Clear All

Wow! impressive
    Christos Symeon
    exés - www.csimeon.gr
    architecture + project management + construction

Comment

OK, I'm back!
      [MENTION=827446]csimeon[/MENTION] Thanks
      [MENTION=5027]WolfSpinach[/MENTION] Thank you. Yes, there are over 20 default presets included + you can save your own generation presets.

Comment

[MENTION=11309]Slavq[/MENTION]

Btw, any plans to add brush / grass and eventually procedurally generated biomes ?
        Last edited by motorsep; 07-25-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

please sell it somewhere else than in the marketplace, too. i really would like to play with your tool ;-)
          www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

[MENTION=1680]motorsep[/MENTION] For grass I've made a separate product, Dynamic Grass System. It also has some bushes by default. Procedural biomes might be a cool addition, I'll think about that. Basically a forest generator blueprint that will place trees according to their type, based on area/biome.
            [MENTION=27931]stucki[/MENTION] I'll wait a little more for the review process, if it'll take too long, I'll think about putting it e.g. on Gumroad. I don't even have a Gumroad account for now and I'm quite busy right now to set it all up atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
              Procedural biomes might be a cool addition, I'll think about that. Basically a forest generator blueprint that will place trees according to their type, based on area/biome.
              Well, it doesn't have to be just trees. For example you would want very little of trees in some grasslands, but a wide variety of grass and brush, with particular distribution that takes into account terrain (whether it's landscape or mesh based terrain), rocks, bodies of water, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                Well, it doesn't have to be just trees. For example you would want very little of trees in some grasslands, but a wide variety of grass and brush, with particular distribution that takes into account terrain (whether it's landscape or mesh based terrain), rocks, bodies of water, etc.
                This sounds very cool, but something like this would probably require a totally new product & separate system for biome generation - this one is designed only for tree creation

Comment

Looks cool. Godspeed on this one!

Comment

Amazing system, looking forward to see this on the marketplace!

Comment

it seems really useful! can you mix a photogrametry trunk base with another part created with the tool for middle and top part of trees?

Comment

The generator can use custom meshes, but of course they need to be modular to tile seamlessly. For example, the default modular meshes used in trunk/branch generation are a simple uncapped cylinders, some slightly deformed, some not, but they all fit to each other when distributed along spline.

Comment

Hi Slavq,

I've purchased all 3 of the previous products: Smart Spline Generator | Dynamic Grass System | Dynamic Tree & Plant Generator. This product makes me kick myself, uttering the words "Dammit Jim, I should have waited!".

All of my game development involves multiplayer. Thus, I'm interested in how this system works for multiplayer maps, I assume the seeds and random streams are used for this purpose?

Does the system offer Symmetric Generation option for roots, branches & leaves? I desire to produce 'designer' trees within my fantasy environments. If not, can it be added?

That intersection blending is impressive. I assume using simple uncapped cylinders designed to fit to each other when distributed along spline makes this possible. Taking this design in to consideration I would like to add custom meshes. I'm very certain a video tutorial for using custom meshes with the system would be appreciated by many.
                          HeadlessStudios.com - The RIANTH (Action Horror FPS) - Join Our Discord

Comment

Yes, it uses random streams with seed values for every 'section' of a tree. So for example there are separate seeds for trunk, branches, roots, leaves, etc. to allow for better control over generation. This system is designed to create trees at design time, in editor, not in game (unlike my previous Dynamic Tree & Plant Generator), so this shouldn't affect gameplay anyway.
                            At runtime it uses custom foliage components to detect interactive trees and execute all the dynamic features - no networking out of the box for now.

I don't know what the Symmetric Generation option could do, but I assume that it would e.g. mirror branches from one side of trunk to the other side...?

I've made some step-by-step videos that are included with the documentation. Documentation will be available if this pack will be accepted & released, for now I'm still waiting for the review process, unfortunately.

Comment

Hi Slavq,

I do appreciate you taking time to answer my questions. In regards to Symmetric Generation option, yes it would be mirroring roots, branches & leaves from one side of trunk to the other side. It will make for some beautiful 'designer' trees.

I cannot believe how I've overlooked the fact the Dynamic Tree & Plant Generator supports in-game generation. This will be perfect for use in my Multi-user Level/Entity Construction System:

HeadlessStudios.com - The RIANTH (Action Horror FPS) - Join Our Discord

Comment

I'll see if I can implement a mirroring/symmetry feature. I'm still waiting for the review process though.

Comment

Working...
                                X