Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

As you guys know, Marketplace is already a great place to get tons of free content from Epic (and as of today, Mixamo!), and it will become a place for the community to buy and sell assets of all sorts as it grows an evolves. We are working really hard to make sure that it is the best that it can possibly be.

I want to start a discussion to see what sort of things you all hope to see built out by developers and made available. Myself? I'd love to have access to Shader/Material Packs, Landscapes, Dynamic Skyboxes, and the Level Designer in me *reaaaallly* wants modular asset packs available for purchase.

So what do you want to see the community put out on the Marketplace?

• replied
    I want to see at least one properly very well made Jazz Jackrabbit because due to nostalgia. Even if there's no need to do that. Also it could make user thedarkhog(we both are obsessed with this character)(he left jazz2online just like user JazzGruff/CloverGruff and blender artists forum) happy person. I guess nobody cares about it. Can I do it myself guys? Will I face and suffer some unforeseen consequences or not? I want to earn lots of money of distributing Jazz Jackrabbit 3d models on Unreal marketplace. Because of nostalgia. Please?
    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 09-02-2019, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    some kind 3d platformer template with 1 or 2 basic enemy would nice. there is lot of rpg and shooter templates with enemies but no simple platform templates

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi. I am looking for someone to create spline decals for Unreal Engine 4. I need them in my project, and I know that they are very awaited by community. I would gladly pay for a feature like that. If someone is interested in, please contact me on my email for more details. primo3001@wp.pl

On photo - spline decals in BeamNG.Drive, Torque 3D Engine
    Spline decals in BeamNG.Drive, Torque3D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Unreal Engine equivalent to Unities Cinemachine. It's an incredibly versatile and feature rich camera system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a very nice variety of Modular 3D KitBash for Environments/Architecture. I would like to see the selection of Kitbash Packs exponentially expand for Organic and Mechanical Entities such as Characters, Creatures, Weapons, Vehicles, and Furniture Props. Such Packs would be perfect for use with our Multi-user 3D Hyperbasher Application.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LowEntry View Post
    Plugin developer here, I would like to know:

- What blueprints would you like to see added to the engine?
    - What is currently not possible with blueprint alone?
    I am wondering if something like checking what current streaming level(s) is(are) loaded (output instance and/or name), what streaming level player (and/or any other actor/actors are) is currently on (instance/name), get list of levels from a specified folder, get list of sub-levels (streaming levels) per level from the folder or in the currently loaded level, etc. can be added to the LE Extended Standard Library (for Windows and Android at least).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheMadMars View Post

Working on this currently. About 15 days away from completion so check the store within the next 2 months
    any plans still for this car battle asset?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    High definition standard Labratory set, ultra modern (NOT SCIFI)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm currently working on the second update for my Asset Pack. Is there anything you would like to see in a Horror themed Pack ? I'm thinking about to include a TV or Radio.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post

- Anything that has to do with mic audio input on Android
    - Anything that has to do with Oculus Platform SDK (mostly IAP for Rift/Go/Quest, DLC handling for Rift/Go/Quest, Users/Friends/Relationships for Rift/Go/Quest, probably Leaderboards too)
    The mic input is something that's on my todo list, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get there. If anyone else wants to make a plugin for this, let me know, I'll send you everything I know of it currently, which should be enough to make it work. It's just trying it out and testing it that takes a lot of time that I currently don't have.

The Oculus functionalities, hmm, I think for the users/friends/etc you could implement a subsystem, like they did for steam. Maybe if you ask Epic, they might add that to the engine?

Anyway not sure if the DLC handling can be done by a plugin, since I assume it changes files/data of the game? Also not sure if Epic would add this, since it's very specific for one system/API, seems like a lot of work to do for just one system/API. You could always try asking them, who knows. Maybe it's easier to add than I think it is.

I hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied

- Anything that has to do with mic audio input on Android
    - Anything that has to do with Oculus Platform SDK (mostly IAP for Rift/Go/Quest, DLC handling for Rift/Go/Quest, Users/Friends/Relationships for Rift/Go/Quest, probably Leaderboards too)
    Last edited by motorsep; 07-01-2019, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Yes it supports HTTPS. On mobile platforms, you'll even need to use HTTPS, since HTTP is blocked by the operating system on those platforms.
    LowEntry,

Thank you for the prompt response. Purchased!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TechLord View Post

Hello LowEntry

I'm very interested in your HTTP Plugin (and many others). Does it support HTTPS?
    Yes it supports HTTPS. On mobile platforms, you'll even need to use HTTPS, since HTTP is blocked by the operating system on those platforms.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Also I'm wondering, how do you currently host your data in your game? Do you host your own PHP/NodeJS server and access a database through that? Or anything else?
    Hello LowEntry

I'm very interested in your HTTP Plugin (and many others). Does it support HTTPS?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X