Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Particle Text Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Any Video Tutorial?

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Harsh Bakshi View Post
      Any Video Tutorial?
      Hi Harsh Bakshi, I don't have any video tutorials, but if there's anything specific you're confused about, I'm happy to help.

      Killer Refresh Entertainment | UE4 Particle Text Plugin

      Comment


        #48


        Thank you very much.

        Comment


          #49
          I'm getting confused with setting it up, If possible please share a simple video tutorial on how to set it up, Its a request. Thank you for your help and product.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by killer refresh View Post

            Hi Calvin, Particle Text isn't currently supported on mobile. Based on some brief testing on a single Android phone, the basic Particle Text module works, but the ParticleTextParamComponent does not (meaning: you can get static text, but can't get the dynamic morphing text). This is about what I'd expect, as the basic Particle Text Module pre-allocates the particle positions in the editor, and the ParticleTextParamComponent calculates them at runtime by rendering out a texture on the GPU. If you're interested, I can point you to how to compile the plugin for mobile, but I can't officially guarantee any functionality or performance.
            Are there any further update on mobile support? I love this plugin. Really want to get it into my iOS project.

            Comment


              #51
              can you make tutorial on to use the plug-in?

              Comment


                #52
                Hello, Can you help me? Everytime I tried to active the particle system it will appear using the previously value. For instance, I hit the enemy and I activated the particle system P_Ratta and change the text value using the ParticleTextParam to the damage dealt. The problem is that it will always show the previously damage. Consider the following example: I hit the enemy with 30,60,60. What I see in the particle is: RATTA, 30, 60. First it shows the default value and then the second value, etc.

                Can you help me? Thanks!

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by FFehn32 View Post
                  Hello, Can you help me? Everytime I tried to active the particle system it will appear using the previously value. For instance, I hit the enemy and I activated the particle system P_Ratta and change the text value using the ParticleTextParam to the damage dealt. The problem is that it will always show the previously damage. Consider the following example: I hit the enemy with 30,60,60. What I see in the particle is: RATTA, 30, 60. First it shows the default value and then the second value, etc.

                  Can you help me? Thanks!
                  Hi FFehn32,
                  The results of the SetParam* functions are asynchronous (because it has to submit a job to render a texture and asynchronously read it back from the GPU), so you'll have to wait a frame before activating your particle system.
                  Something like this:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Delay.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1761930

                  This isn't obvious, so I apologize for the confusing behavior.

                  Killer Refresh Entertainment | UE4 Particle Text Plugin

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by killer refresh View Post

                    Hi FFehn32,
                    The results of the SetParam* functions are asynchronous (because it has to submit a job to render a texture and asynchronously read it back from the GPU), so you'll have to wait a frame before activating your particle system.
                    Something like this:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Delay.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1761930

                    This isn't obvious, so I apologize for the confusing behavior.
                    That looks amazing!! Its working now, thanks! I have one more question, how do I make it work the Instance parameters? I added one as color, named it Color and selected color. But the color is not changing...What else I am missing?

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by FFehn32 View Post

                      That looks amazing!! Its working now, thanks! I have one more question, how do I make it work the Instance parameters? I added one as color, named it Color and selected color. But the color is not changing...What else I am missing?
                      Depends on what material you're using for the particle. If you're using M_TEXT, you'll need to modify it to use Particle Color like so:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ParticleColor.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1762236

                      Killer Refresh Entertainment | UE4 Particle Text Plugin

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by killer refresh View Post

                        Depends on what material you're using for the particle. If you're using M_TEXT, you'll need to modify it to use Particle Color like so:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ParticleColor.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1762236
                        M_TEXT? I am using M_Particle from the tutorial map.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1762573

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by FFehn32 View Post

                          M_TEXT? I am using M_Particle from the tutorial map.
                          Whoops, sorry, was looking at the wrong map. SetColorParameter should work fine, as the ParticleText module doesn't mess with color at all.
                          Which particle system are you using?
                          Are you calling SetColorParameter *before* Activate?
                          Do you accidentally have more than one Color module in your emitter?


                          Killer Refresh Entertainment | UE4 Particle Text Plugin

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Hey, I am trying to use the plugin with 4.25 project and I am unable to change the text params on runtime. I have the Particle Text Param component attached to the Particle System and it is working in the viewport, as in if I set the text to be something like "Hi" the text changes to "Hi" on spawn so the param component is working that way but when I attach the Set Param Text to begin play and try to change the text to something else on spawn it doesn't work at all. Can you tell what might be wrong?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X