Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Location Toolkit

Location Toolkit
    Assets and tools to support geographic location features in your projects.
    Marketplace | Documentation | Release Notes | Android App
    Location Toolkit Featured

Integrate geographic location support to your projects. Textures, materials, static meshes, and blueprints themed on location. GPS compatible with mobile platforms. Content compatible for all platforms. Blueprint only pack.
    • GPS module for mobile platforms.
    • 160+ textures/materials: location markers, geographic grids, compass rose, etc...
    • Eight location pin static meshes and modular location pin blueprints.
    • Earth planet materials palette.
    • Location-related macros, library, blueprints, and interfaces.
    • Data, planar, spherical location map displays.
    • Blueprints fully documented with logging capability.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Location_Toolkit_Overview_Screenshot.png Views:	1 Size:	373.9 KB ID:	1374980

An Android application demonstrating some of the toolkit features is available at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ocationToolkit

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_120999.png Views:	1 Size:	101.6 KB ID:	1374984Click image for larger version  Name:	image_121000.png Views:	1 Size:	475.5 KB ID:	1374985Click image for larger version  Name:	image_121001.png Views:	1 Size:	381.5 KB ID:	1374986Click image for larger version  Name:	image_129800.png Views:	1 Size:	427.1 KB ID:	1430402Click image for larger version  Name:	image_120997.png Views:	1 Size:	473.3 KB ID:	1374982Click image for larger version  Name:	image_120996.png Views:	1 Size:	482.1 KB ID:	1374981 Click image for larger version  Name:	Location_Toolkit_Reverse_Screenshot.png Views:	1 Size:	322.3 KB ID:	1430423Click image for larger version  Name:	Location_Toolkit_Meshes_Screenshot.png Views:	1 Size:	363.5 KB ID:	1430424

Further details
    • Number of Blueprints: 14
    • Data location whiteboard.
    • Customizable planar map location with location marker/pin.
    • Customizable spherical map location with location marker/pin.
    • Modular and customizable location marker/pin 2D/3D blueprints.
    • Location engine actor component blueprints (GPS, random, orbital): configurable, documented, and ready for easy use.
    • Various conversion functions: location to pretty text, JSON, decimal, degree/minute/seconds, rotation, cardinal point, etc...
    • Two interfaces to provide implementation contract on objects which you want to use location.
    • Observer design pattern implemented using blueprints with various interfaces to provide implementation contract on objects which you want to use location.
    • Video Link: https://youtu.be/xs5twcI7Xwo
    • Number of Textures: 168
    • Do Materials derive from a Master Material with instances as variation: Yes
    • Texture Resolution (complete list): 8192x8192, 4096x4096, 2048x2048, 1024x1024, 512x512
    • Engine Compatibility: 4.18
    • Supported Development Platforms: PC
    • Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, Oculus Rift, SteamVR / HTC Vive, Gear VR, HTML.
      • Note: GPS feature is mobile only (iOS and Android).
    • Documentation: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Location_Toolkit
    • Platforms Tested: Android, PC
    • Documentation Included: Yes
    • Long term support and free updates.

Let me know what you think and would like to see in this pack in the future!
    Last edited by F3NR1S; 03-23-2018, 10:55 PM.

Location Toolkit: July 16, 2017 Update

Location Toolkit: July 16, 2017 Update

Hello,
    Here is an update on the recent WIP and activities for this location toolkit:
    • The toolkit has been staged for a few weeks. I have been contacted by Epic Games for a small recheck. A few minor cleanups, improvements, and optimizations. A big thank you to [MENTION=23591]MikeViolette[/MENTION] and more recently to [MENTION=49]Adam Davis[/MENTION].
    • Location Toolkit joined Cartdrge portfolio platform which was showcased in a recent UE video. You can follow most recent WIP and activities at https://cartrdge.com/cerisesoftware/...cation-toolkit
    • An Unreal Engine wiki article is in the work for the toolkit. Check it out at https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Location_Toolkit. More tutorials coming soon.
    • Added a set of modular compass rose textures and example materials. See screenshot below. More to come.
    • Added a blueprint for scene capture of map level location engine which positions the player on the real-time captured map of the level.
    • Added configuration capabilities to the orbital location engine.
    • Improving planet Earth material. Added a lot of configuration and features. See screenshot below. Many more to come.
    • Many improvements, hygiene, minor defect fixing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wip_location_toolkit_600x480_2017-07-15.png
Views:	1
Size:	507.7 KB
ID:	1131214 Click image for larger version

Name:	wip-modular-compass-rose-600-2017-07-08.png
Views:	1
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	1131215

Expect periodic post updates with progress. The main post is updated on marketplace releases.
    Last edited by F3NR1S; 07-16-2017, 07:19 PM. Reason: Fixed images.

Comment

Location Toolkit: July 22, 2017 Update

Hello,
      • Added nightlight capabilities for the planet material. Emissive control support. See screenshot below. More to come.
      • Added atmospheric effect capabilities for the planet material. Hue and thickness control support. See screenshot below. More to come.
      • Improved mobile compatibility of the Earth material, functions, and features.
      • Many improvements, hygiene, and feature tweaks.

Name:	wip_location_toolkit_2017-07-22_1mb.png
Views:	2
Size:	978.8 KB
ID:	1131418

Expect periodic post updates with progress. The main post is updated on marketplace releases.
      Last edited by F3NR1S; 07-22-2017, 06:06 PM. Reason: List fixes.

Comment

Location Toolkit: August 12, 2017 Update

Hello,
        • Improved atmospheric material: reflection, refraction, and halo.
        • Added Android runtime permission support.
        • Converted project to 4.17.
        • Added a simple flag location pin static mesh.
        • Many improvements, hygiene, and feature tweaks.

Name:	wip_location_toolkit_2017-08-12_1mb.png
Views:	2
Size:	949.2 KB
ID:	1132437

Stay tuned for exciting new features, functionality, and assets.

Last edited by F3NR1S; 08-14-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Location Toolkit: August 26, 2017 Update

Hello,
          Here is an update for the recent WIP and activities for the Lcation Toolkit content:
          • Added a demonstration level to the project. (Also available on Android store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ocationToolkit)
          • Handle transparency for the atmospheric layer.
          • Simple planetary clouds.
          • Many blueprint improvements, hygiene, and feature tweaks.
          • Screenshot refresh for the marketplace.

WIP Location Toolkit 2017-08-26

Stay tuned for exciting new features, functionality, and assets.

Comment

Location Toolkit: September 12, 2017 Update
            I am pleased to announce that the Location Toolkit has been released by Epic Games and is available on the marketplace for Unreal Engine 4!
            Enjoy!

Comment

daeilkim asked a question about whether it is possible to use your custom GPS (lon/lat) coordinates to the map and have the pin update automatically.
              Yes, it is possible: You can feed your own GPS (lon/lat) coordinates to the map and have the pin update it automatically. The map can observe (be attached to) any blueprint which implements the "observable location interface". You can create an engine and get your own data, and attach the map to your engine, and voila! Take a look at the "random location engine" and the "orbital location engine". They are the best examples of how to achieve this. The attach part is in the level blueprint but you could have it anywhere else. I can certainly add more template/example engines for you to implement you own functionality in the next update for the toolkit. Hope this helps!
              Last edited by F3NR1S; 09-15-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Does this require 325mb of storage space on android/ios as per your demo level? Do you have a list of the blueprint nodes you have incorporated and any tutorials as to implementing them or even a demo level? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by darinsmyth View Post
                  Does this require 325mb of storage space on android/ios as per your demo level? Do you have a list of the blueprint nodes you have incorporated and any tutorials as to implementing them or even a demo level? Thanks
                  Hello darinsmyth,
                  • The toolkit in itself if lightweight and does not require 325MB of storage space. My demo could surely be optimized. It is simple and small. The Unreal Engine does require several mobile default plugins: Android Runtime Permission, Mobile Location Services, Mobile Location Services, and Mobile Location Services Blueprint Library. More details in the readme file.
                  • There are currently two short tutorials inside the kit: one is a general walkthrough, the other focuses on the location blueprint. The featurette video gives an overview (https://youtu.be/xs5twcI7Xwo). There are several example of how to implement your own location engine and the API has the interfaces defined. Check out the "random location engine" and the "orbital location engine". They are good starting points.
                  • I will look into adding a blueprint nodes list in the wiki documentation: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Location_Toolkit Any format you would like in particular?
                  • There is an overview level which demonstrate most features. There is also a demo level for mobile platform:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-08-26-20-13-11 x500.png Views:	1 Size:	372.8 KB ID:	1355016

Glad you asked! Thank you!
                  Last edited by F3NR1S; 09-16-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me, I have just purchased.

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me, I have just purchased.
                      Thank you! I would love to hear more on your opinion, thoughts, and feature requests. Feel free to reach out anytime at cerise.software@gmail.com.

Comment

Location Toolkit: October 8, 2017 Update
                        Hello,
                        Here is an update for the recent WIP and activities for the Location Toolkit pack:
                        • Added multi-layered blueprint sphere/planet for automatically stacking materials. Useful for planets.
                        • Added a UMG Widget location presenter used for a mini phone/tablet app demo. Requested by users.
                        • Added initial support of location data representation on spheres. Exciting new feature.
                        • Added a few more location pin textures. More variety.
                        • Generalized the texture presenter transforms of plan textures. More flexible.
                        • Improved the handling of the presenter and nameplate titles. Consolidated API.
                        • Updated the documentation at https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Location_Toolkit. Requested by users.
                        • Opened the cerisesoftware.slack.com Slack channel to support this project. If you need support!
                        • Various improvements, fixes, and tweaks.
                        • Getting ready for UE4 update 4.18. We will release at the same time / shortly following.
                        • Let us know of any requests!
                        • Lots of upcoming cool features and ideas! Enjoy!
                        Location Toolkit 2017-10-08

Comment

Location Toolkit: October 24, 2017 Update
                          Hello,
                          I am happy to report the Location Toolkit for Unreal Engine 4.18 will be available on the market place shortly. This update include all features developed in September and October:
                          • Added multi-layered blueprint sphere/planet for automatically stacking materials. Useful for planets!
                          • Added a UMG Widget location presenter used for a mini phone/tablet app demo. Requested by users!
                          • Added initial support of location data representation on spheres. Exciting new feature!
                          • Added a few more location pin textures. More variety...
                          • Generalized the texture presenter transforms of plan textures. More customizable!
                          • Improved the handling of the presenter and nameplate titles. Consolidated API!
                          • Updated the documentation at https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Location_Toolkit. Requested by users!
                          • Opened the cerisesoftware.slack.com Slack channel to support this project. If you need 24/7-ish support!
                          • Numerous improvements, fixes, and tweaks.
                          Full release notes

Enjoy!

Comment

Hi, would there be any possibility of including a compass feature in this? Also, is there any method to convert the real location data to the proper street names? Thanks

Comment

Hi, would there be any possibility of including a compass feature in this? Also, is there any method to convert the real location data to the proper street names? Thanks
                              Hello Darinsmyth and thank you for reaching out on the forum and through the private messages,

About a compass feature: I am absolutely interested in putting in a compass feature in the toolkit. It is on my road-map for the pack. I had already built in a few textures for compasses as a preliminary/exploratory work. I brainstorm and test ideas about compass features. Could you further describe what you you have in mind? I will surely be able to add it in the next update. I created a few more compass textures. I expanded cardinal point support, names and letter codes to 16 directions. I am testing a compass widget, north pole component, compass static mesh(es) with needle(s) and blueprint logic. Let me know if you have something else in mind or any focus area?

About real location data to the proper street names: I have played with the Google API for geocoding and it seemed promising. It is a bigger feature but I can certainly consider it for a future version of the pack: https://developers.google.com/maps/d...eocoding/intro
                              Last edited by F3NR1S; 11-26-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X