No announcement yet.

Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My engine is crashing from time to time after a complex blueprint formatting. From what I tested it causes because of the use of "Hide Unconnected Pins" button.
    I'm using 2.0.2 (engine 4.23). Can you test it please?

Comment

Originally posted by TalShabi View Post
      My engine is crashing from time to time after a complex blueprint formatting. From what I tested it causes because of the use of "Hide Unconnected Pins" button.
      I'm using 2.0.2 (engine 4.23). Can you test it please?
      Hi TalShabi, I've opened up an issue for you on github: https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintAssistWiki/issues/13

Could you post a screenshot of the blueprint which causes the crash? I briefly tested the usage of Hide Unconnected Pins on a custom struct but was unable to recreate the crash.
      Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
      Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

Update 31 January 2020 (v2.1.0):
        • Feature: Formatting algorithm accounts for surrounding comment boxes (enable via the setting "Account for comments when formatting")
        • Misc: Made toolbar less ugly and added more settings
        • Misc: Pin selection is now disabled for knot nodes so you can now move them with arrow keys
        • Misc: Added setting to disable the caching notification: "Disable Caching Node SIze Notification"
        • Misc: Knot nodes will be added to selection after formatting if all formatted nodes are selected
        • Bug fix: Crash related to empty macros
        • Bug fix: Issue where selective formatting command (Shift+F) would not format parameter nodes correctly
        • Bug fix: Crash related to expanded formatting style
        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features

Comment

I'm using 4.24.2 and I can't use any shortcuts except Tab key ( for creating nodes).
          no shortcuts works for me and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
          what should I do?
          Last edited by hadi jam; 02-08-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hadi jam View Post
            I'm using 4.24.2 and I can't use any shortcuts except Tab key ( for creating nodes).
            no shortcuts works for me and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
            what should I do?
            There is one case where the other hotkeys are disabled. By default this only occurs when using non-blueprint graphs (e.g. the Material Editor / Niagara graphs).

If this is happening to you on blueprint graphs, perhaps somehow the setting "Use Blueprint Formatting For These Graphs" was cleared? It should have 5 elements in it:
            • EdGraph
            • GameplayAbilityGraph
            • AnimationTransitionGraph
            • AnimationGraph
            • SoundCueGraph

Comment

Originally posted by fpwong View Post

There is one case where the other hotkeys are disabled. By default this only occurs when using non-blueprint graphs (e.g. the Material Editor / Niagara graphs).

If this is happening to you on blueprint graphs, perhaps somehow the setting "Use Blueprint Formatting For These Graphs" was cleared? It should have 5 elements in it:
              • EdGraph
              • GameplayAbilityGraph
              • AnimationTransitionGraph
              • AnimationGraph
              • SoundCueGraph
              yes , I was using Material Editor, Niagara graphs.
              would be possible for next release or It is not planed?

Comment

Originally posted by hadi jam View Post

yes , I was using Material Editor, Niagara graphs.
                would be possible for next release or It is not planed?
                I might try to work on them for a bit and see how it goes but I doubt I will be satisfied with the result. Don't expect much for the next release :P

Comment

PSA: The plugin currently has a common crash, related to formatting macros / chains of parameter nodes / animation graphs. A hotfix will be coming out soon.

Comment

In both 4.23 and 4.24 the plugin crashes my editor:
                    Code:
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error:
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xa0405678
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffea0405678 UE4Editor-SlateCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe79cb84aa UE4Editor-BlueprintAssist.dll!FBAGraphHandler::UpdateNodesRequiringFormatting() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassistgraphhandler.cpp:1395]
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe79cb24ac UE4Editor-BlueprintAssist.dll!FBAGraphHandler::Tick() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassistgraphhandler.cpp:435]
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe79cb26ed UE4Editor-BlueprintAssist.dll!FBATabHandler::Tick() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassisttabhandler.cpp:44]
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe79cb2592 UE4Editor-BlueprintAssist.dll!FBAInputProcessor::Tick() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassistinputprocessor.cpp:318]
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9fd556c7 UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe9fd0beba UE4Editor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ccf67779 UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ccf7a91c UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ccf7a9fa UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ccf8b92c UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ccf8e60e UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef4017bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:496][588]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffef44cced1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:520][588]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:524][588]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
                    [2020.02.15-16.32.32:537][588]Log file closed, 02/15/20 17:32:32
                    Here's how to replicate it:
                    • Create a macro library (for actors)
                    • Add a vector input to the macro you're creating
                    • Connect a "Break Vector"-node to the input
                    • Drag a line from one of the floats of the "Break Vector"-node and add any compatible node (such as float + float)
                    • Crash!

Comment

Hi, it looks like there was an update to the plugin (perhaps to fix the above bugs?), so I updated it. Now when I start a new C++ project in 4.24.2 and enable the plugin, I get an error on startup:

Plugin 'BlueprintAssist' failed to load because module 'BlueprintAssist' could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up.
                      This is on Win64. Can't start the project now unless I delete the plugin.

Comment

Sorry about the bugs everyone. Along with the hotfix for the recent crash, I added support for other graph types which included the Niagara graph and this caused the plugin to not load when you don't have Niagara enabled (why was niagara enabled on my build test project!?!).

While the update goes through, you can download the fixed version of the plugin here:

DsyD

Edit: Hotfix 2.2.1 has been released, removing links
                        Last edited by fpwong; 02-18-2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Update 18 February 2020 (v2.2.0):
                          • The following settings have been changed:
                            • Node padding and auto-formatting is now defined per graph type. For people who had auto-formatting disabled, you can search for "Formatter Settings" in the options and disable this per graph type
                            • "Enabled graphs" has been removed and replaced with "Disabled graphs".
                          • Feature: Better hotkey & formatting support for Material Graph / SoundCues / AnimBP
                          • Bug fix: Crash related to parameter formatter (affected macros / blueprint graphs / anim bp)
                          • Bug fix: Formatting issue when creating a new node on the graph (commonly occured when using ReplaceNode command

Update 19 February 2020 (v2.2.1):
                          • Bug fix: Removed plugin requirement for Niagara

Also can someone double check if their settings will update to match the latest plugin version? I have changed the settings "Use Blueprint Formatting For These Graphs" and "Extra Root Node Types" but am unsure if default settings update when you update your plugin. See this image for the correct values: https://i.imgur.com/03I10j6.png
                          Last edited by fpwong; 02-18-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! I downloaded the hotfix and it seems to be working great.

Comment

Originally posted by fpwong View Post

Also can someone double check if their settings will update to match the latest plugin version? I have changed the settings "Use Blueprint Formatting For These Graphs" and "Extra Root Node Types" but am unsure if default settings update when you update your plugin. See this image for the correct values: https://i.imgur.com/03I10j6.png
                              I have what's in your picture plus AnimationGraph and SoundCueGraph. Not sure if they are supposed to be there now.

I'm still getting a lot of crashes (around once every ten minutes). A selection of these lines appear in the log:
                              Code:
                              Assertion failed: NodeChangeInfos.Contains(Node) [File:D:/Build/++Portal+Promotion/Sync/LocalBuilds/PluginTemp/HostProject/Plugins/BlueprintAssist/Source/BlueprintAssist/GraphFormatters/EdGraphFormatter.cpp] [Line: 411]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FEdGraphFormatter::SimpleRelativeFormatting() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\edgraphformatter.cpp:411]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FEdGraphFormatter::FormatNode() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\edgraphformatter.cpp:112]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAGraphHandler::FormatNodes() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassistgraphhandler.cpp:1865]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAGraphHandler::UpdateNodesRequiringFormatting() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassistgraphhandler.cpp:1479]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAGraphHandler::Tick() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassistgraphhandler.cpp:437]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBATabHandler::Tick() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassisttabhandler.cpp:48]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAInputProcessor::Tick() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\private\blueprintassistinputprocessor.cpp:318]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!GetTypeHash() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\graphformattertypes.h:93]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FNodeChangeInfo::HasChanged() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\edgraphformatter.cpp:65]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FEdGraphFormatter::IsFormattingRequired() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\edgraphformatter.cpp:2333]
                              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FEdGraphFormatter::FormatNode() [d:\build\++portal+promotion\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\edgraphformatter.cpp:110]
                              Not sure if that's helpful. I'm using 4.23.

Comment

DasMatze Yes the settings should be as in the image. As for the crash, I believe this is occuring as you have the "Enable Faster Formatting" setting enabled. I'll pm you when this bug is fixed so you can re-enable this setting.

Comment

Working...
                                X