Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also would like to see some kind of third person archery system with basic ai. There is lot of shooter and also sword assets with ai etc. But some archery/bow system. There is still art of combat, which include those qualities but maybe some other same kind stuff

Comment

Currently in the marketplace, lack of variety in animation packs is the most important problem, I see...

Comment

Originally posted by LowEntry View Post
        Looks to me like Battlefront 2 uses a post processing for most of the rain, and then has particle emitters near the doors and such.

Those particle emitters near the doors look a bit weird though, you can see it from a distance quite clearly, but maybe that's just because I'm paying too much attention to it.

The post process and the terrain looks amazing though.

Edit: Watched the video again, I noticed there are some clouds when running outside in the rain. What are those? Seems like either it's post processing or it's particle emitters spawning in front of the player/camera. Or they are placed particle emitters that are triggered when walking nearby.
        I think the clouds/gusts are emitters, or at least they seem to be. Very subtle effect too, but adds a nice touch.

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 Marketplace SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles! Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

It would be cool if we could aggregate all the UE4 content online into one place, accessible through the Epic Games Launcher (a sort of expanded Marketplace).

Having run around the net, becoming a digital hoarder is great and all, but sharing those tools and assets has been educational, rewarding and inspiring. Without the community our team wouldn't have made progress to the extent that we have been able with community support.

Could we submit content found online, with author info -> along with necessary requests.

Comment

Don't know if anyone still reads the sticky but.

We are in need of some 8-way movement sets that also includes 45 angles as well as stop/starts.

Things like limping, wall climbing, ladder climbing swimming. The general packages handles the most common movements but what is lacking is the not all to common.

A reduced price limp package would make for an excellent add on purchase.
            Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Comment

As you guys know, Marketplace is already a great place to get tons of free content from Epic (and as of today, Mixamo!), and it will become a place for the community to buy and sell assets of all sorts as it grows an evolves,,
              More details: digital marketing training in chennai
              Digital Marketing Training in Chennai offer real time training for Professionals. We are the leading Digital Marketing Training Center in Chennai.

Comment

Hi everyone. Do you want or need any specific decals for your games?

Hotgates Webpage | Hotgates on Patreon | Hotgates on facebook| Hotgates on twitter | Hotgates on Instagram

Comment

Code plugin developer here.

I would like to know:

- What limitations of blueprint are you currently running into?
                  - What functionality can you come up with that currently isn't achievable with blueprint alone?
                  Created blueprints for:
                  Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

Also accepting freelance work (blueprint, UE4 C++, backend development, web development)
                  https://lowentry.com/

Comment

Code plugin developer here.

I would like to know:

- What limitations of blueprint are you currently running into?
                    - What functionality can you come up with that currently isn't achievable with blueprint alone?
                    The number one question I get regarding my Inventory Examine System on the marketplace is "How can I convert this to 3rd person" - maybe figure out a nice technique for transferring First Person BPs over to 3rd Person in a methodical way.
                    Now available on the UE Marketplace: Inventory Examine Interface -- and -- Fifty Knobs and Dials -- and -- Thirty Buttons Pack -- and --Kitchen and Bath Handles for Arch Vis -- and -- Chat Bot A.I. Simulator

Comment

Originally posted by CreativeVilla View Post

The number one question I get regarding my Inventory Examine System on the marketplace is "How can I convert this to 3rd person" - maybe figure out a nice technique for transferring First Person BPs over to 3rd Person in a methodical way.
                      Can't you just place the widget on a plane, then make it move however you want (like in front of the player, move the camera slightly to the right, dead space style)?

https://gamefaqs.akamaized.net/scree...106428_2_9.jpg

Or do they mean something else with 3th person?

What exactly did you have in mind?
                      Created blueprints for:
                      Network connections | JSON | XML | HTTP requests | Compression | Encryption | File system

Also accepting freelance work (blueprint, UE4 C++, backend development, web development)

Comment

Can't you just place the widget on a plane, then make it move however you want (like in front of the player, move the camera slightly to the right, dead space style)? Or do they mean something else with 3th person?
                        1st-Person Limbs / Weapons / Anims vs 3rd-Person Limbs / Weapons / Anims maybe...

Comment

Can't you just place the widget on a plane, then make it move however you want (like in front of the player, move the camera slightly to the right, dead space style)?

https://gamefaqs.akamaized.net/scree...106428_2_9.jpg

Or do they mean something else with 3th person?

What exactly did you have in mind?
                          The majority of the Blueprint instructions are currently within the First Person character BP... lots of folks want to use the functionality of the inventory system... but within a Third Person character (widgets aside) . The challenge is most of the 'calls' from the other blueprints, and widgets are to the First Person (casting, etc)
                          Now available on the UE Marketplace: Inventory Examine Interface -- and -- Fifty Knobs and Dials -- and -- Thirty Buttons Pack -- and --Kitchen and Bath Handles for Arch Vis -- and -- Chat Bot A.I. Simulator

Comment

Originally posted by CreativeVilla View Post

The majority of the Blueprint instructions are currently within the First Person character BP... lots of folks want to use the functionality of the inventory system... but within a Third Person character (widgets aside) . The challenge is most of the 'calls' from the other blueprints, and widgets are to the First Person (casting, etc)
                            You would create a blueprint class derived from Character class and put all stuff there, then everyone should change their character class of choice to point to the new class instead. It will not break any compatibility along.
                            Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
                            UE4 Marketplace:
                            Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

You would create a blueprint class derived from Character class and put all stuff there, then everyone should change their character class of choice to point to the new class instead. It will not break any compatibility along.
                              Yeah, that's the most sensible option.

You could also completely separate the inventory functionality from the character classes all together, and to just have an Inventory class instead. That way, you could have several inventories per character if you wanted to, plus, other objects (NPCs, banks, player trading functionality, etc) could use the same inventory functionality.

I don't know why you would ever tie this kind of functionality to another class (like the first person character class), it would only give you limitations, without providing any benefit?

Thing is though, changing this now would break backwards compatibility. Not certain if your users are fine with that. Otherwise moving the inventory functionality over to the character class would be the best thing to do.
                              Created blueprints for:

Comment

You could also completely separate the inventory functionality from the character classes all together, and to just have an Inventory class instead. That way, you could have several inventories per character if you wanted to, plus, other objects (NPCs, banks, player trading functionality, etc) could use the same inventory functionality.
                                Yes, thats a kind of specialization which usually is adapted to work from a generic inventory, which would be called generically: item holder, then a collection of item holder, each collection would receive a different association as mentioned by LowEntry.

As a thought, since Im not aware how your asset works, it has today a way of use, lets call this a known interface for users, you can reestructure everything bellow this and will work fine for the user if you dont break that interface, unless it is already compromised in a way which this is not possible by design.

Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
                                UE4 Marketplace:
                                Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X