• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work on mobile ?

Comment

Originally posted by calvin019 View Post
      Work on mobile ?
      Hi Calvin, Particle Text isn't currently supported on mobile. Based on some brief testing on a single Android phone, the basic Particle Text module works, but the ParticleTextParamComponent does not (meaning: you can get static text, but can't get the dynamic morphing text). This is about what I'd expect, as the basic Particle Text Module pre-allocates the particle positions in the editor, and the ParticleTextParamComponent calculates them at runtime by rendering out a texture on the GPU. If you're interested, I can point you to how to compile the plugin for mobile, but I can't officially guarantee any functionality or performance.

Killer Refresh Entertainment | UE4 Particle Text Plugin

Comment

Can you please put a video tutorial together on how to properly create the particle emitter and get the plugin to work? I read the tutorial and did everything you said but I can't seem to get the same results. Any help would be much appreciated
        Last edited by bigboy2k; 11-29-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigboy2k View Post
          Can you please put a video tutorial together on how to properly create the particle emitter and get the plugin to work? I read the tutorial and did everything you said but I can't seem to get the same results. Any help would be much appreciated
          Hi bigboy2k,
          Did you get a chance to download the demo project and go through it? I'd also like to know more specifics about the problems you're having.

Comment

Originally posted by matt.longest View Post

Hi bigboy2k,
            Did you get a chance to download the demo project and go through it? I'd also like to know more specifics about the problems you're having.
            I did download the demo project and the problem I am having is that I can't replicate anything you did. I created a particle and opened up a particle you did and made sure that I used the exact same setting as you but I just can't seem to get the same result. I am sure I am overlooking something simple but it would be really nice if you could create a quick tutorial video of you creating a basic particle with the word Text. Thank you

Comment

What result are you getting? Could you post a screenshot of what you see in the Particle Editor preview window and your settings on the ParticleText emitter module? I'd love to pinpoint your specific issue interactively so I can make sure to shore up any inadequacies in the tutorial.

Comment

What result are you getting? Could you post a screenshot of what you see in the Particle Editor preview window and your settings on the ParticleText emitter module? I'd love to pinpoint your specific issue interactively so I can make sure to shore up any inadequacies in the tutorial.
                I figured it out but I had to do some digging to figure out the problem. Basically I didn't have the GPU Sprites active in my particle system (you didn't include that addition into your tutorial) and then later I figured out how to create the text particle without the GPU Sprite emitter (as you had in your demo level). I recommend you create a tutorial that walks you through the whole process of creating a particle text emitter that uses both GPU Sprites and doesn't use GPU Sprites. I only say this because your website tutorial is super bare bones and I am sure not everyone is familiar with the whole particle system to the point where they can just pick up this plugin and use it in their work. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Do you think you can update your tutorial based on what I said? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by bigboy2k View Post
                    Do you think you can update your tutorial based on what I said? Thank you!
                    Thanks, yes, I've now updated the guide here:
                    http://killerrefresh.com/index.php/particle-text-plugin
                    with a note about how to add GPU typedata.

Comment

hey, does this plugin work on mobile? i'm running into some errors w an android build on my pixel 2.

Comment

Hi Spencer,
                        The plugin isn't currently supported on mobile.

Here's some further context from earlier in this thread:

Hi Calvin, Particle Text isn't currently supported on mobile. Based on some brief testing on a single Android phone, the basic Particle Text module works, but the ParticleTextParamComponent does not (meaning: you can get static text, but can't get the dynamic morphing text). This is about what I'd expect, as the basic Particle Text Module pre-allocates the particle positions in the editor, and the ParticleTextParamComponent calculates them at runtime by rendering out a texture on the GPU. If you're interested, I can point you to how to compile the plugin for mobile, but I can't officially guarantee any functionality or performance.

Comment

Working...
                        X