a quick update and reminder.

Decals are invisible issue.

There seems to be a bug with the asset pack. Once downloaded all decals seem to be invisible. It seems that for some reason the M_Decals_Base and M_Decals_Base_NoDB materials have lost the link to their Scratch Textures, which in return causes the material not to compile thus making all decals appear empty.

There is a solution. In the master materials M_Decals_Base and M_Decals_Base_NoDB the Scratch Texture is missing. Just assign to it any Scratch Texture and you will be good to go. I have attached a screenshot so you can be sure which one to change.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	3 Size:	377.0 KB ID:	1370579

Also in order for the decals to appear in the editor and in game you must enable the DBuffer Decals option in your project settings. Go to Edit -> Project Settings. From there go to Rendering and on the right window scroll down until you find the DBuffer option. Enable it and you should be fine. In case you don’t want to use that option switch to the M_Decals_Base_NoDB in the decals you want to use. I have attached a screenshot so you can be sure which one to enable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	1370578

I am sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you, an update is already on the way.

No decals show up in preview window issue.

Also keep in mind that there is a known bug in Unreal Engine that hasn’t been resolved yet. If you are using DBuffer Decals you can not see a preview of while you edit their Material or Material Instance, like in the pictures below. Here is the link for that bug https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-36678

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	376.2 KB ID:	1370581

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	3 Size:	488.2 KB ID:	1370580

Please feel free to contact me if you have further issues or questions. If you have purchased the asset pack please rate it and leave a comment.

Thank you.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sutorcen; 11-15-2017, 05:08 AM.

Comment

[SOLVED] No decals show up in preview window issue.

After the release of Unreal Engine 4.18 it seems that the bug mentioned above with the DBuffered decals not showing up in any preview window has been resolved. But there is just one thing to keep in mind. The decal previewed has to be in front of a surface as seen in the images below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	331.1 KB ID:	1386192

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	246.5 KB ID:	1386193

If you are facing any issues with our asset pack let me know via email or make a posting here. Thank you.
                    Last edited by Sutorcen; 11-15-2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Any chance you will release a video showing how to use the decals in various situations?

Comment

I will try to do so in the coming weeks. Until then, if you have any questions or if you want to achieve a certain look with the decals let me know here and I will try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Comment

UPDATE 1 (November 2017)

Decal improvements implemented with the update.

We erroneously kept some ares with the color white in our textures. That had the effect that white areas would act like a fourth editable color. Since only Red, Blue and Green where assigned as editable channels the white areas where changing colors using all three channels which led to some ugly and unforeseen color combinations for our users. Therefore we have removed any White areas and replaced them with either a transparency or we edited the texture to feature only three colors (Red, Blue and Green) and the color black (since black doesn't get affected by color changes).

Some before (left image) and after (right image) examples follow.

I will not post all 27+ decals that we improved and fixed and trun this into a huge post. Most of the designs fixed that are not shown here derive from the above designs. I'm sure most of you have already spotted the differences when you updated, for those of you that didn't this post is for you.

As always leave your comments below. Thanks.
                          Last edited by Sutorcen; 12-19-2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Happy new year every one.

I am investigating an issue with the decals' performance on mobile so for the time being I have removed Mobile as an intended platform in the product's description. Once the issue has been fixed I will reinstate the decals as Mobile ready.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Thank you.

Comment

All asset packs have been updated to work with 4.19. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X