Clear All

• started a poll Blueprint Assist Plugin

Blueprint Assist Plugin

Yes
    86.14%
    No
    15.47%

The poll is expired.

Would you say your most pressed hotkey is align left and straighten connections?
    Is your OCD turning your "this will only take 5 minutes" task into an hour long blueprint artwork?

Well the blueprint assist plugin might just be for you!
    LINKS: Marketplace | Wiki

This plugin provides automatic formatting and mouse-free node editing when working with blueprints.

As someone who has been using blueprints for the past 2-3 years, I started creating this plugin with two goals in mind:
    1. Save developers hundreds of hours otherwise spent aligning, positioning and straightening blueprint nodes
    2. Quality of life keyboard shortcuts which avoid tedious mouse usage (constant disconnecting and reconnecting)
    And so the plugin includes these 3 major features:
    1. Automatic node formatting: A command to format nodes into nice readable, aligned form. Including a format all symbols command.
    2. Mouse-free blueprint controls: Keyboard shortcuts for node navigation, creation and linking
    3. Quality of life functionality: Useful commands such as Link Nodes Between Wires, Replace node with, Disconnect execution, and more

For more animated examples, check out this page of the wiki

Example of mouse-less blueprint creation
    Example of the formatting featureClick image for larger version  Name:	20190430_191742.gif Views:	1 Size:	323.7 KB ID:	1613771

AutoSizeComments plugin
    The Blueprint Assist plugin has very simple support for comment boxes. I strongly suggest you download my other free plugin, AutoSizeComments.
    It forces your comment boxes to snap to contained nodes and adds support for color presets.
    Last edited by fpwong; 06-26-2019, 07:16 AM.

• replied
    Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update 13 September 2019 (v2.0.0):
    • Feature: Node size cache is saved to file and reused when project is opened
    • Feature: Added selective formatting command (Shift-F): If multiple nodes are selected: format selected nodes. If only 1 selected node: format the node tree to the right
    • Bug fix / Improvement: Fixed bug with faster formatting setting. This setting should have much better perfomance for computers with low specs
    • Bug fix: Fix crash related to ed graph formatting algorithm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks. Glad to hear it. I am looking forward to using this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scionate View Post
    This is the behavior I am talking about.

https://youtu.be/y2Jovvj0AkQ
    Thanks Scionate, this issue should be fixed in version 2.0.1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is the behavior I am talking about.

https://youtu.be/y2Jovvj0AkQ

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scionate View Post
    Whenever I enable this plugin it prevents the auto focusing on nodes that happens when opening a graph. This means dragging the nodes in the graph into focus every time. This makes the plugin unusable for me. Is there a way to change this behavior?
    Hi Scionate, could you confirm If I understood the issue correctly.

Do you mean that the viewport moves from the last time it was opened. So you have to move the viewport back to where you want it to?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whenever I enable this plugin it prevents the auto focusing on nodes that happens when opening a graph. This means dragging the nodes in the graph into focus every time. This makes the plugin unusable for me. Is there a way to change this behavior?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wijat Xu View Post
    It stops here and says node out of the window every time.
    This happens when a node is too large to fit in the graph. You need to resize the window for the plugin to correctly calculate the size of the node. Dragging the tab "Add Character Icon" into its own window is the easiest way. I will add this warning into the known issues and workarounds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It stops here and says node out of the window every time.

Last edited by Wijat Xu; 09-06-2019, 05:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wijat Xu View Post
    Maybe you want to take a look at this.

Hi Wijat, I've made an issue for this bug. Could you provide some more information over there? https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintAssistWiki/issues/10

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe you want to take a look at this.
    It happend when I open my project.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by fpwong View Post
    The command I'm thinking would be something like "format only selected nodes".
    Good idea !

What I meant is if I want to format the nodes in green, currently I have to unlink the first node and use the shortcut F.

Image 1

Image 2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultium View Post
    Hi, thanks for this very useful plugin ! Is it possible to add a new shortcut to format the nodes that follow the select node and not the entire event ?
    Currently to do this I am required to disconnect the execution link to format and then reconnect.
    Hi Ultium, could you clarify what the behavior of 'formatting the selected node' would be? The command I'm thinking would be something like "format only selected nodes".

For a node chain A-B-C-D you would select B-C and it would only format those two nodes, while not moving A and D.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, thanks for this very useful plugin ! Is it possible to add a new shortcut to format the nodes that follow the select node and not the entire event ?
    Currently to do this I am required to disconnect the execution link to format and then reconnect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X