Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
    There is sometimes a crash under the following circumstances:

1. Get struct
    2. Create break struct node and connect one pin to something
    3. Click on break struct node and click "Hide unconnected pins"
    4. Format graph

Under 4.24 it would just re-show the unconnected pins, but under 4.25 it sometimes crashes. I wasn't able to replicate it every time, but I've had it happen a few times. I'll try to remember to get a crash dump if it happens again.
    Sorry for the late reply, could you post which types of pins you have in your struct (and if you remember which pin was linked)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TobyTheKiwi View Post
    fpwong I also found this behaviour where a 6 pin sequence was connected to another 5 pin sequence haha

It took me a long time to even scroll to the farthest node.
    Hi Toby, I believe this bug should be related to "Expand Nodes by height" or "Expand Parameters by Height" setting. Let me know if disabling these settings fixes the issue.

Could you also check if this occurs when you just have the two nodes connected to each other? I was unable to recreate this bug with a 6 pin sequence and a 5 pin input node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fpwong I also found this behaviour where a 6 pin sequence was connected to another 5 pin sequence haha

It took me a long time to even scroll to the farthest node.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is sometimes a crash under the following circumstances:

1. Get struct
    2. Create break struct node and connect one pin to something
    3. Click on break struct node and click "Hide unconnected pins"
    4. Format graph

Under 4.24 it would just re-show the unconnected pins, but under 4.25 it sometimes crashes. I wasn't able to replicate it every time, but I've had it happen a few times. I'll try to remember to get a crash dump if it happens again.
    Last edited by Antidamage; 05-24-2020, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi fpwong
    I never had "Use Knot Node Pool" on so unfortunately that wasn't the cause of the comment problem.

Funnily enough this morning I hit a great example of the weird false branch behaviour. This screenshot pretty well sums it up.

At a guess it seems like the logic to nicely arrange the nodes from a switch statement are overriding the normal logical blocking. On the right side is the problem I first commented on where the false node is much farther to the bottom right that it needs to be.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TobyTheKiwi Ah yes, that is indeed a recent change I made to "improve" the reroute nodes behavior :/ I'll look into fixing this. Btw did your problem with the comment boxes go away after changing the Use Knot Node Pool setting?

As for the false branches, is this the layout you mean? Otherwise could you screenshot the BP you have for this one too? I've enabled the "Expand By Height" setting by default which most likely caused the issue you are having.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1761895
    Last edited by fpwong; 05-16-2020, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It also seems like the logic that makes switch statements fan out nicely might be arranging false branches with only a single node much further away than they need to be.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fpwong
    ​​​​​​​I think this might be introduced behaviour recently but I'm not sure. I'm seeing this sort of reroute node where it places it much further to the left and crossing the wire under nodes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update 9 May 2020 (v2.3.1):
    • Added support for 4.25
    • Fixed crash when opening AddSymbolMenu with no valid widget

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TobyTheKiwi The bug with comment nodes seems to be related to the "Use Knot Node Pool" setting (at least for undo). Still working on a fix but try disabling this setting for now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is why this is my favourite asset on the marketplace. Cheers man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TobyTheKiwi I have noticed a similar issue recently when undoing formatting, will try to fix this asap.

Antidamage I'll see if I can add an option to the format all command to support this behavior.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fpwong Hi

I'm seeing a bug at the moment where use CTRL + SHIFT + R (refresh cache) and it causes a comment to add a whole set of nearby nodes that weren't included in it before the refresh. I've included some images to try illustrate the behaviour.

I tried manually resetting the comment to the correct nodes but it will repeatedly include the neighbouring comment and nodes.

Obviously not the end of the world but still rather frustrating behaviour.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, that's kind of the point. It's nice to have where they start all lined up. Then the same for the next column over, no matter how big the previous column was. I don't mind zooming out and dragging across, in fact that's kind of the point.

How about this behaviour: the plugin detects what event nodes are almost in a column (say within a thousand pixels) and aligns them. Then we can continue to separate logic groups by column.

> Also could you clarify what you mean by this? The format all command should work the same by pressing 'CTRL + R'.

That's what I do. I mean that I don't use auto-format because half the time the node I created disappears from where I created it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Antidamage Have a look at the "Format All Padding" setting.

The issue I have with the UMG grid behavior (I might be wrong here) is that functions in BP have a large variation in length, so your rows get really long which causes a lot of empty space. Which is why the format all command runs in a single column.

I could try to adjust the formatting algorithm so that it is able to wrap a function once it gets past a certain width. This would likely solve this issue so then you could actually fit the function into any width row you want to define. (This wrapping feature does sound very useful too, will be adding this eventually too).

I've been preferring to manually hit the format button when I'm ready rather than have stuff disappear on me
    Also could you clarify what you mean by this? The format all command should work the same by pressing 'CTRL + R'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X