Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scionate View Post
    Whenever I enable this plugin it prevents the auto focusing on nodes that happens when opening a graph. This means dragging the nodes in the graph into focus every time. This makes the plugin unusable for me. Is there a way to change this behavior?
    Hi Scionate, could you confirm If I understood the issue correctly.

Do you mean that the viewport moves from the last time it was opened. So you have to move the viewport back to where you want it to?
    Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
    Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

This is the behavior I am talking about.

https://youtu.be/y2Jovvj0AkQ

Comment

Originally posted by Scionate View Post
        This is the behavior I am talking about.

https://youtu.be/y2Jovvj0AkQ
        Thanks Scionate, this issue should be fixed in version 2.0.1
        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features

Comment

Thanks. Glad to hear it. I am looking forward to using this.

Comment

Update 13 September 2019 (v2.0.0):
            • Feature: Node size cache is saved to file and reused when project is opened
            • Feature: Added selective formatting command (Shift-F): If multiple nodes are selected: format selected nodes. If only 1 selected node: format the node tree to the right
            • Bug fix / Improvement: Fixed bug with faster formatting setting. This setting should have much better perfomance for computers with low specs
            • Bug fix: Fix crash related to ed graph formatting algorithm

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Hi, I am on 4.23 with Blueprint Assis 2.0, and is experiencing constant freezing when opening blueprint subgraph. It freezes the whole editor and requires forced restart.
                I am turning off the plugin for now, hope there will be a fix soon.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by firzgard View Post
                  Hi, I am on 4.23 with Blueprint Assis 2.0, and is experiencing constant freezing when opening blueprint subgraph. It freezes the whole editor and requires forced restart.
                  I am turning off the plugin for now, hope there will be a fix soon.

Thanks.
                  Thanks for reporting this, I've made an issue on github. Could you provide some more information about the crash?

https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintAssistWiki/issues/11

Comment

Update 3 October 2019 (v2.0.1):
                    • Bug Fix: Node caching waits for viewport to stop moving before running
                    • Bug Fix: Issue with delegate pins (was very noticeable when using the format all function)
                    • Bug Fix: Issue when user deleted nodes which were pending size caching
                    • Bug Fix: (Potential fix) for https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintAssistWiki/issues/11 (crash related to collapsed graphs)
                    PSA: I've accidentally left an experimental feature on: Use Knot Node Pool. This will cause issues with the AutoSizeComments plugin unless you turn on Ignore Knot Nodes in the AutoSizeComments settings.
                    Last edited by fpwong; 10-05-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Update 10 October 2019 (v2.0.2):
                      • Added "Extra Root Node Types" setting
                        • Decides which node is a root node (e.g. for SoundCueGraphs, AnimBP, Macros)
                      • Improved "Format All" to work with other graphs, including macros
                      • Improved "Format Nodes Selectively" to work with parameters nodes
                      • Bug Fix: Fix crash for issue https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintAssistWiki/issues/12
                      • Misc: "Refresh node size" will now do nothing when no nodes are selected
                      • Misc: Added async notification for showing when nodes are caching

Comment

Good plugin. I found a node setup that breaks it though:

It's because the struct result is split.
                        Last edited by Antidamage; 10-12-2019, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
                          Good plugin. I found a node setup that breaks it though:

It's because the struct result is split.
                          This looks a node size caching issue, you can read more about why this issue occurs here: https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintA...nd-Workarounds

In summary, any time a node has it's size changed (e.g. by splitting a pin) you will need to select the modified node(s) and run the Refresh Node Size command (CTRL + SHIFT + R) to get the correct formatting.

Comment

Hi fpwong,

I wrote a review as a superbrightvr on the marketplace. And I want to reply to your reply. Reviews page is not the best place to discuss so I write here.

Thanks for the review. There is already an enable/disable automatic formatting in the toolbar (look for a checkbox called "Auto"). I'll look into adding the ability to flag specific blueprints so that formatting is disabled.
                            I don't see any "Auto" checkbox on my toolbar. Click image for larger version

Name:	toolbar.png
Views:	32
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1674331

Unfortunately until someone figures out a clean way of getting accurate node size, we are stuck with the jumping from node to node behavior when you first open a graph
                            Now I understand why you do this. In my opinion, you shouldn't calculate nodes sizes until you don't run autoformatting, and also only this calculation should be made only for nodes that are formated.
                            In many cases, I only open blueprints but I didn't change anything in graph. For instance when I search for something or change only properties of components. In these cases calculating sizes is unnecessary.

Comment

Hi Tomasz,

Originally posted by Tomasz Klin View Post
                              I don't see any "Auto" checkbox on my toolbar.
                              This is strange, are you perhaps using an older version of UE4? I think if you are using 4.18 or below you may have an older version of the plugin. Could you check your version in the plugins tab, the latest version is 2.0.2. If you are on an older version, I can send you the source so you can build the plugin, send me a PM.

Originally posted by Tomasz Klin View Post
                              In my opinion, you shouldn't calculate nodes sizes until you don't run autoformatting, and also only this calculation should be made only for nodes that are formated.
                              There is also an option for this, search for "Cache size when required" (the old version had a different name for this option: I believe it was "Cache nodes when opening graph").
                              In the newer version of the plugin, the node sizes are saved to file so the caching part will only ever occur once per file.
                              Last edited by fpwong; 10-16-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

fpwong, you are right! This is because I use a 4.22 version, not the newest one. Now everything works that I want. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X