No announcement yet.

Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't be any happier! Installing it right now!!!

Edit: WOW, it works just as well as advertised. This is going to be saving me hours or DAYS of time in the future...you have no idea how long I spend just dragging things around and straightening connections throughout one day alone. The price is a steal too. I would literally have paid $150 for this but it's only $12. fpwong, you are a GOD.
    Last edited by CoolOppo; 06-19-2019, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I am getting errors trying to format nodes inside a function:

Click image for larger version  Name:	UE4Editor_20190619_231712.png Views:	1 Size:	141.3 KB ID:	1633310

The first error it shows (not visible in the screenshot) is one stating BeginPlay isn't visible on-screen.

Edit: This fixed itself after I went to the actual Event Graph. Problem must be with the node size caching.

Also want to say that other than this small annoyance, everything else is working great. My only wish is that I could have a separate keybind for doing helix and left-side formatting, because it seems like one isn't always better than the other.
      Last edited by CoolOppo; 06-20-2019, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolOppo View Post
        I am getting errors trying to format nodes inside a function:

The first error it shows (not visible in the screenshot) is one stating BeginPlay isn't visible on-screen.

Edit: This fixed itself after I went to the actual Event Graph. Problem must be with the node size caching.

Also want to say that other than this small annoyance, everything else is working great. My only wish is that I could have a separate keybind for doing helix and left-side formatting, because it seems like one isn't always better than the other.
        What's happening here is you opened a tab and then the node caching started, then you switched tabs so the node caching wants to cache a node which is not visible on the screen, when this happens I give you a 'suggestion message' to say you should resize the screen. I should have made that say Warning instead of Error! This is not intended behavior though, I need to make it stop caching when you change tab.

Also will add a keybind for helixing / left-side formatting. And you actually reminded me, I was going to add a toolbar button so you could toggle between them.
        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
        Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

Originally posted by fpwong View Post

What's happening here is you opened a tab and then the node caching started, then you switched tabs so the node caching wants to cache a node which is not visible on the screen, when this happens I give you a 'suggestion message' to say you should resize the screen. I should have made that say Warning instead of Error! This is not intended behavior though, I need to make it stop caching when you change tab.

Also will add a keybind for helixing / left-side formatting. And you actually reminded me, I was going to add a toolbar button so you could toggle between them.
          Yep, that's what I figured. Awesome to hear that you're gonna implement different keybinds too, thank you!

Now I am running into another issue, though. When trying to package my game, I am getting a couple errors:

Code:
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: -----------------------------------
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprintAssist: Error: FBlueprintAssistModule: Slate App Not Initialized
          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):   LogInit: Display: LogBlueprintAssist: Error: FBlueprintAssistModule: Failed to load settings module

Comment

Now I am running into another issue, though. When trying to package my game, I am getting a couple errors:

Code:
            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: -----------------------------------
            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprintAssist: Error: FBlueprintAssistModule: Slate App Not Initialized
            UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprintAssist: Error: FBlueprintAssistModule: Failed to load settings module
            Thanks for the report, bug has been fixed.
            Last edited by fpwong; 06-21-2019, 07:07 AM.
            Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features

Comment

Well that was fast. How long till I get the update from the marketplace?

Comment

Well that was fast. How long till I get the update from the marketplace?
                Submitting the fix today, I'd estimate it will be accepted in around 3-4 days.

If you need it the fix now:
                1. Go to the plugin in the marketplace folder, located at "Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\BlueprintAssist"
                2. Move the folder into the plugin folder inside your project into "ProjectName\Plugins"
                3. Might need to generate your visual studio files so it detects the plugin
                4. Open BlueprintAssistModule.cpp, located at "BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\Private"
                5. Add the code below to the start of the StartupModule function
                6. Compile your project
                7. (Optional) Package the plugin and move it back to the marketplace folder
                Code:
                    if (!FSlateApplication::IsInitialized())
                    {
                        return;
                    }
                Last edited by fpwong; 06-22-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Update 26 June 2019:
                    • New Feature: Toolbar option to select formatting style
                    • New Feature: Hotkeys to format with specific formatting style (initially unbound)
                    • Improvement: Formatting now handles comment boxes (This is a bit buggy in the current patch if you don't have the auto-size comment plugin. Will submit a fix asap)
                    • Bug fix: Node caching only runs on the active tab
                    • Bug fix: Plugin was failing when packaging the project
                    • Bug fix: Ghost default nodes now do not cache the size of their comment bubble
                    Last edited by fpwong; 06-26-2019, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Here is the very bad stuff, Switch node is really can not work well!

Before I format it:

After I format it:

My suggestion is that these exec lines can be pulled longer to avoid a lot of crossover. Now the white exec line will cross a lot on the switch node and the sequence node. This type blueprint is can not to read it. Then I can only manually adjust these stuff when I work.
                      Last edited by Wijat Xu; 07-06-2019, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wijat Xu View Post
                        Here is the very bad stuff, Switch node is really can not work well!

My suggestion is that these exec lines can be pulled longer to avoid a lot of crossover. Now the white exec line will cross a lot on the switch node and the sequence node. This type blueprint is can not to read it. Then I can only manually adjust these stuff when I work.
                        Hi Wijat, I did have an option a while ago for what you're describing but it didn't work very well so I removed it.

I'll have another look to see if I can fix this issue. In case it doesn't work very well, I'll also add a button to disable the automatic formatting.

Comment

Hi Wijat, I did have an option a while ago for what you're describing but it didn't work very well so I removed it.

I'll have another look to see if I can fix this issue. In case it doesn't work very well, I'll also add a button to disable the automatic formatting.

Great to hear that, your plugin help me a lot, only this part is messy me up.

Comment

Today, I am messy by auto format again. Man, maybe you want to take a look at this:

Comment

Originally posted by Wijat Xu View Post
                              Today, I am messy by auto format again. Man, maybe you want to take a look at this:
                              Thanks Wijat,

Here it looks like you might need to run the 'Refresh Node Sizes' command (CTRL + SHIFT + R) then format the function again.
                              Short explanation: Any time the size of a node changes, you need to refresh the size of the node that changed otherwise the formatting will not be correct.
                              You can read more about it here: https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintA...nd-Workarounds

That being said, I recreated your function in my old version of the plugin and have a different issue but it should look a little bit better than in your image (see my attachment)

Also for the past week I have been working on the formatting algorithm and have found many bugs! So hopefully in the next update there will be less issues with this.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Wijat,

Here it looks like you might need to run the 'Refresh Node Sizes' command (CTRL + SHIFT + R) then format the function again.
                                Short explanation: Any time the size of a node changes, you need to refresh the size of the node that changed otherwise the formatting will not be correct.
                                You can read more about it here: https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintA...nd-Workarounds

That being said, I recreated your function in my old version of the plugin and have a different issue but it should look a little bit better than in your image (see my attachment)

Also for the past week I have been working on the formatting algorithm and have found many bugs! So hopefully in the next update there will be less issues with this.
                                Thanks for your work!

Your plugin is very promising, but there are a few parts that will make me very painful. My experience is that there has happy and pain. The happy part is that I really don't need to have a lot of mouse pull operation to let the work efficiency is much higher. Create the game more quickly.

So when I use it, I think it is possible to rely more and more on your plugin in the future, I also hope that you can do this plugin well so that I can save a lot of time and make life easier.

Good luck
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	10885020_1570965933115386_3513098851192917321_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1640891

Comment

Working...
                                X