No announcement yet.

Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty impressed with this so far, but I would really like if there were more customization options in the settings to disable certain things. Right now I feel like I'm at the mercy of the formatting algorithm because it always applies formatting to node groups that you add a new node to, and applies formatting when using some of the other awesome keybinds like Connect Unlinked Pins.

The auto formatting doesn't always work well for every situation, for reasons that are not always technical. I have some formatting patterns (especially with things like Sequence nodes) that I use that are not the same as the algorithm and that's normal. I basically can't edit a graph that has those patterns while this plugin is enabled because it will change the whole thing.

If there was a way to turn off the auto-format after all actions, I would for sure keep using this. Right now I'm on the fence because I really like parts of it, but the auto-formatting being forced on me is more or less canceling the benefits I get from things like Connect Unlinked Pins. I would still be able to use the auto formatting manually using F, but at least I'd be in control of when I use it.

Thanks for your work on this.

Comment

Update 23 July 2019 (v1.1.0):
      • Feature: Added new node formatting style, Expanded
      • Feature: Added two new wiring styles, Single Wire and Merge When Near (Do not use Merge When Near until the next update!)
      • Feature: Enable / disable auto-formatting with a checkbox in the toolbar
      • Feature: Added setting for "Slow but accurate size caching". Hopefully fixes issues with high DPI screens
      • Feature: Added setting to expand parameters / nodes based on height. Improves spacing for wires which are very far apart vertically
      • Improvement: Setting for faster formatting (only format dirty nodes). Vastly reduces the time taken when using the "format all function"
      • Improvement: Many changes / fixes to how the formatting algorithm works. Knot tracks will have much better spacing and positioning.
      • Improvement: Improved how the plugin handles comment nodes (still suggested you use the AutoSizeComment plugin)
      • Misc: Added, renamed, recategorized multiple settings, major renamed settings include:
        • Old formatting styles (Helixing and Left-side) are now called "Parameter styles"
        • Cache When Graph Open is now called Cache Size When Required
      • Misc: Plugin is set to enabled by default
      • Misc: Enabled formatting for the SoundCueGraph, AnimationGraph and AnimationTransitionGraph. You can edit which graphs are supported in the settings.
      • Bug Fix: Plugin now does not run for read-only graphs
      • Bug Fix: Refresh node size was running the format function for every node selected
      • Bug Fix: Fixed crash when using the format all function on unsupported graphs
      Last edited by fpwong; 07-25-2019, 01:41 AM.
      Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
      Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

PSA: Suspected crash related to 'Enable Faster Formatting' setting
        Still trying to figure out exactly what it is since I have a hard time replicating this crash. Suggest you leave this setting disabled for the time being. If you encounter a crash and the error includes 'FPinLink' please report it!

Update 25 July 2019 (v1.1.1):
        • Bug fix: Fixed issue with Expanded formatting style
        • Bug fix: Fixed issue with "MergeWhenNear" wiring style
        • Bug fix: Fixed a crash when formatting (crash gives error related to FNodeInfo)
        • Improvement: Parameter nodes avoid linked pins when formatting
        • Misc: Set newer features to disabled / safer settings (includes Wiring style, Formatting Style and EnableFasterFormatting)
        I think it's a good idea to leave the new features disabled for a couple of versions just in case I find some more bugs. But aside from 'Enable Faster Formatting' the other new settings should be safe to use now. Make sure you try out the new wiring styles (MergeWhenNear and Single Wire) and the new formatting style (Expanded).
        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features

Comment

Thanks for the changes!

I noticed however that using Connect Unlinked Pins (Q) still triggers the auto-formatting even with the auto-formatting turned off

Comment

Update 2 August 2019 (v1.1.2):
            • Improvement: Replace Node With command now works when pins have multiple connections
            • Bug fix: Fix crash related to Faster Formatting setting and (error related to FPinLink and FNodeChangeInfo)
            • Bug fix: Commands below will not format nodes if Automatic Formatting is off
              • LinkNodesBetweenWires, DuplicateNodesForEachLink, SmartWireNode, SwapNodeInDirection
            • Bug fix: Fixed issue with undo for the Replace Node With command
            • Misc: Added setting to enable/disable creating knot nodes

Comment

Hi! It'd be amazing if you can make it work for Material Editor. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by aiiven View Post
                Hi! It'd be amazing if you can make it work for Material Editor. Thank you!
                Hi aiiven, hotkeys should work by default for the Material Editor (e.g. Tab to open node creation menu). Many commands do not work on the material editor such as "link node between wires" or "connect unlinked pins". I may try to fix these at a later date.

The formatting is disabled by default because I do very little work in the material editor so it is very untested. Reroute nodes do not work on the graph.

If you would like to enable the formatting for the material graph, go to the setting "Use blueprint formatting for these graphs" and add the string "MaterialGraph" to the array.

Comment

Working...
                X