X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for it! plz check this post
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...lex-blueprints

Comment

Want two tools like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWurQ7-KTFU, they are very useful for inserting space for new nodes!

Comment

Any update on the plugin release date?

Comment

Originally posted by IronSuit View Post
          Any update on the plugin release date?
          Hi IronSuit, I am going to say 100% by the end of April but most likely a few weeks earlier than that.

It's been three months since I said my initial release date of end of 2017, but there were one major aspect with the formatting that I was not satisfied with so I had to redo a large part of the algorithm.

There are still some small aspects which I am not quite satisfied with, but I am going to leave it up to community feedback to see whether they are truly a problem.

Currently I am done adding any new features, until release I will just be cleaning up my code and fixing / finding bugs.
          Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
          Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

Originally posted by fpwong View Post
            i am going to say 100% by the end of april but most likely a few weeks earlier than that.
            yesss!!! :d

Comment

Hey just wanted to let everyone following this thread know that someone released a similar plugin for free on the marketplace. Seems very relevant:

https://unrealengine.com/marketplace...raph-formatter

Comment

Biggest bonus for me about this concept was never the layout feature, they are helpful but the biggest hindrance to using BP in my eyes is the fact you have to babysit the mouse, that you cant just type continuous in a fashion similar to AutoCAD and have it do commands. I really like the speed and versatility of BP but too much focus is on the "Arrrgh spaghetti" instead of real productivity which is rapid prototyping not beautification as even text code can look bad and become spaghetti if you were to visualise it on a graph.

I really hope someone takes this serious enough to see it through as I believe BP speed can be dramatically increased by keyboard only operation to the point it could get close to (if not exceed) the speed of text code creation. This would make it be seen as a serious alternative especially if it were possible to swap between a text view and graph layout seamlessly without touching the mouse, thats not to say the graph view couldnt be improved with multi-touch layouts too to expand the capabilities of platforms less keyboard/mouse orientated

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                  Biggest bonus for me about this concept was never the layout feature, they are helpful but the biggest hindrance to using BP in my eyes is the fact you have to babysit the mouse, that you cant just type continuous in a fashion similar to AutoCAD and have it do commands. I really like the speed and versatility of BP but too much focus is on the "Arrrgh spaghetti" instead of real productivity which is rapid prototyping not beautification as even text code can look bad and become spaghetti if you were to visualise it on a graph.

I really hope someone takes this serious enough to see it through as I believe BP speed can be dramatically increased by keyboard only operation to the point it could get close to (if not exceed) the speed of text code creation. This would make it be seen as a serious alternative especially if it were possible to swap between a text view and graph layout seamlessly without touching the mouse, thats not to say the graph view couldnt be improved with multi-touch layouts too to expand the capabilities of platforms less keyboard/mouse orientated
                  Couldn't agree more! Godot is great in this way because of how quickly you can write scripts and recompile them. It feels even more productive than Blueprints in UE4 because you don't even have to take your hands off the keyboard.

I feel like the best way to solve it would be to create a scripting language that compiles to/from Blueprints. Blueprints already seem to have all the autocomplete functionality and quick compilation stuff down, so I don't see the sense in bringing in a third-party interpreter/VM (like unreal.js, which is a cool project, don't get me wrong).

I can't wait for the day where I can avoid dragging nodes around on a screen forever, although I do think your idea of being able to go back and forth is pretty cool too. It would be amazing to be able to write some code and then see it laid out on a graph in front of you visually (not that I really need that part, but it would be helpful to describe what's going on to non-coders more quickly.)

I guess for me though, I do like the layout feature a lot, because I don't see it really working out very well with absolutely no mouse involvement. When panning and zooming and you want to be precise, I figure it will actually take less time to move my hand from/to the keyboard than to try and get the positioning right with the keyboard alone. (Interesting write-up on that here!)

Comment

Originally posted by CoolOppo View Post
                    I guess for me though, I do like the layout feature a lot, because I don't see it really working out very well with absolutely no mouse involvement. When panning and zooming and you want to be precise, I figure it will actually take less time to move my hand from/to the keyboard than to try and get the positioning right with the keyboard alone. (Interesting write-up on that here!)
                    Well UE4 is actually pretty good at automatic node alignment and creating them in the right place generally speaking, its not perfect but I think if keyboard only operation were to be done you would be amazed how fast it would by simply by having the execution flow go in a straight line and being able to navigate along it with arrows similar to moving along the line in text. You could even do similar to text code in that home and end could take you to the start/end, alternating end points to rapidly switch between branches.

I think people see BP and immediately get hung up on the visuals rather than thinking in concepts, theres alot that could be done and I would love to do it myself but I simply dont have the time or the experience in C++ to make it reality. Thats why I post here though in hopes someone might pick it up, as someone whos been using UE4 since the beta Ive seen this potential for a long time so I really hope others can put their bias towards text behind to realise the main benefit to text isnt just the visuals but the way we interface with it

Comment

Any update on release date?

I've been waiting far too long for this plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by IronSuit View Post
                        Any update on release date?

I've been waiting far too long for this plugin.
                        Plugin is done, I'm currently doing the Ludum Dare game jam as a final test.

If I don't find any new bugs by tomorrow, I'll be submitting it to the store. So expect it in about a week.

EDIT: Submitted it a few days ago and they estimated that they will process it in 15-20 working days (around May 17-22). I already know of one minor issue with the version I submitted to the marketplace (that's what happens when you make a last minute code change!), but I am just going to release it as it, since resubmitting an update will take another week or so.
                        Last edited by fpwong; 05-10-2019, 02:44 AM.
                        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features

Comment

I am so incredibly excited for this. Will be buying straight away, thanks for your hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by fpwong View Post

plugin is done, i'm currently doing the ludum dare game jam as a final test.

If i don't find any new bugs by tomorrow, i'll be submitting it to the store. so expect it in about a week.

edit: Submitted it a few days ago and they estimated that they will process it in 15-20 working days (around may 17-22). I already know of one minor issue with the version i submitted to the marketplace (that's what happens when you make a last minute code change!), but i am just going to release it as it, since resubmitting an update will take another week or so.
                            yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Comment

Just received news, the plugin review should be completed in the next 5 days.

Since I've submitted to the marketplace, I have been working on the plugin for another month.
                              A number of new features have been added and many bugs have been fixed. I have also ended up changing a few hotkeys around.

Mainly due to the hotkeys being changed, I will be delaying the release until the next update is live.
                              Sorry about the delay but I really don't want people to get used to using old hotkeys, especially for commonly used features.

I am hoping the update will take around a week (plus the 5 days from now) before it is live (approx. 4th June)

On a side note: I have created a wiki
                              The most complete page is the animated hotkey page: https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintA...tcuts-Animated

EDIT (June 12): Quick update, forgot a copyright in one of my new files so the submissions is going to take a bit longer.
                              Last edited by fpwong; 06-12-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Blueprint Assist has finally been released!

Grab it on the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ueprint-assist
                                Make sure to have a look at the wiki as well: https://github.com/fpwong/BlueprintAssistWiki/wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X