Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketplace Content - What would you like to see from the community?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modular mechs and robots would be very nice! All kinds of content that we can customize and differentiate. The problem with many characters and assets is that you can only kinda in the background of your game, because if you put them at the forefront it becomes easily recognizable and overall not very professional. But with customizable characters and other stuff it becomes way more useful.

Also, I know this may sound silly, but more free stuff would be great. It's very good and much more welcoming to have a marketplace that has lots of free stuff you can use to prototype. The characters from Mixamo are great but they are generally not up-to-date with the engine version.

Comment

Hello, Chance. This is VERY important to me, and I am willing to share some resources to get it done: I am an industrial engineer. I've been fascinated (as a gamer) to see how well Unreal Engine is being used in the factory space, such as at Tesla Motors, where I have done some engineering discussions. I have recently been building controllers (hardware) to handle mobility for the disabled, as well as a general controller for user interaction, process control (as in temperate running a fan, for example), and other uses.

I am especially interested in anything related to data interfaces, so I have sent a few posts out to a MySQL plugin author, as well as the Low Entry group. I have built an industrial interface to MS SQL Server, and it is on github. I have bought a truckload off the marketplace, as I am working on some streaming media titles for an entertainment team. Pyro codec is looking mighty useful, too.

but, where I could REALLY, REALLY use some help is in SQL Server integration into your engine via Blueprints. MySQL will help, as well, and I want to try and integrate my .Net projects into this and any other data sources that are popular in the Docker/ASP.Net Core/TCP/Sockets/WebAPI/Ajax style spaces.

Please, please, let me know how I can help, and/or get some hand-holding into building some interfaces onto the marketplace. I have built a proper workstation, tools (Maya LT, Vue, Visual Studio Pro, etc), and multimedia platform stuff to get all this rolling, and even run a co-op with members of Snoop's team to build a horror racing/FPS title using your beautiful engine. Yeah, that Snoop, but we do lots of different stuff.

My co-op even has an e-commerce title out, and we are all just indie types who like to impress our fancy friends into using our tools.

I would like to build some more tools, and the data integration space for Unreal could use a big kick in the ***, as I'm sure you'd agree.

peace

Comment

I would like to see more to UI art, Medieval/Classic 8 & 16 bit, Modern/ Sci-Fi, etc...

Comment

More high quality human medieval characters both male / female. All classes. There is only 1 in the marketplace. High quality archer and magic animations are needed as well.

Comment

Zombie/infected character(s) with some variations, and that would be compatible with epic skeleton (so could assign epic skeleton).

Comment

I'd love to see some 18th century France-inspired props (especially furniture) on the marketplace. Stuff along these lines:

Comment

^ I've wanted to do something along those lines since playing Dragon Age Inquisition, and seeing the Orlesian environment. Been too busy with SciFi work unfortunately. I'd love to see if someone tackles it though. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

I would like to see more VR assets (characters, Animals, buildings, Foliage). Low Tri count models with basic materials. At the moment, when I'm looking for assets to buy, I look at mobile friendly assets. The problem is most of the time, these assets are for top down style games and I have to adjust scale or are average tri count but have large material blueprints that impact render.

Comment

A working Radio that you can place in game and connect audio files to and play using a button press

Comment

Positional voice chat plugin with separate fast server, all source code included.

WIP Thread

Comment

A classic single-player adventure kit that allows non-programmers to put together classical adventure with provided game-mechanics that have parameters to combine them and modify them.
                        The difference to the existing similar kits on the marketplace is, that no blueprint and C++ is required to set up the game-logic via the provided game-mechanics.
                        Key features would include combineable modules (meaning each module can refer to the content of others, e.g. the quest-system can refer to the inventory and vice versa) for:

-Adventure-logic: quest- and parameter/variable system,
                        -text display and dialogue system
                        -a simple player inventory,
                        -item system
                        -mission-objectives,
                        -combineable game-logic like, "chest": locked, unlockable by: /unlocked, closed (replaceable static mesh), open (replaceable static mesh), content (list of items)...
                        (the same logic can be re-used to make drawers, boxers, containers...)
                        -NPCs
                        -enemies (see RPG starter kit for example, exchangeable weapons, paramters, setable waypoints for routes...)
                        -status parameters (for health, money,....)
                        -more

I could provide assets to showcase the kit, or make a small game with it, look here for more about me:

For more ideas, send me a PM if youre interested.
                        Last edited by Vollgaser; 10-27-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vollgaser View Post
                          A classic single-player adventure kit that allows non-programmers to put together classical adventure with provided game-mechanics that have parameters to combine them and modify them.
                          The difference to the existing similar kits on the marketplace is, that no blueprint and C++ is required to set up the game-logic via the provided game-mechanics.
                          Key features would include combineable modules (meaning each module can refer to the content of others, e.g. the quest-system can refer to the inventory and vice versa) for:

-Adventure-logic: quest- and parameter/variable system,
                          -text display and dialogue system
                          -a simple player inventory,
                          -item system
                          -mission-objectives,
                          -combineable game-logic like, "chest": locked, unlockable by: /unlocked, closed (replaceable static mesh), open (replaceable static mesh), content (list of items)...
                          (the same logic can be re-used to make drawers, boxers, containers...)
                          -NPCs
                          -enemies (see RPG starter kit for example, exchangeable weapons, paramters, setable waypoints for routes...)
                          -status parameters (for health, money,....)
                          -more

I could provide assets to showcase the kit, or make a small game with it, look here for more about me:

For more ideas, send me a PM if youre interested.
                          OMG YES I would buy this in a heartbeat

Comment

I would like to see more ut3 character imports from ut3 and some draconian characters

Comment

Would love to see pathfinding AI. A working project with Rama`s pathfinding AI for example would be a jewel. Have two threads open on that topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X